Page 123 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3423

Bunch of Batgirl projects that were coming next year have been cancelled.

I’m ok with that, put those funds into something other than more Batbooks Javins.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bunch of Batgirl projects that were coming next year have been cancelled.

I’m ok with that, put those funds into something other than more Batbooks Javins.
    I honestly at least want to see what these would have been, as a Batgirl fan.

I know, I know...too much Bat-Stuff already, but Batgirl's cool.

Ultimate Member

Yeah off to Marvel to join the trashing of T'Challa run Marvel is doing.

I hope they continue pushing the character. Phillips is ok, but she hasn’t wowed me yet, so as long as the character is getting respect I’m happy.

New Champion of Shazam's creative team did an AMA.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...he_writer_and/

Page from issue 2:

Hoppy snuck home with her! Her college roommate who really owns him won't be pleased.

Cover for issue 4:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if they'll ever bring back brunette Freddy in the comics...

Darla's infectious enthusiasm is back .

Is she fighting Mr. Atom and some alligators ?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever bring back brunette Freddy in the comics...

Darla's infectious enthusiasm is back .

Is she fighting Mr. Atom and some alligators ?
    Wash the blonde out and say it was a dye!

Honestly, I'm fine with blonde Freddy since he's an entirely new character apart from being disabled. Unless we're restoring his personality and making him Mary's love interest (and not brother) again as well, I think the hair is just going to further the "in name only" quality the character suffers right now.

Rather, just let the current iteration grow into his own character. We're never getting classic Freddy back.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    . . . Unless we're restoring his personality and making him Mary's love interest (and not brother) again as well, I think the hair is just going to further the "in name only" quality the character suffers right now. . .
    Wait . . . when was Freddy Mary's "love interest"?

And when were Freddy and Mary brother and sister?

Is that more Geoff Johns crap? 'Cuz I don't remember any of that from the good-ol' pre-CoIE days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . when was Freddy Mary's "love interest"?

And when were Freddy and Mary brother and sister?

Is that more Geoff Johns crap? 'Cuz I don't remember any of that from the good-ol' pre-CoIE days.
    The Ordway run of The Power of SHAZAM introduced some tension there and caused a rift between Billy and Freddy. Honestly, I adore that run, and I think you may too if you give it a chance. Ordway did a lot of heavy lifting to make it all line up post-CoIE but I think his run genuinely had its heart in the right place. It bums me out they ceased collecting it in beautiful oversized hardcover.

As for Freddy and Mary being siblings, they're all part of the same foster family along with Billy and the rest. I don't believe there's been a bullet put in Mary and Billy being long-lost siblings, but as of right now they're all only foster-family.
    May we never forget:

The Ordway run of The Power of SHAZAM introduced some tension there and caused a rift between Billy and Freddy. Honestly, I adore that run, and I think you may too if you give it a chance. Ordway did a lot of heavy lifting to make it all line up post-CoIE but I think his run genuinely had its heart in the right place. It bums me out they ceased collecting it in beautiful oversized hardcover.
    I did buy / read some of the first few issues, but unfortunately that series came out right about the time I stopped buying comic books (for about fifteen years).
    And Ordway is a great guy. He sometimes came by the comic book shop where I use to hang out back in those days.

As for Freddy and Mary being siblings, they're all part of the same foster family along with Billy and the rest. I don't believe there's been a bullet put in Mary and Billy being long-lost siblings, but as of right now they're all only foster-family.
    I think Johns set up the possibility that Billy and Mary were long-lost siblings but it seems like he kind of dropped it. Especially now that they're really pushing Mary as being older than everybody, for some reason.
    I did buy / read some of the first few issues, but unfortunately that series came out right about the time I stopped buying comic books (for about fifteen years).
    And Ordway is a great guy. He sometimes came by the comic book shop where I use to hang out back in those days.
    That's really cool .

Great to hear. I do hope to meet him at a con one day. He's been responsible for so many comics I adore.

But give The Power of Shazam a look if you ever need something to read. It's hard to get now, but at the very least it's all on DC Universe Infinite.
    May we never forget:

. . . But give The Power of Shazam a look if you ever need something to read. It's hard to get now, but at the very least it's all on DC Universe Infinite.
    It may be, but I'm not.

I don't deal with digital reading services.
    Hell, I don't even get cable channels like HBO.

Have they adopted them by now? Mary called Mrs Vasquez "Mom" in New Champion of Shazam #1, I'm pretty sure they'd have previously used their first names.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Johns set up the possibility that Billy and Mary were long-lost siblings but it seems like he kind of dropped it. Especially now that they're really pushing Mary as being older than everybody, for some reason.
    It would need a reboot to make them twins again, but they could still says Mrs Bromfield had an affair with Billy's son of a bitch father CC Batson, and she was the result (he then fathers Billy a couple of years later, and would never have known he left Mrs Bromfield pregnant hence why the mind controlled CC only came looking for Billy, not both). She just passed her off as being her husband's daughter, maybe he found out the truth about not being her real Dad and that's what prompted Mary to run away and end up in foster care. That would make Mary Billy's older half-sister.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman