Page 133 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Really? I don't read Marvel, i didn't knew. But he writes Robin and Supergirl pretty well in the World's Finest.
    Yeah and I was very pleasantly surprised by that, but I still wouldn’t trust him with a teen book. Robin and Supergirl are supporting characters, Batman and Superman are the leads, and it’s also very “retro”. Waid trying to write a “contemporary” teen book, with teen leads and an attempt at “relevancy” has not gone well. Best not to tempt fate again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like he’s writing Legion too. Retroboot is back.

Nooooo trust me you do not want that Waid tried to write a Titans esque book with the Champions over at Marvel and it was absolutely terrible. He’s too old to write believable young adults/teens anymore. But I’d be fine giving Titans to Taylor
    I think he would do fine with the Fab Five/Wolfman-era Titans. Most of them haven't been teenagers since forever (Beast Boy and Raven being the exception due to reboots). I mean, Mark Waid the guy that wrote one of the best DC runs of all time with Wally West!

However him writing a Teen Titans book starring newer and younger characters would indeed be a disaster.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 08-18-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Source or link for this Waid Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I just have one thing to say about this…Yes! F**K, YES!

https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...ikel-janin-dc/

Geoff John’s and Mikel Janin on an ongoing JSA book

Edit: It’s not just one series, it’s a big special one-shot leading into a new series AND a Stargirl miniseries

https://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-rings-...iniseries/?amp
    Wow, it's finally happening. And all it took was Geoff Johns coming back!

Like, okay, I know people have their issues with Johns...there will probably be delays...Janin wouldn't be my first choice for a JSA artist...but dang it we're getting a JSA ongoing from one of the writer who gets the team the most! It's hard not to be excited about that!

And we are getting a new Stargirl mini to boot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Really hyped about JSA, but DC... can we... can we get a big name on the Titans too, please?
    At this point Johns may as well relaunch the Titans again too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Gotta be Wayne.
    I question the need for both Helena Bertinelli and Helena Wayne to be on the same Earth, but I guess we'll see how Johns handles it.
    re: Titans - Hickman finally coming over to DC and writing Titans as it was his favorite growing up remains the dream, otherwise the other current big name I'd be interested in taking over would be Zdarsky. I don't think he would light the world on fire but his level of competency I think would do a good job in stabilizing the franchise and bringing back some credibility to the book. To be honest though I'd be more interested in a younger creator like Ram V or Dan Watters taking over.
    I know Zdarksy did Justice League: The Last Ride but I question if he's all that interested in the wider DCU after Batman.

Ram V on Titans would be a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah and I was very pleasantly surprised by that, but I still wouldn’t trust him with a teen book. Robin and Supergirl are supporting characters, Batman and Superman are the leads, and it’s also very “retro”. Waid trying to write a “contemporary” teen book, with teen leads and an attempt at “relevancy” has not gone well. Best not to tempt fate again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think he would do fine with the Fab Five/Wolfman-era Titans. Most of them haven't been teenagers since forever (Beast Boy and Raven being the exception due to reboots). I mean, Mark Waid the guy that wrote one of the best DC runs of all time with Wally West!

However him writing a Teen Titans book starring newer and younger characters would indeed be a disaster.
    Yeah, when we talk about Titans, since i'm being selfish, i'm referring to Nightwing and Co. They aren't really teens anymore.
    But the chances of this happening are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Gotta be Wayne.

He did Batman with Williamson actually.

re: Titans - Hickman finally coming over to DC and writing Titans as it was his favorite growing up remains the dream, otherwise the other current big name I'd be interested in taking over would be Zdarsky. I don't think he would light the world on fire but his level of competency I think would do a good job in stabilizing the franchise and bringing back some credibility to the book. To be honest though I'd be more interested in a younger creator like Ram V or Dan Watters taking over.
    Zdarsky or Ram V would be cool too.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm so happy they're making an effort to come out of this Crisis with some excitement. It seems like DC has been stuck in neutral since Doomsday Clock.

I'm really excited about JSA but there is no way Johns and Janin can keep this book on a regular schedule, unless they already had a huge head start. Fingers crossed. Do we know if this takes place on Earth Prime or are they back on Earth 2 after Dark Crisis?

So glad Johns is finally getting around to finishing the Star Girl story. Lots of interesting concepts were teased in that one shot. And holy ****, is that the John Henry from New Frontier?!?

DC's new character is called Nostalgia? If it's a villain the irony writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm so happy they're making an effort to come out of this Crisis with some excitement. It seems like DC has been stuck in neutral since Doomsday Clock.

I'm really excited about JSA but there is no way Johns and Janin can keep this book on a regular schedule, unless they already had a huge head start. Fingers crossed. Do we know if this takes place on Earth Prime or are they back on Earth 2 after Dark Crisis?

So glad Johns is finally getting around to finishing the Star Girl story. Lots of interesting concepts were teased in that one shot. And holy ****, is that the John Henry from New Frontier?!?
    Wasn't Hitch originally supposed to draw it which is why it took so long for this to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

They’re on Earth 0 I’m sure.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Gonna do the Earth 0 JSA teams up with the Earth 2 JSA again.

Kinda looks like Earth 2 got rebooted (or debooted) going off of Karen and Helena back in their classic looks. I’m betting E2 is back to being the “retro” Earth.

Astonishing Member

I'm happy to be right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post

I wouldn't mind a book revolving around the Teen Titans in their younger days. The older books are so 60s; its old ground deserving of a new modern lense. Not sure who I want to write it tho.

Edit: It’s not just one series, it’s a big special one-shot leading into a new series AND a Stargirl miniseries

Considering Stargirl is on S3 this is overdue.

I've only read some JSA here and there but happy for its fans. Might give me a reason to read some previous runs...

I'll probably pick up the Stargirl book the story at least looks interesting.

Plus, them pulling Secret out of nowhere is now. Only one former YJ member is unaccounted for now.

Pushing her with Emiko is interesting.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Wow, between the news about Rosenberg's WildC.A.T.S. relaunch and now a JSA ongoing by Geoff Johns, I'm eating very well today. Now I just need confirmation that a new Legion ongoing is happening, and I hope Johns will be writing that too, and a great creative team on Titans (loving the Waid suggestions) and I'll be a happy DC fan.

But YEAH!!! Even Johnny Thunder is referenced on that cover!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Wow, between the news about Rosenberg's WildC.A.T.S. relaunch and now a JSA ongoing by Geoff Johns, I'm eating very well today. Now I just need confirmation that a new Legion ongoing is happening, and I hope Johns will be writing that too, and a great creative team on Titans (loving the Waid suggestions) and I'll be a happy DC fan.
    WildC.A.T.s are being integrated, Stormwatch is integrated in its original form ( and closer to its spirit), the return of the JSA (either on earth 2 or in earth 0) makes me happy. At last!!

And who was saying than Johns had no more relevance on DC? With him and Waid on the writing chores is only matter of time to gave the Bendisboot good riddance!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Stormwatch is? Where?