Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1323
  1. #301
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I forgot how sensitive Miles fans are. My point was that Jace is going to get adapted at some point and the success of that adaption will determine whether he sticks around or not. His comics sales don’t matter at all.
    I wonder if they'd pull a cartoon Miles and give him a new codename if he's adapted in something where Bruce is the main character.

    Shadow Bat? Batfox? Lark :P?

  2. #302
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    29,212

    Default

    Probably Batwing, merging him with his brother Luke.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  3. #303
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably Batwing, merging him with his brother Luke.

    I think that Jace would work better if he had started out on another Earth first. Like Miles did in the Ultimate Universe.
    Eventually merging into the main DC Universe with time.
    Even the Flashpoint Batman/ Thomas works good on an alternate Earth.
    I gave Jace a chance with picking up some issues, but it really doesn't interest me at this point.
    Maybe if they tried a different approach, his character would work better.
    Another idea would be for him to work with Bruce ?
    Last edited by TheKryptonMan; 01-25-2022 at 12:35 PM.

  4. #304

  5. #305
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,595

  6. #306
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Earth 2, earth 7and earth 31 got updated icons.
    There is a connection between Earth 8 and earth 51 (as should be).
    There is a weird symbol on earth 28 (one of thre unknonwn earths)
    Pending:

    Earth 15 should had the Blackstars symbol.
    Earth 25 hinted to be Tom Strong Earth. Will be confirmed?
    Earth 14 was Justice League of Assassins, but why still is a double earth?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-25-2022 at 06:11 PM.
    "I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it' anymore and what’s 'it' seems weird and scary. It'll happen to you!"

  7. #307
    Incredible Member Twice-named's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Looking forward to this.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

  8. #308
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Earth 2, earth 7and earth 31 got updated icons.
    There is a connection between Earth 8 and earth 51 (as should be).
    There is a weird symbol on earth 28 (one of thre unknonwn earths)
    Pending:

    Earth 15 should had the Blackstars symbol.
    Earth 25 hinted to be Tom Strong Earth. Will be confirmed?
    Earth 14 was Justice League of Assassins, but why still is a double earth?
    I was wondering what was different. E2 seems to be exploding, perhaps they’re going to reboot it? E14 I’m expecting they change, Tomasi’s take on it was really boring and didn’t do anything with the whole “dual Earths” that the image teased.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  9. #309
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Normally I'd be very exited for an updated version of Multiversity Guidebook, but it is probably going to be done by Williamson and its going to be shit.

  10. #310
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Also, Earth-14 is not dual Earth, it is vibrating. Hughes, in one interview, has said that it is very close to wonder world and that this "might" be the place where new Earths are created. In other words Earth-14 is vibrating itself into existence. Or maybe it is rebooting itself all the time and it will be different every time we visit it.

  11. #311
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    Progressive types and some thirsty PoC fans might like this sort of thing now, but I'm firmly of the belief that sometime in the future--could be 5 years, could be 10 years, could be 15 years--a general thought will take acceptance that "Black Batman, Black Spider-Man, Black Superman" et al, is really not a great idea, despite perhaps some good intentions somewhere in there. Because there is also a hefty amount of laziness and even some...I dunno'...degradation in there. A suggestion that these characters--who will NEVER be as prominent as their white counterparts--have to adopt their identities to be relevant and worthwhile.

    In the long run, it's really in their best interest to have their own names In the LONG RUN, it's really in PoC characters' best interest to have their own mythologies without having to rely on Batman and so on. Though, I guess if Batman and Superman are going to have these giant families, it makes some sense for some of those characters to be PoC.
    Well, the batfamily has both Batwing (Luke) and Signal (Duke), although I'm not sure what's Luke's current status.
    And then as far as overall representations go, the batfamily is doing really great - you have Nightwing (half Romani), Tim (queer), Batwoman (Jewish, queer), Cass (Asian), Damian (Arab-Asian-Caucasian mix).
    So right now 3 of the 4 "main" Robins, and one of the current Batgirls are representing minorities or under-represented groups. Those aren't niche characters. Those are the core batfamily members.

  12. #312
    Mighty Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Impenetrable Coccoon of Feelings
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Well, the batfamily has both Batwing (Luke) and Signal (Duke), although I'm not sure what's Luke's current status.
    And then as far as overall representations go, the batfamily is doing really great - you have Nightwing (half Romani), Tim (queer), Batwoman (Jewish, queer), Cass (Asian), Damian (Arab-Asian-Caucasian mix).
    So right now 3 of the 4 "main" Robins, and one of the current Batgirls are representing minorities or under-represented groups. Those aren't niche characters. Those are the core batfamily members.
    Don't forget that Catwoman, Bluebird, and Ghost-Maker are bisexual and Barbara Gordon has physical disabilities.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

  13. #313
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was wondering what was different. E2 seems to be exploding, perhaps they’re going to reboot it? E14 I’m expecting they change, Tomasi’s take on it was really boring and didn’t do anything with the whole “dual Earths” that the image teased.
    So, is my mind tricking me? Becuase I remember those "holes" on Earth 2 from some years ago, and I thought they were the fire pits from the "apokoliptian" Earth 2, but since then, in universe, they moved to another planet and then had a reboot.

  14. #314
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was wondering what was different. E2 seems to be exploding, perhaps they’re going to reboot it? E14 I’m expecting they change, Tomasi’s take on it was really boring and didn’t do anything with the whole “dual Earths” that the image teased.
    Where is E2?

  15. #315
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    So, is my mind tricking me? Becuase I remember those "holes" on Earth 2 from some years ago, and I thought they were the fire pits from the "apokoliptian" Earth 2, but since then, in universe, they moved to another planet and then had a reboot.
    Probably not that E2, but rather the original one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •