Page 64 of 229 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...66579952930820

Maybe it is about earlier hinted series with Gerads or maybe he got something more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah well it’s replaced with a JSA/Hawkman one-shot for Black Adam.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/black-ada...hot-dc-comics/
    Now this is a movie tie-in I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah well it’s replaced with a JSA/Hawkman one-shot for Black Adam.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/black-ada...hot-dc-comics/
    Really hyped for the future Cyclone's one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...66579952930820

Maybe it is about earlier hinted series with Gerads or maybe he got something more coming.
    A new Batman book, most probably.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    In a new geoff johns interview yesterday, he says flashpoint beyond will lead to a new wave of titles: https://www.ign.com/articles/flashpo...source=twitter

Finally, Johns hints that the fallout of Flashpoint Beyond will lead to a new wave of DC titles, some of which will build on this revamped approach to time and time travel.

"There will be books and stories that spin out of this into the greater DC Universe, some of them featuring characters that haven't been at the forefront for quite a while that I'm excited to see," Johns teases. "But it'll do it in a very focused way on this side of history and time. And that's something I've always loved with DC Universe is the vast history of it going back to the '40s with the original to Justice Society and all the way to the future with the Legion of Super Heroes. But it is a storyline that is going to explore hopefully a different facet of the DCU that we haven't seen for a while."

No wonder DC has been promoting the book extra hard..
    Let's see how everything works. And if, IF, there are new books of the JSA and the Legion (and which Legion I wonder too), which I doubt. Specially with the Dark Crisis going on. At the end of the Dark Crisis I suppose we will see a wave of new books, but in the meanwhile I suppose we will see several minis set in the dream worlds of the lost leaguers.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    https://twitter.com/AquamanUniverse/...49956118388743

So looks like Aquamen was supposed to be another mini, but I guess looking at terrible sales for Becoming, Manta and Green Arrow/Aquaman DC decided to launch it as an "ongoing". But sales weren't much, if at all, better so it is ending as well.
    While I actually liked Aquaman: Becoming and Black Manta, that Deep Target mini has been one big pile of "wtf?"...

Here's hoping DC doesn't plan on putting Arthur in moth balls due to all these back-to-back flops.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GateCrash...42005387337736

V and Albuquerque taking over Detective
    This I can get excited for! I already buy Detective, and as I've said before, Ram V can do no wrong in my book. I'm glad they decided to run his story (however long it may be) in an existing title instead of launching a new mini/maxi series.

That said, I've also been pleasantly surprised with Tamaki's run; it's been leaps and bounds above what's happened in Batman over the past couple years and I hate to see her go.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This I can get excited for! I already buy Detective, and as I've said before, Ram V can do no wrong in my book. I'm glad they decided to run his story (however long it may be) in an existing title instead of launching a new mini/maxi series.

That said, I've also been pleasantly surprised with Tamaki's run; it's been leaps and bounds above what's happened in Batman over the past couple years and I hate to see her go.
    I wonder if they'll give Tamaki a new book. Nothing seems to be opening up but maybe she'll do a new Crush series? I hear that did well trade-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll give Tamaki a new book. Nothing seems to be opening up but maybe she'll do a new Crush series? I hear that did well trade-wise.
    As loathe as I am to suggest another Bat-book, Gotham is the only area in which she's shined at DC, imho. I would pick up a Batwoman or Huntress mini by her in a heartbeat.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Mighty Member

As loathe as I am to suggest another Bat-book, Gotham is the only area in which she's shined at DC, imho. I would pick up a Batwoman or Huntress mini by her in a heartbeat.
    I feel that she'll fit best on a new Birds of Prey book, with the classic cast plus Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, better not have high hopes. DC comics would rather go bankrupt than bring the JSA.
    I'm sorry but that is patently absurd and once again blames an 11 year absence on leadership that's been there for a very short time, much of which had to be spent on adjusting major plans on the fly after Didio's surprising departure.

Plus, there was already a series in the works before the creative team had to back out. DC obviously wanted that series or it wouldn't have been in the works.

Plus, the JSA is already back, just not in their own series yet.

p.s. the idea that the JSA would have a significant impact on profit and loss is just silly. If there's a JSA series it will be because DC wants one, not because it will be a money grab. And DC obviously wants one or they wouldn't have arranged for one already.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I feel that she'll fit best on a new Birds of Prey book, with the classic cast plus Batwoman.
    As long as they don't find a way to shoehorn in Harley, I'd pick that up too!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm sorry but that is patently absurd and once again blames an 11 year absence on leadership that's been there for a very short time, much of which had to be spent on adjusting major plans on the fly after Didio's surprising departure.

Plus, there was already a series in the works before the creative team had to back out. DC obviously wanted that series or it wouldn't have been in the works.

Plus, the JSA is already back, just not in their own series yet.

p.s. the idea that the JSA would have a significant impact on profit and loss is just silly. If there's a JSA series it will be because DC wants one, not because it will be a money grab. And DC obviously wants one or they wouldn't have arranged for one already.
    Has there been anything that states DC WANTED a JSA series, or was it more along the lines of DC giving an okay to a JSA series when it gets suggested by others?

If DC truly WANTED a JSA series, wouldn't we have actually had at least a JSA mini-series or one-shot by now? Does DC really care one way or another about having a JSA series?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    In a new geoff johns interview yesterday, he says flashpoint beyond will lead to a new wave of titles: https://www.ign.com/articles/flashpo...source=twitter

Finally, Johns hints that the fallout of Flashpoint Beyond will lead to a new wave of DC titles, some of which will build on this revamped approach to time and time travel.

"There will be books and stories that spin out of this into the greater DC Universe, some of them featuring characters that haven't been at the forefront for quite a while that I'm excited to see," Johns teases. "But it'll do it in a very focused way on this side of history and time. And that's something I've always loved with DC Universe is the vast history of it going back to the '40s with the original to Justice Society and all the way to the future with the Legion of Super Heroes. But it is a storyline that is going to explore hopefully a different facet of the DCU that we haven't seen for a while."

No wonder DC has been promoting the book extra hard..
    ... I want to believe, but I get the feeling it's going to be a Planet Gotham in the 31st century book by Bendis or something.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I would not mind that at all .