Page 58 of 229 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

https://t.co/30EAbaGnSq

Damn yeah it looks like this was basically DOA. People really weren’t feeling what they were doing with Aquaman, wonder why? I guess my advice to the next Aqua creators is give Black Manta and Atlantan politics a rest and focus on something else. Every run since Johns has focused on those and I don’t think it’s connecting anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://t.co/30EAbaGnSq

Damn yeah it looks like this was basically DOA. People really weren’t feeling what they were doing with Aquaman, wonder why? I guess my advice to the next Aqua creators is give Black Manta and Atlantan politics a rest and focus on something else. Every run since Johns has focused on those and I don’t think it’s connecting anymore.
    Not Jeff Parker. He made it a pure adventure Superhero comic. And it was great .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Aquaman fan account on Twitter that seems to have an inside source on all Aquanews has said Aquamen is ending with issue 6. They deleted the tweet, I’m guessing because they implied it was due to DotJL and I don’t think that’s true.
    I actually thought it was a mini all along. It should've been.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oooofff. Aquamen placing so low is tragic, but what's even worse is The Marvels losing out to King Conan and Animal Castle. Yipes.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not Jeff Parker. He made it a pure adventure Superhero comic. And it was great .
    Was going to say this. I've mostly loved Aquaman's runs since Rebirth (and I hold a problematic torch for the Silver Age, warts and all) but I will hear no slander for Parker's run.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Maybe DC should look at what fans want and not what creators want? I mean, Aquaman being that low in sales is pathetic with how there is an upcoming sequel. Time to tone down some of the SJW literature and give fans the DC Comics that they want. Change is good, but not for the sake of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Maybe DC should look at what fans want and not what creators want? I mean, Aquaman being that low in sales is pathetic with how there is an upcoming sequel. Time to tone down some of the SJW literature and give fans the DC Comics that they want. Change is good, but not for the sake of change.
    I don't see how Aquaman is SJW literature unless you think featuring major black protagonists is "SJW."

Time to tone down some of the SJW literature and give fans the DC Comics that they wan.
    Implying that the people those "SJW literature" books are marketed to aren't actual fans of DC Comics.

A+ gatekeeping.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I don't see how Aquaman is SJW literature unless you think featuring major black protagonists is "SJW."
    Naw, these SJW/anti-"woke" folks aren't just miffed about major Black characters, they're even more troubled by major gay ones. And heaven forfend the possibility that a superhero would ever be concerned about the environment.

Ultimate Member

Time to tone down some of the SJW literature and give fans the DC Comics that they want. Change is good, but not for the sake of change.
    How is it SJW??? Can you show us in Aquaman, Aqualad & Black Mantat minis that those books were the SJW type? Since to claim that means one has READ said book for themselves and not bitter youtubers and agenda driven gatekeepers.

Because SJW just boils down to not liking see a book with a POC or LGBTQA as the leads or the creative team.

Aquaman being that low in sales is pathetic with how there is an upcoming sequel.
    What does the comic book have to do with the movie? NOTHING.

Because as we have seen with Black Panther, The Batman and others -movies increase TRADE sales. Because those are the books that the majority of the world can access faster than a comic book.

The current top selling trades on Amazon for Superheroes is Moon Knight. EVERY single run. Not one run is linked to that show.

The sequel for Aquaman comes out and the trade for Aquamen will get s sales boost. So Dc will get back their investment.

Maybe DC should look at what fans want and not what creators want?
    Which fans????

Not the ones who constantly bash and scream hatred for DC and have not touched a DC title since 1997.

Not the ones who will buy every single badly done book as long as their favorite is on there and the writer is NOT a POC.

Not the ones who are praying DC goes out of business.

So who?

That's usually what it means when they say that, the new Aquaman is no more "SJW' than his white counterpart other than his skin tone.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Time to tone down some of the SJW literature and give fans the DC Comics that they want.
    Ah, jesus, can't go anywhere on the internet now without running into these racist/homophobic whiners. Get in your goddamn time machine and go back to the 1950s and leave us normal people alone.
    Last edited by Yohei72; 04-10-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Ah, jesus, can't go anywhere on the internet now without running into these racist/homophobic whiners. Get in your goddman time machine and go back to the 1950s and leave us normal people alone.
    I prefer original creations to these sidekicks and hand me down mantles. That’s real diversity. Too bad DC doesn’t know how to make new creations stick anymore
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I prefer original creations to these sidekicks and hand me down mantles. That’s real diversity. Too bad DC doesn’t know how to make new creations stick anymore
    Which has nothing to do with what I said, which was in response to the "SJW" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Too bad DC doesn’t know how to make new creations stick anymore
    That's just as much to blame on the fans as well. Whenever the big two do try to create a new character, it rarely ever sells. Look at New Age of Heroes.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans