Page 129 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    And do we even know which big idea was his and what came from Didio or other editors?
    I could accept than the idea of rebooting (yet again) the Legion was more from DiDio than from Bendis himself. Waid revealed than he had no intentions on causing a reboot of the Legion but it was the editorial office who demanded it. And who was there? DiDio. However he share the blame because one, he could had rejected the idea (and I doubt DiDio would had say "No" to his new Ace) but he choose to keep the ball rolling (less investigation work, I suppose), and two, the guy sold himself as the guy who came with the idea of rebooting the Legion again and doing an "Ultimate" Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    And the decision of aging Jon might not be solely his, but it went into his resume. Also, he made the Flash say "caca poo poo".
    Maybe not the what, but the how? The guilt in on Bendis. The problem with Jon is not only the aging but the how. It always has been argue than the upbring of Superman has been pivotal to his moral development. What upbring have Jon? A five year trauma and torture by a guy who is identical to his father. Five years. On an important development moment. And the kid acts as if nothing ever has happened? If there had no consecuense to this problem this causes two problems: or you admit than Jon is ok because his kryptonian influence, that makes the importance of Superman upbringing with the Kents diminished; two, if you don't that openly then you are going to send Jon on the represion route and that never is a good path, because you are giving the excuse to create a psychotic Superman. You are giving an excuse to have a Superman with a deep trauma and considering how repeated has been the trope in the media, this path could be a sad rout for Jon to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He was far past his prime when he left Marvel and I think the hope was that a new universe to play in would revitalize him. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

I loved the voice he gave Superman. He was witty/funny but not a quipper, he was confident but not arrogant, and both strong and compassionate. Sadly, the actual stories weren't good. I hope we never hear about Rogol Zar and d-bag Jor El ever again. Though I do think that starting the United Planets in modern times was a good idea because the cosmic side of the DCU has been in the gutter for decades and needed something to shake things up. It can't all just be Green Lantern.

His Legion was crap and I hope the rumored LoS project can bring back the classic version.

Naomi was ok, but now that the show is cancelled I don't see the character going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think we got one great Batman story and a handful of pretty great Superman issues, even if they were swimming in a sea of mediocre ones.
    Bendis has some good ideas, some bad ideas and some horrible ideas. And in his time in DC it seemed like he choose to developt more the bad and horrible ideas than the good ones. His runs had been not boring but irrelevant and if he will be remembered will be by the twists and publicity stunts than for a good development of the characters. Indeed Naomi was among the good ideas, but she failed as a live action adaptation and that is a crime than modern media punishes highly.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With his quippy writing style, strength with street level characters, and love of Green Arrow I think it’s a huge missed opportunity to not have him on a GA book or mini series.
    More like a dodged bullet. Those were his strengths when he was at Marvel. But that was years before he arrived at DC. Based on what he actually did do at DC, there is no reason whatsoever to assume that a Bendis-penned Green Arrow would have been anywhere NEAR the level of his best work at Marvel.

So basically Batman Juvie ?

Scorn is of Wrath and Scorn?

I think Enigma was a Riddler sidekick from a past Batman anthology book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically Batman Juvie ?

Scorn is of Wrath and Scorn?

I think Enigma was a Riddler sidekick from a past Batman anthology book.
    I thought Enigma was supposedly Riddler's daughter pre-New52?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought Enigma was supposedly Riddler's daughter pre-New52?
    I only remember her (if she's the same character I'm thinking of) where she just seemed like a fangirling sidekick.

Most of these Batman books have such boring concepts. But I gotta be honest, this idea actually rocks. Now I'm hyped

I still don't understand what was cool or interesting about Naomi. What was the good idea behind her?

By my count there are 46 Black Label books either released or announced, and 20 of them are Bat-related.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    By my count there are 46 Black Label books either released or announced, and 20 of them are Bat-related.
    Seems accurate. Does it make any difference at this point though. DC will do what DC will do.

Extraordinary Member

DC’s Grifter Got Run Over by a Reindeer #1
    Written by DEREK FRIDOLFS, JOHN LAYMAN, MAX BEMIS, CAVAN SCOTT, MICHAEL CONRAD, SCOTT BRYAN WILSON, and more!
    Art by DUSTIN NGUYEN, FICO OSSIO, CHRISTOPHER MITTEN, SKYLAR PATRIDGE, and others
    Cover by CARLOS D’ANDA
    $9.99 US | 80 pages | Prestige | One-shot
    Release Date: 11/29/22

Ho-ho-ho my gosh, it’s time to deck the halls with holly…er,

Harley Quinn, Batman, and more of your favorite DC superstars!

Who made it to the Nice List? Hawkman? Black Canary? Is that Animal Man on the naughty list? And how did Grifter find himself in the targeting sights of those pesky reindeer! Get one for you and an extra for a loved one’s stocking (yule be glad you did!) in this holiday song celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Well, Almost had me until it had Batpeople in it...I get they want to sell so they use "popular" characters, but sometimes one just wants a solo story, plus it has "Santa" How much more of a supporting cast do you need?

Remember when we were supposed to get a WildCATS book? Weird how this is the next place Grifter showed up lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/