Page 209 of 229 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3423

(Sorry for the veer "Off Topic...", but that particular point gets incredibly old...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I am pretty sure Flashpoint Wonder Woman for example was real.
    The alternate reality created by The Flash where Bruce is dead and Batman is his dad and the Joker his mom? That reality has the "main" Wonder Woman?

And this is what i meant with dishonest, you are trying to use hyper-specific scenarios of a single other character to pretend like DC wouldn't have a trashy history with Wonder Woman.
    I'm not pretending to do anything and I never said DC has done no wrong to Wonder Woman in the past, I literally asked for an example of how she has been treated worse than Hal Jordan since that was the cards he was dealt with. Nothing I asked was dishonest. I don't understand people who love to play these little games of trying to twist the other person's words and use them against them in attempt to paint their argument as disingenuous. It's odd.

DC had not much time for that, because they were too occupied with multi-reeboting and messing up any resemblance of legacy for Wonder Woman.
    That's not a continuity issue, she rarely ever had legacy no matter the timeline. There were never 4 other Wonder Women running around next to her to try to prop up at her expense.

Well that part is definitively Flashpoint.
    Flashpoint is an alternate future that was undid in a few months. The Wonder Woman in that story is an alternate take, not the "real" Wonder Woman in the main continuity. The Hal Jordan they turned into a psychotic murderer wasn't an alternate future version, it was the "real" version who first appeared in Showcase 22 and had been in regular publication since.

Well DC had better ideas like rapist Amazons who outright hate men for example, or if we want to go truly classical Karate for example.
    Neither was Diana conceived that way, nor did the New-52 Amazons origin stuck around long after Azzarrello left. In what way is that comparable to the way DC wrote off Hal and brought in Kyle to replace him with?

Nowadays i would even somewhat agree because the 2017 movie knocked with a multiple years delay some sense into their heads, but in other decades they most certainly would have done that if anyone would have thought that will work.
    I find the notion of, say, 90s DC turning Wonder Woman into a villain and permanently replacing her with a new character to be just as laughable as I would find it today, with or without the 2017 movie. She is the only female character DC has to be considered a cultural icon, makes no logical sense business-wise to do anything even remotely similar to her no matter the management or circumstance. Now look what happened to Hal in the latest GL animated movie the second DC changed management.

Hal will become a Trinity member to more often than not prop up Superman or Batman and Wonder Woman gets an animated series, deal?
    Don't need him to become a Trinity member but if he was he'd keep getting chances after chances instead of being labeled box office poison after one single movie whose failure had nothing to do with who the MC was and animated series that got shitcanned because of it. I mean you don't actually think Wonder Woman would've been labeled as box office poison and WB would've started painting her as the butt of all the jokes if the movie failed, do you.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-05-2022 at 03:01 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    What do y'all think the 'over 20' new titles launching in 2023 as part of Dawn of DC will be?

Not counting titles that are part of other initiatives (i.e. any WildStorm, Milestone, New Golden Age or Black Label books):

1. Superman
    2. Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent
    3. Superboy: The Man of Tomorrow
    4. Steelworks
    5. Green Lantern: Hal Jordan
    6. Green Lantern: John Stewart
    7. Green Arrow
    8. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    9. The Penguin (It’s telling this is only a working title… expect a subtitle, maybe a surprise co-lead)
    10. Cyborg
    11. Shazam!
    12. Unstoppable Doom Patrol
    13. Hawk Title (Dawn of DC Announcement Graphic)

14. Kid Flash: The Speed of Fear (Travis Mercer Instagram teases)
    15. Titans (Speculation, ‘backdoor pilot’ in Nightwing, DC press release)

16. Suicide Squad / Peacemaker (Speculation, synergy)
    17. Aquaman (Speculation, synergy)
    18. Wonder Girl / Nubia / Additional Wonder Family Title (Speculation)
    19. Young Justice / Teen Titans (Speculation)
    20. Legion of Super Heroes (Speculation)

I'm hoping there will be a few more surprises along the way. And of course we'll get a new Justice League title at some point.
    What other titles do y'all think we might see as part of the Dawn of DC lineup? Any 'surprises' akin to Unstoppable Doom Patrol?

Well, it gets complicated setting the "Wildstorm..." corner off to the side.

Near as I can tell?

That current "WildC.A.T.S." title is in continuity, and they seem to be mentioning Seven Soldiers Of Victory in the title's solicits.

So, the title seems like it is absolutely taking place in the current DCU and there's that "Seven Soldiers Of Victory..." angle. Get the feeling that they go "In the DCU..."/"Pretty Well Self-Contained...", but it's hard telling.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In contrast I think Marvel is too synergy happy.

There's probably a good balance to be found.
    On one hand

Both eternals, Shang-chi, and guardians of the galaxy became massively awesome after the MCU synergy

On the other…the MCU has done jack **** for the Spider-Man comics outside of rendering Ben Reilly into a villain

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Near as I can tell?

That current "WildC.A.T.S." title is in continuity, and they seem to be mentioning Seven Soldiers Of Victory in the title's solicits.

So, the title seems like it is absolutely taking place in the current DCU and there's that "Seven Soldiers Of Victory..." angle. Get the feeling that they go "In the DCU..."/"Pretty Well Self-Contained...", but it's hard telling.
    Not to mention the recent heavy hints that Stormwatch is around somewhere in the former Watchtower satelite.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What other titles do y'all think we might see as part of the Dawn of DC lineup? Any 'surprises' akin to Unstoppable Doom Patrol?
    I'm gonna say a new Aquamen type book (basically just starring Jackson and Arthur) dealing with the fallout of Monkey Prince and Lazarus Planet. Because the essential part of those stories are basically "hey those man eating fish monsters that reside in the dark part of the oceans? Yeah they've figured out how to come to land via Lazarus Resin and selective half-breed spys who are hiding amongst the surface dwellers."

Feel like that would be a plot that Aquamen would tackle.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not to mention the recent heavy hints that Stormwatch is around somewhere in the former Watchtower satelite.
    Could be...

Don't know if those two possibilities get a title(WildC.A.T.S. could be done for by then...), but they are out there kicking around.

1. Aquaman - He’s got a movie coming in the second half of 2023, I fully expect an ongoing to launch around then
    2. Suicide Squad - They’ve got a video game coming in 2023, and Gunn has his various TSS spin-offs coming out too
    3. Titans - Probably will spin out of Nightwing
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    1. Aquaman - He’s got a movie coming in the second half of 2023, I fully expect an ongoing to launch around then
    2. Suicide Squad - They’ve got a video game coming in 2023, and Gunn has his various TSS spin-offs coming out too
    3. Titans - Probably will spin out of Nightwing
    Considering the Dawn of the DCU teaser, Aquaman and the Titans seems like they will be happening at some point.

I also think SS is one of those books that is, at this point, guaranteed to have a new series eventually.

In addition to the ones people have already said:

Shawn Martinbrough was teasing a Red Hood mini a few months, so that's probably a Dawn of DC title now.

I wonder if we will get a Legacy League book. A few months ago I would have said that was a given, but according to Newsarama (and the Nightwing #101 solicit) the Titans are the ones replacing the Justice League so I'm not sure. Maybe the Titans were the Legacy League all along and Johns was just trolling us in Flashpoint Beyond.

The Dawn of DC covers seem to be teasing a Teen Titans team (or some equivalent) with Flatline, Stitch and Red Canary. I'm guessing Damian will be there too. Maybe Monkey Prince and Sideways as well?

I think, or at least I hope, DC will try to give a female non-WW non-Gotham character a solo again. I think Supergirl, Zatanna, Raven or Starfire are characters who could conceivably get one.

LOSH is part of Johns' New Golden Age so I don't think it will be counted as a Dawn of DC book. Same thing with the Wildstorm books.

I think Jeremy Adams and Williamson said other people had dibs on Barry and Kyle. Maybe a Barry mini and a Green Lantern Corps book?
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 12-06-2022 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Near as I can tell?

Yeah, they’re definitely a part of the DCU now. They’ve been rebooted to fit what passes for DC’s current “continuity”.
    Interestingly, Authority characters like Apollo and Midnighter have alluded to events set in their original Earth as if they had taken place on Earth-0, but that hasn’t been mentioned since Morrison’s Superman & the Authority mini (probably for a good reason, because it makes no sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    In addition to the ones people have already said:

Shawn Martinbrough was teasing a Red Hood mini a few months, so that's probably a Dawn of DC title now.

I wonder if we will get a Legacy League book. A few months ago I would have said that was a given, but according to Newsarama (and the Nightwing #101 solicit) the Titans are the ones replacing the Justice League so I'm not sure. Maybe the Titans were the Legacy League all along and Johns was just trolling us in Flashpoint Beyond.

The Dawn of DC covers seem to be teasing a Teen Titans team (or some equivalent) with Flatline, Stitch and Red Canary. I'm guessing Damian will be there too. Maybe Monkey Prince and Sideways as well?

I think, or at least I hope, DC will try to give a female non-WW non-Gotham character a solo again. I think Supergirl, Zatanna, Raven or Starfire are characters who could conceivably get one.

LOSH is part of Johns' New Golden Age so I don't think it will be counted as a Dawn of DC book. Same thing with the Wildstorm books.

I think Jeremy Adams and Williamson said other people had dibs on Barry and Kyle. Maybe a Barry mini and a Green Lantern Corps book?
    I don’t think Newsarama has any inside information on the Titans/Legacy League thing, it felt like speculation. My worry is that they’ll fold the 5G legacies into the Titans like they did in DCOIE, which is the last thing the team needs. They need to move away from the perception that they’re only former sidekicks and legacies. Adding even more to an already bloated franchise would be awful.

I could see that Teen Titans book happening, even if I’m not sure I’d care for it. I’d rather get a real attempt at a Young Justice (let’s ignore Bendis and Fitzmartin’s “efforts”), but I admit it’s very unlikely.

As for a new female centric book, I think Zatanna, Vixen and Black Canary should all get their shots again. Especially Vixen. She should get a big push. Her last mini with the Global Guardians was fun, but it suffered from a terrible digital format and even worse marketing.

I think any new book coming out next year that’s part of the DCU will probably count as Dawn of DC. They’re supposedly rebuilding their line, so it makes sense to include all books. I really really hope we get a decent LOSH book. And that the Stormwatch line-up is revised to something more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’d rather get a real attempt at a Young Justice (let’s ignore Bendis and Fitzmartin’s “efforts”), but I admit it’s very unlikely.
    I'm no fan of Bendis; but he did do one thing right: he brought back Young Justice. If not for him, we'd still be languishing in the aftermath of Lobdell's Teen Titans.

But yeah. As things stand right now, I'm 99% sure that if a new YJ series were to be greenlit, Fitzmartin would be in charge of it. So paradoxically, I'm hoping we don't get a YJ series; not until the creative “talent” at DC has some turnover and we have more decent writers to choose from.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Yeah, if Bendis YJ hadn't happened, Cassie would've probably still had the Silent Armor in Trial of the Amazons and Dark Crisis. And that's best left forgotten. And Conner would likely be outright missing.

\
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 12-15-2022 at 05:37 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman