Page 202 of 229 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Blue Beetle: Jaime Reyes (current) but also Ted Kord and Dan Garrett

Scarlett Scarab: Evil Earth 3 verison of Jaime Reyes

Blood Beetle: Paco Testas infected with a scarab (New 52)

Black Beetle: alien from the Reach (Young Justice) or unknown (Pre New 52)

Green Beetle: Martian (Young Justice), Mordecai Cull (Rebirth), New character (Graduation Day)

Yellow Beetle: New Character (Graduation Day)

There’s also Gold Beetle and Red Beetle but they’re related to Ted more than Jaime since they rely on tech and not a scarab. There’s also Silver Scarab but he has no relation to Blue Beetle

And a new Green Beetle as well!! Can’t wait to read Graduation Day
    Interesting. Looks like this Green Beetle has little horns or antennae, so I’m guessing it’s not going to be a Martian like on Young Justice.

If they bring any part of the cartoon lore into the comics I really hope it’s Black Beetle. Such a cool and intimidating villain.

I don't suppose Green is Jaime's sister? Definitely looks like a sidekick type the way they're shown there with Jaime and Kori.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really could make their own Power Rangers team .
    Go go Beetle Rangers!! The Madmen are attacking the city!

They only need a kaiju sized enemy to fight. And their own giant robot.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Go go Beetle Rangers!! The Madmen are attacking the city!

They only need a kaiju sized enemy to fight. And their own giant robot.
    It kind of already happened. There was that other Saban show called Beetleborgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It kind of already happened. There was that other Saban show called Beetleborgs.
    Oh yeah, the "iconic" Big Bad Beetleborgs and their friend Ghost Jay Leno.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    If you are trying to be funny with the word iconic, it should be noted that show ended due to running out of stock footage not ratings.

Although those costumes were used again in Power Rangers Wildforce and even in the Super Sentai show (whose footage got used in Super Mega Force).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's been a long, long time since I heard anyone bring up Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you are trying to be funny with the word iconic, it should be noted that show ended due to running out of stock footage not ratings.

Although those costumes were used again in Power Rangers Wildforce and even in the Super Sentai show (whose footage got used in Super Mega Force).
    Big Bad Beetleborgs was underrated and so was Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

Not going to waste my time discussing Beetleborgs.

By the time this came up here we already had seeing a bunch of Tokusatsu coming straight out of Japan that was simply better.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

*shrug* I thought Beetleborgs was a pretty decent show for the time and demographic. I lost interest in it when it went Metallix, though. I also didn't like the actress change for the Jo character. It was probably more interesting to me than whatever Power Rangers was doing at the time of its release, though that turned around dramatically when Saban switched the Ranger team and followed that up with the Space and Lost Galaxy series. All this said I haven't seen much Beetleborgs in a LOOOOONG time, and I've never really felt the need to revisit it besides looking for a random synth-y BGM that plays during a party at the comic book shop. I never found the BGM, by the way, as I have no idea what episode it's from. It's probably not even as good as I remember.

I would say it ranks higher than Masked Rider and it's a tough call between that and VR Troopers. VR Troopers is cooler, I think, but the show is so pieced together and slipshod and it shows. So, I dunno'.

About Blue Beetle.
    I really like the designs for Green and Yellow Beetle, but I hope the whole thing doesn't rely too much on the trope of having similar characters but of different colors. Because redundancy. And it's an easy thing to do and fall into, like how Green Lantern did. Like to the point where it becomes TOO much about that, and you don't see other types of characters often enough.
    Last edited by Proto Man; 11-29-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Perhaps we should split that into it's own thread over in the TV/Film section?

There were indeed used in Wild Force, but it was in the all-US footage episode Forever Red, and they were used as remnants of Zeo's villains, the Machine Empire. They couldn't use the monsters from Gaoranger vs Super Sentai due to a warehouse fire which destroyed the suits, so both team ups (Reinforcements from The Future being the other, which had most of Time Force's cast return) used original monsters made from old costumes.

The only time a production involving Sentai has used the B-Fighter (the source material for BeetleBorgs) suits was a movie in which the Gokaigers changed into different Metal Heroes, which did include two of the B-Fighters. I recall the same movie also had them change into different forms of Kamen Rider OOO. Must've been part of the Movie Wars series which was a Sentai and Rider crossover. Super Megaforce didn't use that footage, though two Metal Heroes do have Rangers counterparts, as the Ninninger episode with Jiraiya and the Go-Busters one with Gavan were both adapted.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-29-2022 at 12:24 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

AIPT: I think it’s also interesting that this “journey” comes at the end or so of Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths, which is very much about the new age or era of heroes. Is this series at all a reaction to some of that?

GJ: We started talking with our editor, Andrew Marino, about The New Golden Age, I’d noted that Batman has a group of books and Superman has a group of books — and that’s all great. But back in the day, there was a group of books that was part of the bigger DC universe but also told stories all on their own.

And so the goal here was to create this new Golden Age, like there’s a sub-group of books, and JSA and Stargirl are just the first two. And there’s others that are coming, and the hope would be that these characters deserve their own little sub-universe. There’s a lot of different characters in here that can have series and mini-series, and so to curate and kind of figure out a new little corner, it felt like the right time, especially with the exposure the JSA has gotten between Stargirl and Black Adam. Hopefully more people will give the characters a chance.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/29/ju...ica-return-qa/

Hm looks like those other books are still in the works, even though Johns has other TV work coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

4 JSA's. Thats good.

All-New Member

What do y'all think the 'over 20' new titles launching in 2023 as part of Dawn of DC will be?

Not counting titles that are part of other initiatives (i.e. any WildStorm, Milestone, New Golden Age or Black Label books):

1. Superman
    2. Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent
    3. Superboy: The Man of Tomorrow
    4. Steelworks
    5. Green Lantern: Hal Jordan
    6. Green Lantern: John Stewart
    7. Green Arrow
    8. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    9. The Penguin (It’s telling this is only a working title… expect a subtitle, maybe a surprise co-lead)
    10. Cyborg
    11. Shazam!
    12. Unstoppable Doom Patrol
    13. Hawk Title (Dawn of DC Announcement Graphic)

14. Kid Flash: The Speed of Fear (Travis Mercer Instagram teases)
    15. Titans (Speculation, ‘backdoor pilot’ in Nightwing, DC press release)

16. Suicide Squad / Peacemaker (Speculation, synergy)
    17. Aquaman (Speculation, synergy)
    18. Wonder Girl / Nubia / Additional Wonder Family Title (Speculation)
    19. Young Justice / Teen Titans (Speculation)
    20. Legion of Super Heroes (Speculation)

I'm hoping there will be a few more surprises along the way. And of course we'll get a new Justice League title at some point.

I'm pretty sure that Legion of Superheroes stuff will be showing up under the New Golden Age initiative.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.