Page 92 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3423

From the Bleeding Cool post:
    . . . Well, obviously, I am not just going to rerun someone else's story without adding something new. Of course, Bleeding Cool doesn;t have the kind of relationship with DC Comics that Arrant and McMillan – and for that matter, ReedPOP have. So I will just have to grab one from the ether as usual – or maybe it could have been last weekend's Lake Comic Comic Art Festival? It's where we broke the news about Marvel and Conan, after all. So, yes, accompanying the release of a Batman Vs Robin mini-series, in September or October, DC Comics will be publishing a new Batman Incorporated series in either October or November 2022.

Batman Incorporated was created by Grant Morrison, Cameron Stewart and Frazer Irving for Batman and Robin #16 in 2010, but soon span off into its own series, by Morrison and Yanick Paquette, that saw the concept of Batman around the world franchised to lots of cities that needed it, each getting their own local Batman, with a support network from Wayne Enterprises. It created a number of new characters for membership as well as using some international characters from throughout Batman's historical past, whether part of current DC canon or not. Caught between the DC Universe rebooting with the New 52, certain characters had to be removed from the series, and was relaunched in 2012 with a new #1 by Morrison and Chris Burnham.

Recently, the concept returned in the Batman ongoing comic book, with Lex Luthor having taken over the operation. Seizing it back, Batman has now put the abrasive-but-rich Ghost-Maker in charge of the operation, with Clown Hunter at his side, and this is the series that will be published, including a new character to debut in the upcoming Batman Annual.

So, since the Batman Annual (due out May 31st) will be written by Ed Brisson, would he be likely to write a new Batman Incorporated series?

I know we always complain about more Batbooks, but Batman Inc. is one of the few remaining concepts that I do think deserves a series of its own.
    The original got scrapped way too fast, IMO.

No issues with a new Batman Inc. book. I liked that concept.

I'm fine with a new Batman Inc. book. Less so if it's a stealth Ghost-Maker book but I guess that would check out with recent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I think Batman vs Robin is replacing ongoing and after it ends Waid (or someone else) will just continue writing the book.
    Waid has experience of writing teenage heroes, so, it's not that surreal. Technically, he created Damian, well, sort of.
    Yeah, Impulse and Champions come to mind. Maybe he can redeem Damian's relationship with the Teen Titans?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Impulse and Champions come to mind. Maybe he can redeem Damian's relationship with the Teen Titans?
    Assuming those Titans are even around after Dark Crisis...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So I guess that means the Stargirl #1 promised last May isn't likely at this point?
    How's that? He evidently said he had DC work spinning out of Flashpoint Beyond. The JSA is a possibility but Stargirl would be too. I would think that those two are the most likely to comprise upcoming DC work from him. He's been attached to the return of the JSA since Rebirth and we know he was supposed to launch a new JSA title with Hitch before they went on to do something outside of DC instead. If he's doing something within DC now it makes sense it would be in this corner of the DCU.

And, while folks here want to blame Didio (right) and even his successors (wrong) for the long absence of the JSA, for the last several years that's been because the property's been tied up by Johns more than any other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    How's that? He evidently said he had DC work spinning out of Flashpoint Beyond. The JSA is a possibility but Stargirl would be too. I would think that those two are the most likely to comprise upcoming DC work from him . . .
    He was promoting Stargirl #1 last year, well before Flashpoint Beyond was announced.

If he was still working on / expecting to see Stargirl #1, I don't see why it would be "spinning out of" Flashpoint Beyond and one would think it would deserve a separate mention.

As I said,
    So I guess that means the Stargirl #1 promised last May isn't likely at this point?
    if it didn't rate a specific mention one year after it was originally teased in Stargirl Spring Break Special #1.

Extraordinary Member

He was promoting Stargirl #1 last year, well before Flashpoint Beyond was announced.

If he was still working on / expecting to see Stargirl #1, I don't see why it would be "spinning out of" Flashpoint Beyond and one would think it would deserve a separate mention.

As I said,if it didn't rate a specific mention one year after it was originally teased in Stargirl Spring Break Special #1.
    Eh, those plans could easily have been retroactively changed to spin out of Flashpoint Beyond - Johns did say there would be some JSA stuff in Flashpoint Beyond afterall and according to Bleeding Cool we will be getting a six issue Stargirl mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with a new Batman Inc. book. Less so if it's a stealth Ghost-Maker book but I guess that would check out with recent stuff.
    Of course it is.

There are a number of newer DC characters with names that sound like the creator just used one of those generic superhero name generators.

Ghost-Maker
    Angel-Breaker
    Clown-Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Eh, those plans could easily have been retroactively changed to spin out of Flashpoint Beyond - Johns did say there would be some JSA stuff in Flashpoint Beyond afterall and according to Bleeding Cool we will be getting a six issue Stargirl mini.
    From the Bleeding Cool article:
    . . . But after the DC bloodbath and the ejection of some of those who had a big problem with Johns, he has now returned incrementally. A Stargirl story and JSA story in Infinite Frontier promised much, but even Bryan Hitch said that an intended JSA spinoff wasn't happening anymore.

But that was then, Bleeding Cool understands that the Justice Society Of America will be appearing in future issues of Flashpoint Beyond written by Geoff Johns. And that Stargirl will be getting a six-issue limited series which will include the JSA. And the new JSA team will include Huntress, even though she exists in another current form in the DC Universe. Maybe Dark Crisis or Flashpoint Beyond will be able to sort that one out?

We presume Geoff Johns will be writing, and understand that the artistic creative team are still at the design stage. But it's happening, either at the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023. Honest this time. Cross fingers.
    I'm tired of waiting and living on hope / promises that never actually play out.
    I'll wait until I actually see something in the solicitations themselves, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hopefully he keeps those TT far away from Damian. He doesn't need them and DC doesn't need a TT book.

I've had enough of the TT. Lets push YJ for a while and Titans.

Damian doesn't need to be redeemed with the TT. They were all in it together. They made the mistake together hopefully they've learned from their errors. I mean they aren't the 1st heroes to mind wipe bad guys. The JL even mind wiped heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Hopefully he keeps those TT far away from Damian. He doesn't need them and DC doesn't need a TT book.

I've had enough of the TT. Lets push YJ for a while and Titans.

Damian doesn't need to be redeemed with the TT. They were all in it together. They made the mistake together hopefully they've learned from their errors. I mean they aren't the 1st heroes to mind wipe bad guys. The JL even mind wiped heroes.
    Well, Bendis kind of screwed up pushing Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Bendis kind of screwed up pushing Young Justice.
    What, if anything, did Bendis not screw up during his time at DC?