Page 146 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3423
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So she's from Batman/Catwoman then? That had scenes in the future, including Helena existing, right?
    Yeah, not sure how to feel. I didn't have a problem with Helena Wayne being Huntress, but what about the other Huntress(Helena Bertinelli?), does she even exist anymore?

So she's from Batman/Catwoman then? That had scenes in the future, including Helena existing, right?
    Johns is going to create his own Helena Wayne, bet on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Yeah, not sure how to feel. I didn't have a problem with Helena Wayne being Huntress, but what about the other Huntress(Helena Bertinelli?), does she even exist anymore?
    Sure she does, there’s already a bunch of characters running around with the same name, what’s one more? Wayne has history with the JSA and Bertinelli does not so I don’t see it as a problem.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

She could also be from an alternate past where Batman was a JSAer during WWII…
    After all, Johns will probably want to tie her appearance to Hypertime’s new confusing status.

But of course it would be much easier to just have her be from a classic Earth-2 like Power Girl. But that would be too simple for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Johns is going to create his own Helena Wayne, bet on that.
    I suspect he'll use the original — the one who debuted in 1977, was a member of the Justice Society, and was a friend of Power Girl (who is also from the pre-Crisis Earth 2). Except that this one didn't die in the Crisis.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    She could also be from an alternate past where Batman was a JSAer during WWII…
    After all, Johns will probably want to tie her appearance to Hypertime’s new confusing status.

But of course it would be much easier to just have her be from a classic Earth-2 like Power Girl. But that would be too simple for DC.
    She may still be from Earth 2. She was traveling back in time but the Crisis caused her to end up in the past of the wrong earth. That would explain why she’s so confused by how different everything is. Like when Marty ended up in an alternate 1985.

Astonishing Member

Still Earth 2 in the Multiverse shown in Doomsday Clock and other books. And who knows what Dark Crisis does. And if they just make them all the same Earth 2.

Another thing is hypertime line where she didn't die or the crisis never happened.

Or many other answers.

“The JSA is not what she remembers.” That's still consistent with her being from the original Earth 2: the November teaser said that a forgotten hero from the past (presumably Helena Wayne) arrives with a warning; but she's too late; and someone's messing with the JSA's past. For all we know, the JSA she encounters is the 90s throwback JSA from one of the variant covers. That, or the fact that a JSA roster built on legacy heroes like Rick Tyler Hourman, Beth Chapel Dr. Mid-Nite, Yolanda Montez Wildcat, and Courtney Whitmore Stargirl wouldn't be the JSA she remembers, even without time-twisting shenanigans.
    Rogue wears rouge.

He’s clearly being set up to wield more power over the line, rumors are that he’s the one writing the next DC event which will be magic focused and come out next year. We don’t know what’s coming out of Dark Crisis just yet. Sure seems like Waid and Johns are back in control of DC though.
    Thanks. I think I'll sample their books, see if there's anything there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Thanks. I think I'll sample their books, see if there's anything there for me.
    Definitely recommend Waid’s Worlds Finest, it’s exactly the kind of book you’d hope Waid would be able to pull off still.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Honestly I don't think we need two Huntresses, but I guess it depends how Johns handles it. I guess she'll probably be sequestered to the team like Power Girl is.

Helena was in Batman/Catwoman but she certainly not Huntress, she was Batwoman with a very different character design.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I don't think we need two Huntresses, but I guess it depends how Johns handles it. I guess she'll probably be sequestered to the team like Power Girl is.
    We have two Wildcats, three(?) Flashes, and eight(?) Green Lanterns; not to mention two Supermans and two Batmans. I think we can survive two Huntresses.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

Need 9 of everyone.

Definitely recommend Waid’s Worlds Finest, it’s exactly the kind of book you’d hope Waid would be able to pull off still.
    Waid’s Batman vs Robin #1 was great! There’s a big connection to World’s Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    We have two Wildcats, three(?) Flashes, and eight(?) Green Lanterns; not to mention two Supermans and two Batmans. I think we can survive two Huntresses.
    We can survive everything, but can Huntress "brand" survive it?