Page 9 of 229 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Wonder if they told Johns he could only do a Flashpoint sequel as long as it was Batman centered. You'd think they wouldn't try to dictate to him of all people what to do especially when it's an out of continuity story that he originally created, but who knows with DC.

Thomas is the only thing that really lasted from Flashpoint. If you are doing a sequel to it then who else you are going to focus on? Emperor Aquaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if they told Johns he could only do a Flashpoint sequel as long as it was Batman centered. You'd think they wouldn't try to dictate to him of all people what to do especially when it's an out of continuity story that he originally created, but who knows with DC.
    Johns has been on a Batman kick for a while so it was his choice I’m sure.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Chance to get those runs:

Cassandra and Stephanie Batgirls run: Took about 9 months since Infinte Frontier.
    Wally West Flash solo: 5 years since DC Rebirth.
    JSA run: Until the end of the world.
    Hey, I am serious for those people who are waiting on the line.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I suppose the idea is that it's proof that Johns isn't persona non grata at DC, which had been speculated. Although I'd be interested to know if the co-writers were his idea, or a condition from editorial. Doomsday Clock was ridiculous, but the delays on Shazam really stung - there was so much potential there....

That's what I was thinking in a nutshell. People speculated that DC gave Johns the boot which was why we didn't get a JSA series from him yet...
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thomas is the only thing that really lasted from Flashpoint. If you are doing a sequel to it then who else you are going to focus on? Emperor Aquaman?
    Yeah, I get people have Bat-Fatigue, but I'm not sure who else would've made sense as the focus character. It's not like Barry is going to get stuck there again (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I get people have Bat-Fatigue, but I'm not sure who else would've made sense as the focus character. It's not like Barry is going to get stuck there again (I hope).
    Yeah Thomas is really the only one that works unless you wanted to have some way that characters like Cyborg, Shazam, Grifter, or etc. all remembered the Flashpoint universe for some reason

Because Barry’s in a crisis, Thawne is gone post-Williamson, and Doctor Manhattan killed Pandora back at the start of Rebirth.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The actual answer is don't retread freaking Flashpoint.

Gonna be hilarious when Batpoint does gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Are you going out on a limb and suggesting a Batman themed event book is gonna sell well?

I think "Flash-Bat" would be a better term than "Batpoint", but YMMV.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Johns has been on a Batman kick for a while so it was his choice I’m sure.
    I know his bat books have sold well, but I still think Johns and Batman don't mesh well. Just like people say Bendis is better writing street level heroes instead of cosmic ones, I think it's the opposite for Johns.

There's already a Batpoint, it was on King's run, it was when he destroyed Booster Gold at the same time Jurgens was doing a good story with him on Action Comics
    Last edited by Batgrayson; 01-15-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Are you going out on a limb and suggesting a Batman themed event book is gonna sell well?
    I only make the hottest of hot takes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would not say it would sell like gangbusters but it's going to get over ordered to death.

So access to it will not be an issue for anybody. In other words DC will gets it money worth on it.

How about don't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The actual answer is don't retread freaking Flashpoint.
    You and me both...but I guess they need something to tie-in to the movie.