Page 105 of 229 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought the Batfamily already had an LGBT member.

Meant to say a gay male member, there’s plenty of lesbians and DC probably wanted to balance that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the Pride one-shot is going to quiet the TimxBernard vs TimSteph fandom fighting.
    Oh it won’t, not right away. But they’re going to drop off after a while if DC decides to make Bernard the default pairing for Tim going forward. Only chance of that not taking root is if Gotham Knights and Young Justice go with Steph, which is likely why DC decided to make Tim bi and not gay, so that the adaptions wouldn’t feel pressured to change their preferred pairing.

Jason and Artemis' relationship is pretty popular.
    Yeah but it was relatively new and Lobdell didn’t actually do much with it. They could’ve easily killed it and had Jason come out. But upon reflection, making the LGBT Robin be the one considered a “failure” that Batman frequently beats the **** out of would have been a bad call. Bruce pummeling Jason to a pulp the next time he starts killing people would've had Twitter lose their minds more than they already do.

I don't think Vordan was denying Bi people so much as just assuming how DC will be handling it with them trying to push Tim and Bernard's relationship so much despite how lacking in depth it is. There's an incentive to keep pushing Tim with Bernard to emphasize Tim as their queer Robin.
    Right, it’s not that bi people don’t exist, it’s that Tim’s new appeal is that he’s the Robin who kisses boys. He’s not real, he didn’t *really* discover he was repressing his sexuality, a writer wrote him as doing that and editorial signed off on it because Tim has lacked a direction for a while, and now he has one. Dick, Jason, and Damian are also Robins who kiss girls, so Tim is unlikely to be doing that going forward because his sexuality is his divergence from them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't like Tim and I haven't read much wirh him at all. I'm just asking what I'm allowed to not buy before I become a bigot.
    You're allowed to buy or not buy whatever you want. If you don't like Tim then don't buy it. If you're that concerned about what random people think of you then whatever reason you give isn't going to matter because there will always be someone somewhere that has issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right, it’s not that bi people don’t exist, it’s that Tim’s new appeal is that he’s the Robin who kisses boys. He’s not real, he didn’t *really* discover he was repressing his sexuality, a writer wrote him as doing that and editorial signed off on it because Tim has lacked a direction for a while, and now he has one. Dick, Jason, and Damian are also Robins who kiss girls, so Tim is unlikely to be doing that going forward because his sexuality is his divergence from them.
    There are countless things that separate him from the other Robins besides "he also likes guys." If they wanted to have him be exclusively with guys he would be gay. Major comic companies have had zero issues in the past making a previously straight character gay. Hell, Alan Scott has two kids. They didn't "ween him into being gay" by making him Bi. The Tim/Stephanie relationship isn't so ground-breakingly important that they needed to conduct this elaborate ploy to make him secretly gay to do it. The two have been separate almost as much as they have been together in the past.
    Last edited by Noodle; 06-19-2022 at 12:04 AM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    There are countless things that separate him from the other Robins besides "he also liked guys."
    Name them. His family is dead, his private life aside from Bernard doesn’t exist, everything people said made Tim great has been gone since the New 52. Even the recent YJ Dark Crisis tie in writing by Fitzmartin opens by saying Tim sucks, an acknowledgment of fan perception of him.
    If they wanted to have him be exclusively with guys he would be gay. Major comic companies have had zero issues in the past making a previously straight character gay. Hell, Alan Scott has two kids.
    Laughing my ass off at the notion that Alan Scott, the least popular GL who isn’t even a “proper” GL, is on the same level as Robin. Alan got made gay for similar reasons as Tim, there wasn’t an LGBT Lantern and DC wanted to fix that without adding another Lantern, but the discussion amongst the higher ups were waaaay different. Alan is never going to be the lead of a major film, and his status as the “elder Lantern” means that he won’t likely ever even be shown in a relationship on the big screen. They can have Alan in relationships in the past on HBO Max, but if he shows up in a JSA film or Black Adam 2 or whatever, he’ll be old and alone. That way WB gets their gay rep without having to depict him with a dude on screen, and their film won’t be banned in China or Russia so they can have their cake and eat it to.
    They didn't "ween him into being gay" by making him Bi. The Tim/Stephanie isn't so ground-breakingly important that they needed to conduct this elaborate ploy to make him secretly gay to do it. The two have been separate almost as much as they have been together in the past.
    You don’t understand at all what I’m saying. I’m not saying making him bi is a step towards making him gay. I’m saying that regardless of his bisexuality, I do not ever foresee Tim being in a relationship with a woman again. DC recognized that Tim has dropped off dramatically in popularity. Their solution was to pander to the tumblr/Twitter Tim fanbase who want him to be in a relationship with men, while also not completely pissing off the previous Tim fanbase or ruling out the option of media adaptions of Tim choosing to pair him with his traditional romance with Steph. But comics Tim is being reconfigured to appeal to that Twitter fanbase because DC didn’t think his previous fanbase was viable. The new Twitter fanbase is primarily here for Tim’s romance with Bernard/men. They aren’t going to stick around if he dates a woman, I’d bet money on that, and since the old Tim fanbase wasn’t enough for DC, I don’t think Tim will therefore ever date Steph or a woman again.

Barring another shift - and it’s DC so I can’t rule that out - that is what I see as the game plan for Tim. Jesus it’s Tim Drake, the worst Robin who has coasted off of nostalgia and now coasts off of his new sexuality. I don’t care what happens to him, I just hope Damian gets the Robin mantle back and Tim finds a new name to go with his new fanbase. Otherwise I couldn’t care less what happens to him. Enjoy Fitzmartin I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm ready for DC's SDCC announcements, I could see us finally getting news about the comics that will be spinning out of flashpoint beyond as well. And maybe a official announcement about DC's AC 1050 plans.

. . . Laughing my ass off at the notion that Alan Scott, the least popular GL who isn’t even a “proper” GL, is on the same level as Robin. Alan got made gay for similar reasons as Tim, there wasn’t an LGBT Lantern and DC wanted to fix that without adding another Lantern, but the discussion amongst the higher ups were waaaay different. . .
    Uh, not really.

For the New 52 Earth 2 series, part of the reason Alan was made gay was because his son Obsidian, who was gay, was no longer a part of continuity.

As for the current version of Alan being gay, it wasn't because "there wasn't an LGBT Lantern" since Alan is not part of the GLC. Besides, I thought Jo Mullein was an LGBT Lantern who was introduced prior to the decision to make main Earth continuity Alan gay?

Far Sector #1 was released November 2019. Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular, which had the story revealing Alan was gay, was released June 2020. So you're right, Jo was the first LGBT Green Lantern, not Alan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Technically Alan or a version of Alan was revealed as gay as far back as May or June 2012, I can't remember if he was in the first issue of Earth 2

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Technically Alan or a version of Alan was revealed as gay as far back as May or June 2012, I can't remember if he was in the first issue of Earth 2
    Do we really count that version of Alan? Because that was such a different character with his own power set and the Alan we have now is THE original Alan Scott.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    That Alan Scott / Green Lantern was the New 52 replacement version who wasn't the same as the Golden Age original version (though DC had made it sound like they were bringing back the JSA when they first discussed this series).
    That version of Alan Scott had not been around back in the 1940s and had no children.
    (And it was said that version of Alan Scott was revealed as gay because the original Alan Scott's son Obsidian, who had been revealed as gay, no longer existed, so making New 52's Alan gay was a nod to that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    There are countless things that separate him from the other Robins besides "he also likes guys." If they wanted to have him be exclusively with guys he would be gay. Major comic companies have had zero issues in the past making a previously straight character gay. Hell, Alan Scott has two kids. They didn't "ween him into being gay" by making him Bi. The Tim/Stephanie relationship isn't so ground-breakingly important that they needed to conduct this elaborate ploy to make him secretly gay to do it. The two have been separate almost as much as they have been together in the past.
    I wouldn't call it ground-breakingly important even if it's probably the most significant and recognized Batfamily relationship after BrucexSelina and DickxBabs, but it was seen as important enough that they didn't want to completely discredit it after all the page space they'd been given it, even if they didn't end it well.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I just want another Cyborg solo. The last one unfairly ended.

Has Hawkman gotten a solo recently?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I just want another Cyborg solo. The last one unfairly ended.

Has Hawkman gotten a solo recently?
    Vendetti wrote a good run relatively recently.

Ultimate Member

DC recognized that Tim has dropped off dramatically in popularity. Their solution was to pander to the tumblr/Twitter Tim fanbase who want him to be in a relationship with men, while also not completely pissing off the previous Tim fanbase or ruling out the option of media adaptions of Tim choosing to pair him with his traditional romance with Steph. But comics Tim is being reconfigured to appeal to that Twitter fanbase because DC didn’t think his previous fanbase was viable. The new Twitter fanbase is primarily here for Tim’s romance with Bernard/men. They aren’t going to stick around if he dates a woman, I’d bet money on that, and since the old Tim fanbase wasn’t enough for DC, I don’t think Tim will therefore ever date Steph or a woman again..
    Instead of blaming Twitter and Tumblr MAYBE just MAYBE blame needs to pointed at the real culprit....

Dc Comics-who BLEEPED up Tim's entire generation.
    There are over 200+ solo issues starring Tim Drake.
    Two not one team book starring Tim Drake that actually SOLD. Marvel would kill to have Champions SNIFF the long runs Young Justice and Teen Titans (Tim era) had.
    This boy nor Conner Kent nor Bart Allen nor Jaime Reyes, Static, Cassandra Cain, Steph, Steel, Wonder Girl, Meggan and all the rest drop off in popularity.
    DC screwed them ALL over.

DC is NOT thinking about Twitter or Tumblr.

If they WERE-Bernard would not be around.

We would have Conner and Tim. Jon Boy Kent does not matter. Conner can get a new name.
    That is who Twitter and Tumblr want.

Or better yet Tim and pick a black guy. Black Spider has a son. Make him a villain and we can get a Batman/Catwoman romance.

DC publisher and CCO Jim Lee will headline a showcase of upcoming DC books, with sneak peaks and creators. There will be a panel stacked with Batman-centric comics writers and artists, while superstar writers Tom Taylor and Tom King will have a conversation about their work, past, present and future. Also in the line-up is a panel on DC’s current event mini-series, Dark Crisis, among others.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...dc-1235171629/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Dc Connect 26 has some art from Batman Vs Robin 1, someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think that’s jakeem thunder in the preview pages https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...nect_FINAL.pdf