Page 12 of 229 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Presumably we'll get the Future State JL for a few months at least then.

Umm...so how the heck does this effect the Action Comics run, Williamson's Batman, Aquamen, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman if you are literally killing all but one of these characters?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope there won't be a long stretch without the League since they were absent during Death Metal for a bit. I'm all in favor of a new roster though I hope Black Canary & Green Arrow stick around but Black Adam, Hippolyta, and Naomi get the boot. Once the team reforms, I hope Black Lightning and Vixen are there full-time.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Umm...so how the heck does this effect the Action Comics run, Williamson's Batman, Aquamen, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman if you are literally killing all but one of these characters?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm assuming staggered timelines. If they were taking all the characters off the board they wouldn't have bothered including Arthur in Aquamen to begin with - just delay it to post-Justice League #75 and do a Jackson book.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

That has been done already and would be a little too predictable. I could see using some of these characters but not all of them(mostly because most of them are too young to be on the team just yet). I'd prefer interim line-up of:

Batwoman
    Steel
    Mera
    Donna Troy
    Green Lantern(Hal)
    Flash(Wally)
    Black Lightning
    Dr. Light
    Vixen
    Constantine
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Are they saying the characters themselves actually "die"?

Isn't it more likely the concept of the (Bendis) "Justice League" that "dies' / ends and the characters themselves are still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Isn't it more likely the concept of the (Bendis) "Justice League" that "dies' / ends and the characters themselves are still alive?
    The interview makes it sound like the heroes get wiped out harshly by whatever Crisis Williamson's doing, except for one lone survivor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't care about this at all, i'm just hoping this "event" doesn't bleed into other titles. Hopefully is contained only to the JL book.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

There is a cover with their caskets.
    But who cares, if DC had the balls to kill all their main characters they would have done it with their 5g plan.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-19-2022 at 09:50 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I forgot there's a game called "Kill The Justice League" coming out this year. Of course.

That HAS to be a fakeout.

The art is incorrect. If Clark's in space, he'd no longer be on the team - either it should be Jon (who is called in in the Legion team-up), or Superman shouldn't be there at all. Also John Stewart doesn't currently have his Green Lantern powers.

And you forgot about Naomi's solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That's impossible. Jess Quick is AU and hasn't yet been brought over to Earth-0, and Aquawoman is currently an Aquababy!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I forgot there's a game called "Kill The Justice League" coming out this year. Of course.
    Oh my god...WE killed the Justice League!

Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Jackson, Jo and Yara might take over for a while.
    With Batman it's interesting, because it's the main book, and it doesn't seem like they're going to let Jace headline it, otherwise Ridley would get the book instead of Williamson. Maybe Bruce is the one who survives.
    And I have no idea about Action Comics, I hope Warworld Saga wasn't cut short.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 01-19-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I guess it’s possible this takes place after the warworld saga to explain why Clark is there..

Incredible Member

I like it, in concept. The League has been kind of "blah" under Snyder and Bendis. Which is not a typical message board attack on either, I've enjoyed a lot of work from both of them. I just don't feel they ever really made the JL feel "big and important" to the readers. Just my opinion.

So, this can act as a palate cleanser, clearing the concept off for a few months. And then come back with a clean(-ish) slate in the late summer/fall. Hopefully, with a mix of traditional members and some new blood.

Astonishing Member

Let me guess - JL disappears, new generation takes over for a while, when during Crisis they get their asses kicked by Darkseid/Empty Hand/whoever is going to be antagonist of this ****, and original JL returns to save the day.