Page 18 of 229 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    The article on the DC Comics website confirms they are:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...ic-in-universe

That's not totally true. There was the Arrow 2.5 comic that filled in the gaps between Season 2 and 3 was written by Marc Guggenheim, who I think was show-runner at the time.

The Arrow: Dark Archer series was written by John Barrowman and he'd said at the time it was canon/he'd discussed the backstory with the show's producers.

And there was the Crisis on Infinite Earths tie in co-written by Guggenheim and confirmed to be canon at the time, focusing on characters whose actors' they hadn't been able to get back.
    Didn’t that Crisis tie-in, which was in the Walmart books right, had the green lantern corps in it if I recall.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Didn’t that Crisis tie-in, which was in the Walmart books right, had the green lantern corps in it if I recall.
    I think they were referenced...and maybe the movie version appeared on-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they were referenced...and maybe the movie version appeared on-panel.
    We saw Killowag, Sinestro, and the Guardians on Earth-12

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's neat that they're doing an Arrowverse comic with writers from the show. It might be fun .
    Yeah, I’m glad it’s show writers writing. Better chance the characterization is consistent with the show.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It doesn't sound good that PKJ was in the known and Thorne wasn't. We still don't know if he is staying past GL #12, right?
    Maybe PKJ actually talked directly with Williamson at some point but Thorne hadn't for whatever reason?
    Who knows if DC editorial had anything to do with who talked directly with who or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    From the DC Connect #21 synopsis . . .
    . . . It doesn’t look like there will be a JSA series launching in April . . .
    No big surprise there, unfortunately . . .

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

A new Stormwatch series replaces Justice League in June 2022 & Tom Brady signs with the Jets next year and takes them to to the Super Bowl !! Sorry if they were suppose to "serious" rumors lol
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Extraordinary Member

The Joker #14 is listed as the final issue in the new solicits but it will apparently return: The Joker is calling it quits on his ongoing comic, but will back for a second "season"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    A new Stormwatch series replaces Justice League in June 2022 & Tom Brady signs with the Jets next year and takes them to to the Super Bowl !! Sorry if they were suppose to "serious" rumors lol

Not even Tom Brady can help the Jets win a Super Bowl or a playoff game , LOL 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Out of all the alternate Earths to showcase, they picked the one I’m least interested in LOL.
    Plus it feels wrong to have the CWverse take the Earth Prime name.
    It was initially Earth-1 (Earth-38 for Clark and Kara, and an unknown Earth for Black Lightning), but following Crisis, the main Earths melded into Earth-Prime. So it's had the name for about two years, in canon.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The Joker #14 is listed as the final issue in the new solicits but it will apparently return: The Joker is calling it quits on his ongoing comic, but will back for a second "season"
    Expected, Tynion said he’d be wrapping up his time with Joker in April. Guessing we’ll get a relaunch with a new writer. If I was DC, I’d put Ram V on this, dude took over the JLD without missing a beat, might as well try that again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    It was initially Earth-1 (Earth-38 for Clark and Kara, and an unknown Earth for Black Lightning), but following Crisis, the main Earths melded into Earth-Prime. So it's had the name for about two years, in canon.
    Yeah, but not in comics canon. The Earth-1from the show was never supposed to be the same as the comics one. Now it seems in the Multiversity map in the comics, the CWverse are taking the Prime name that used to mean a completely different concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Expected, Tynion said he’d be wrapping up his time with Joker in April. Guessing we’ll get a relaunch with a new writer. If I was DC, I’d put Ram V on this, dude took over the JLD without missing a beat, might as well try that again.
    Matthew Rosenberg has been co-writing it (and I think he just did another Joker-focused series with the Puzzle Box comic) so I wonder if it'll be him.

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, but not in comics canon. The Earth-1from the show was never supposed to be the same as the comics one. Now it seems in the Multiversity map in the comics, the CWverse are taking the Prime name that used to mean a completely different concept.
    But the multiverse from the comics is different to the live action multiverse. Just like Earth-1 from Arrowverse wasn't the one from the graphic novels of the last decade, this Earth-Prime is a different one.

It is not a problem, since the Arrowverse was never a part from the Multiverse's map, unlike the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yeah, I’m down for this.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka