Page 161 of 229 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I could see them thinking Robins were interchangeable. Tim was Robin during the Batgirl DLC so I don't think Dick was Robin when she was Batgirl. Which is different than comic canon, and despite that they probably just figured it made sense to pair Batgirl and Robin, ignoring her history is with Dick not Tim.
    The weirdest part is that they gave her a Flying Grayson necklace. I remember during the trailers that people had pointed that out and thought she would be with Dick in the game.

Either they are impling that she was in a relationship with Dick (some of the tie-in comics referenced they relationship) before Tim and still uses the necklace or they started production with her being with Dick and scratched the idea for Tim but still kept the necklace.

I really like Arkham Knight, but it's the worst written game of the four Arkhams. It's not a coincidence that Paul Dini is not involved in this one and turned out to be the weakest of the Rocksteady trilogy.

Last edited by Drako; 09-30-2022 at 06:38 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Babs and Tim have one thing in common: they both get passed around the Batfamily. Tim has been paired with every Batgirl at this point.
    But did they go so far as pairing him with the original Bat-Girl?

They're married in one Elseworlds story
    Not just that but it was kind of implied she had feelings for him during the Gates of Gotham series. And maybe in the evil Cass phase?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Bette's always had a crush on Dick. Actually, how old is Bette supposed to be again? She always seemed like she was in the 18-20 range rather than late 20's.

In the Titans Tomorrow storyline, grown-up Tim had to deal with his ex, grown-up Bette Kane. So yes.

I suppose that one of the few silver linings of Fitzmartin's decision to present Tim as gay (well, technically as bisexual; but she apparently doesn't know the difference and is writing him as gay) is that we won't have to worry about any of that happening while she's at the helm.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Who approved Cass' design and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The weirdest part is that they gave her a Flying Grayson necklace. I remember during the trailers that people had pointed that out and thought she would be with Dick in the game.

Either they are impling that she was in a relationship with Dick (some of the tie-in comics referenced they relationship) before Tim and still uses the necklace or they started production with her being with Dick and scratched the idea for Tim but still kept the necklace.

I really like Arkham Knight, but it's the worst written game of the four Arkhams. It's not a coincidence that Paul Dini is not involved in this one and turned out to be the weakest of the Rocksteady trilogy.

After looking up the game timeline, Dick was only Robin for four months in the universe. So, his tenure was short and Babs probably didn't take up the moniker until Jason became Robin. It had to be a last-minute switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bette's always had a crush on Dick. Actually, how old is Bette supposed to be again? She always seemed like she was in the 18-20 range rather than late 20's.
    She was on the Teen Titans' original team (did that stick post-Crisis?) so within four years of them in terms of age to make her placement work. I could see her being closer to Gar in age than Dick but she was a teen when they were teens.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

She was on the Teen Titans' original team (did that stick post-Crisis?) so within four years of them in terms of age to make her placement work. I could see her being closer to Gar in age than Dick but she was a teen when they were teens.
    The weird thing is though is that she seemed to still be a teenager or at least a fairly young adult (like early 20's) when you look at her later appearances in stuff like that Beast Boy mini or Batwoman.

Which "original team"? Pre-CoIE, she wasn't involved with the Teen Titans until issue #50 in 1977 when they introduced "Teen Titans West".

Which "original team"? Pre-CoIE, she wasn't involved with the Teen Titans until issue #50 in 1977 when they introduced "Teen Titans West".
    The original team as in the Teen Titans that predates NTT. I know she wasn't on the main squad but she is affiliated with that era of Titans, even if most people forget her.

The weird thing is though is that she seemed to still be a teenager or at least a fairly young adult (like early 20's) when you look at her later appearances in stuff like that Beast Boy mini or Batwoman.
    She felt close in age to Gar when they tried to make Titans L.A, I didn't read the mini, so probably around whatever age he would've been at the time. And, Gar should've at least been over the age of 18 when Titans began.

I remember during Batwoman she was at an event with Kate so my guess is she was at least 21. I think they mention she transferred to Gotham University so she was college-aged, which probably puts her much younger in age to the OG Titans, even if she was an adult. But, post-Crisis she didn't join Titans West until the OGs became Titans, although her origins as Flamebird imply she was suiting up when Dick was Robin.

All that to say she should only be three years younger at the very least and possibly a year was added when she showed up in Batwoman. Pre-Crisis she was likely around their exact age.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

The original team as in the Teen Titans that predates NTT. I know she wasn't on the main squad but she is affiliated with that era of Titans, even if most people forget her.
    She didn't become connected until the final few issues of that run, and as it was, there was almost a four-year gap in between issue #43 and issue #44, which was when the title was revived for ten more issues.

Can’t watch it now because I’m busy but I guess Geoff Johns is in an interview right now and may be talking JSA

https://twitch.tv/TheComicsPals
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I want to think that Gar was 16 when NTT started. Likewise, in the issues above, wasn't Bette already a tennis star...not just a player but at star (I can't remember if she had already reached olympic level or if that was an Post COIE detail.)

She didn't become connected until the final few issues of that run, and as it was, there was almost a four-year gap in between issue #43 and issue #44, which was when the title was revived for ten more issues.
    It still counts as the original era of Teen Titans, all of that is considered Teen Titans volume 1. If you look on Wikipedia you'll find her categorized under "Original Team".

There may have been a gap but it still functions under the era established in the 1960s. There wasn't a drastic change to anything until 1980, which is intended to be defined as a new era and start, following the original Teen Titans run.

Amazing Member

I wish they gave at least a new Green Arrow, GL and Aquaman ongoing

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I wish they gave at least a new Green Arrow, GL and Aquaman ongoing
    I would say it's a very safe bet Green Lantern will have a book post Dark Crisis. 99/1 odds.
    Almost as safe a bet would be Aquaman, but with DC I wouldn't give more than a 60/40 odds.
    Green Arrow, it's always a 50/50 split with him...they might and they might not.

But I do wish they would as well.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Did they really have to color the Asian woman yellow? I don't even care that they made her a redhead. What the actual ****?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.