Page 135 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3423
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Can someone check on MajorHoy and make sure he's okay? I can't think of anyone on these boards who's been banging the drum more insistently for JSA and Stargirl to return than him.

I hope this news did not cause his head to explode.

Surprised by WildCATS and Stormwatch, definitely picking them up. Glad that Voodoo is back in the team (missing Warblade and Maul), and that variant cover of Stormwatch is great, so happy to see that Diva is remembered ^^.

And a question: Is the red haired girl in WildCATS Fairchild?
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 08-18-2022 at 11:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

To be honest, I didn't realize, that aside of Snyder cultists so many people hate Johns now. Some reactions on twitter are priceless.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    And a question: Is the red haired girl in WildCATS Fairchild?
    I Think it's her.

For Johns on JSA and Legion...Meh, wait and see.

Because it's little sad to see only Johns to write this titles. Like it was the only writer interesting to write this team. Also to have a new story who involved Continuity and elements of Watchmen, i began to find that a little ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it is a time story and Kendra is a legacy character amongst the JSA so not too weird if she shows up
    But it's out in November. And she was in the Justice League - wouldn't Kendra still be incapacitated due to Dark Crisis, which doesn't finish until December? It would make sense for Kendra to appear later on, but not in the one-shot or the first issue of the ongoing. It does make sense for her to come back to the JSA if she won't be on whatever new JL books launch after Dark Crisis, but it surely makes more sense for her to be added in the second arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s too old to write believable young adults/teens anymore.
    Well that doesn't bode well for Damian Wayne in Batman vs Robin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    To be honest, I didn't realize, that aside of Snyder cultists so many people hate Johns now. Some reactions on twitter are priceless.
    Hey, it's the hot thing these days: hating on Johns, and Tom King, are what the cool kids do. It's what the internet is for!

I'm surprised how anyone still takes into account what twitter has to say about anything.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-19-2022 at 04:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Most commercially successful writers are hated on social media these days its par for the course.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Hey, it's the hot thing these days: hating on Johns, and Tom King, are what the cool kids do. It's what the internet is for!
    Johns get well deserved criticism for the way he mishandled the Young Justice cast and started the long string of character assassination/derailment that plagues them to this day. King deserves his criticism for relying too much on character trauma.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Johns get well deserved criticism for the way he mishandled the Young Justice cast and started the long string of character assassination/derailment that plagues them to this day. King deserves his criticism for relying too much on character trauma.
    Well the Johns criticism is more about people alleging that he is racist - that's very different than the criticism King gets because people don't like his writing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    At this point, it's evolved (devolved?) past that legitimate constructive criticism to "This guys sucks! He can't write his way out of a paper bag! He's never written anything good, it's just a couple of dopes that hype him up! And I heard he once was rude to a guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Can someone check on MajorHoy and make sure he's okay? I can't think of anyone on these boards who's been banging the drum more insistently for JSA and Stargirl to return than him.

I hope this news did not cause his head to explode.
    More like a = yawn! = than an exploding head.

I should be excited about this news, but at this point I'm indifferent.
    It's Geoff Johns again, but we went through his post-Infinite Crisis fuster-cluck Justice Society of America and that was less than satisfying. He seems to be tying these things to books I had no interest in reading (Doomsday Clock and Flashback Beyond Caring), and we also have to wait and see if/when any delays in publishing issues may start.

I'm glad it's not Tom King writing these books, but which Geoff Johns will we get as the writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    I Think it's her.

For Johns on JSA and Legion...Meh, wait and see.

Because it's little sad to see only Johns to write this titles. Like it was the only writer interesting to write this team. Also to have a new story who involved Continuity and elements of Watchmen, i began to find that a little ridicule.
    Maybe this will lead to more writers being able to use the JSA and associated characters in their books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Well the Johns criticism is more about people alleging that he is racist - that's very different than the criticism King gets because people don't like his writing.
    I guess we'll have to see how he uses Beth, Yolanda, and presumably Jakeem this go-around.

I wonder if he'll bring back Michael Holt. It doesn't seem like we have a firm roster confirmed yet.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    More like a = yawn! = than an exploding head.

I should be excited about this news, but at this point I'm indifferent.
    It's Geoff Johns again, but we went through his post-Infinite Crisis fuster-cluck Justice Society of America and that was less than satisfying. He seems to be tying these things to books I had no interest in reading (Doomsday Clock and Flashback Beyond Caring), and we also have to wait and see if/when any delays in publishing issues may start.

I'm glad it's not Tom King writing these books, but which Geoff Johns will we get as the writer?
    I also hope we get a more energized Johns than we've gotten in recent years, and I agree that Tom King would have been a disaster.