Page 126 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3423
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I wish Rich cut down on the cryptic rambling.
    BC is one of the trashiest, most unprofessional pages to exist. They never met clickbait, a typo, or an embarrassing attempt at humor that they didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If John’s is writing it you can count on it being the Retroboot he did. Assuming of course he actually bothers to write it instead of just teasing a book that never appears.
    Or could be than Johns plots and other person writes, like in Flashpoint Beyond.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Wow, this sounds pretty terrible.

I'm not sure why there even is such thing as magic event. Are we also going to get science event at some point?

A magic Crisis would have me worried that Constantine would save the day while everybody else (especially Zatanna) is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Or could be than Johns plots and other person writes, like in Flashpoint Beyond.
    If that gets a JSA book out there I think most people would be satisfied with that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

A magic crisis could be a lot of fun!
    Wheel out all the obscure DC arcane characters and let the writer go nuts.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Great Darkness wants nothing. It just is. But it may be being manipulated.
    No way! What a thrilling new twist! There's a manipulator manipulating a primordial concept that can't be manipulated, which in turn is manipulating the manipulating manipulators.

The Justice League are at the centre of every Crisis, which is why they have been taken off the table.
    So they have been taken off the board to be in the centre of this Crisis, considering they are the centre of every Crisis.

Flashpoint Beyond will tell you the end of Dark Crisis, and of the return of the thought-dead Justice League. Just so you know.
    Brilliant storytelling.

Astonishing Member

My utter hatred of him notwithstanding, I can sort of almost respect Johns no longer giving a crap

Not really feeling the apparent retconning of the omniverse, the Hands, Perpetua and the Three brothers to being a charade by the Great Darkness

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    My utter hatred of him notwithstanding, I can sort of almost respect Johns no longer giving a crap

Not really feeling the apparent retconning of the omniverse, the Hands, Perpetua and the Three brothers to being a charade by the Great Darkness
    That's all DC knows how to do. "You just THOUGHT the Anti-Monitor was the baddest one of all? Well, he's not, and wait, even they aren't, suddenly there are some been there all along, but somehow was never mentioned before even bigger bad lurking for the new event!" Yep, ever bigger and badder baddies. That's pretty much it for them. No imagination at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That's all DC knows how to do. "You just THOUGHT the Anti-Monitor was the baddest one of all? Well, he's not, and wait, even they aren't, suddenly there are some been there all along, but somehow was never mentioned before even bigger bad lurking for the new event!" Yep, ever bigger and badder baddies. That's pretty much it for them. No imagination at all.
    Their probably counting down the days till corporate inevitably renege on the deal with Gaiman so as to make Lucifer or the Presence the bad guy

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow, this sounds pretty terrible.
    The story is pretty terrible so it fits.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    1. I’ll wait to hear about the Magic event. For all we know the story idea could be really cool or the creative team could be really good. I would read a Magic event done by Ram V and Mike Hawthorne after the Swamp Thing series.

Plus if we set up new Justice League Dark or Shadowpact series or any solo magic characters coming out of it could be fun just for that.

2. There’s already been two swamp things. Ram V’s run has shown that while Levi is the current living avatar that Alec Holland lives on in the Green.

3. War of Legions could be fun, everyone should have the chance to have the version of the team they like and if it validates all the teams I don’t see what the problem is with that….also let’s wait and see if Bendis is writing or not.

4. What do they mean by the true Black Adam?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We literally just did this with Tynion and Ram V’s JLD runs. This is what I’m talking about, DC is trapped repeating a handful of storylines with seemingly zero self awareness that they’re repeating themselves.

Well I guess there must be some magical books coming because right now all they have is Swamp Thing and that ends next issue. Maybe new Zatanna and Constantine books?

I’m guessing this is a Johns book and it looks like yet again he’s going to try to make all the Legions count. Will he actually follow that up with a Legion book?
    Yes please. At this stage I feel Geoff Johns could be the only person who can make another Legion book happen, but I'm not holding my breath given the many false starts with JSA, his pop-up imprint, etc. He's also pretty busy with his creator-owned stuff at Image so who knows. But I'm very keen on an ongoing Legion book written by Johns.

At this point Geoff Johns has no power to "make" anything happen at DC. And why would you even want him to, ever since he got ousted his work has been just as polarizing as King's work. This isn't the Geoff Johns from the late 2000s and he had plenty of critics then too.