Page 100 of 229 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3423

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, too confusing for new readers that will want to get into these comics and see multiple Origins for the justice league and Superman and being told it all technically happened.
    Nah, new readers don't care - this is for people like us who complain that nothing makes sense anymore or gripe that our favorite story form 17 years ago is no longer canon.

Finally got around to sinking my teeth into PKJ's appearance on Word Balloon - few highlights:

• The Warworld story wraps up in September
    • Next story will be set on Earth and focuses on the superfamily
    • He has plans to really focus on another Superman villain like he did with Mongul
    • Doesn't sound like Dark Crisis will be affecting the book that much
    • Doesn't think something like the recently announced One Bad Day one-shots where they're trying to do a Killing Joke for every Bat-villain fit's the Superman rogues gallery
    • His affection for Grant Morrison's work was pretty evident - touched on some of the plot threads Morrison left dangling in his Superman/Authority mini. Sounds like Morrison sketched out where they would've taken these ideas and gave PKJ their blessing to explore them but PKJ would prefer if Morrison came back and wrote those stories
    • Touched a bit on his upcoming Dark Crisis GL one-shot - Hal is his GL and he wasn't too familiar with John so he had to do research
    • Doesn't like it with John is portrayed solely as the former marine, likes the architect part of his backstory as well.
    • Big fan of what Thorne has been doing with GL, said he spent some time discussing John with him
    • Big fan of Jason Todd who will be appearing in the mini as a GL - his take on Jason is like a kid with a rough upbringing who is saved by a boxing gym
    • Would like to do more GL work but finding the time is the problem - has no plans to leave Action Comics until DC makes him
    • Has an unpublished Batgirl one-shot (possibly a short story?) that he did when he was part of DC's new talent workshop
    • Other characters he's interested in writing: Constantine, Spectre and Etrigan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spoilers for Selina's future in the Bat-Books.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...mics-spoilers/
    We'll see - Zdarsky is doing Catwoman backups in at least the initial part of his run so I assume he has plans for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nah, new readers don't care - this is for people like us who complain that nothing makes sense anymore or gripe that our favorite story form 17 years ago is no longer canon.

Finally got around to sinking my teeth into PKJ's appearance on Word Balloon - few highlights:

• He has plans to really focus on another Superman villain like he did with Mongul
    • Doesn't think something like the recently announced One Bad Day one-shots where they're trying to do a Killing Joke for every Bat-villain fit's the Superman rogues gallery
    • His affection for Grant Morrison's work was pretty evident - touched on some of the plot threads Morrison left dangling in his Superman/Authority mini. Sounds like Morrison sketched out where they would've taken these ideas and gave PKJ their blessing to explore them but PKJ would prefer if Morrison came back and wrote those stories
    • Touched a bit on his upcoming Dark Crisis GL one-shot - Hal is his GL and he wasn't too familiar with John so he had to do research
    • Doesn't like it with John is portrayed solely as the former marine, likes the architect part of his backstory as well.
    • Big fan of what Thorne has been doing with GL, said he spent some time discussing John with him
    • Big fan of Jason Todd who will be appearing in the mini as a GL - his take on Jason is like a kid with a rough upbringing who is saved by a boxing gym
    • Would like to do more GL work but finding the time is the problem - has no plans to leave Action Comics until DC makes him
    • Has an unpublished Batgirl one-shot (possibly a short story?) that he did when he was part of DC's new talent workshop
    That's what I like to hear. I hate when writes make John's personality and GL constructs all about his military service.

I'm curious to see what he does with Clark on Earth since it felt like they were deliberately taking him off the board so Jon could stand out...but I doubt he'll stay around long. And we'll probably get more 100% Superman Clark.

Is Dark Crisis effecting any book outside the main Dark Crisis stuff? I guess The Flash. This is just a really weirdly executed event, in my opinion.

Glad he gets John and wants to show off more sides of him .

Of course the chances of DC going for a big, creator-articulated, series of one-shots for anyone other than Batman is a longshot.

I guess that explains why Jason is in the John story since he seems so randomly put otherwise.

Sounds like he really wants to write a magic book.

Mighty Member

[*]Would like to do more GL work but finding the time is the problem - has no plans to leave Action Comics until DC makes him[/LIST]
    No, I wish he got to do so since GL desperate needs a new ongoing run there is no way there is no GL books after Post-Dark Crisis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    No, I wish he got to do so since GL desperate needs a new ongoing run there is no way there is no GL books after Post-Dark Crisis.
    It's pretty clear we'll be getting some sort of "John Stewart and the Emerald Knights" book - Thorne has pretty much confirmed it.

It's pretty clear we'll be getting some sort of "John Stewart and the Emerald Knights" book - Thorne has pretty much confirmed it.
    I think the only question is if we'll get an actual GL book because Geoffrey Thorne seems to be treating it as something completely separate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious to see what he does with Clark on Earth since it felt like they were deliberately taking him off the board so Jon could stand out...but I doubt he'll stay around long. And we'll probably get more 100% Superman Clark.

Is Dark Crisis effecting any book outside the main Dark Crisis stuff? I guess The Flash. This is just a really weirdly executed event, in my opinion.

Glad he gets John and wants to show off more sides of him .

Of course the chances of DC going for a big, creator-articulated, series of one-shots for anyone other than Batman is a longshot.

I guess that explains why Jason is in the John story since he seems so randomly put otherwise.

Sounds like he really wants to write a magic book.
    Yeah, hmm, would he have the time to write Action Comics, Green Lantern, and Justice League Dark?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Liam Sharp Interview: Welcome to Starhenge
    Troy: How did STARHENGE come about as a project?

Liam: I had a project at DC I had been pitching that failed to get greenlit, and suddenly – after six solid years of work – I had a window to do something for myself.
    Wonder what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, hmm, would he have the time to write Action Comics, Green Lantern, and Justice League Dark?
    Depends on what else he has going on in his life and how fast a writer he is . . .

Id like Human Target...I think he would be...Wait, I was reading Liam Neeson...Nevermind...Though Liam Neeson would make a perfect HUman Target.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We know I Am Batman #15, and Aquamen #6 are also tie in issues. And back in his AMA last week, Williamson said this:

There are a few tie-ins and crossovers that we haven't announced yet that might surprise people. It's just too early to say. But I think by the end of the summer we'll be able to talk about it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...riter/ibj6lx4/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So is this the new "Harley Quinn blew up an orphanage?"