Page 102 of 229 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Sorry for the rant, But seeing that we have no Green Lantern run, can't have two Flash ongoing runs and yet we can get Damian and Tim ongoing run show that DC only give privilege to Batfamily these days. Of course, Batman sells because that is all DC ever promotes nowadays. Maybe if DC tried to diversify their lineup, we would not be in the mess we are currently in. Marvel managed to do it and their sales have been booming ever since.

I am sorry, even since when I see the latest solicitations between DC and Marvel. I don't need to look twice because I already know which ones are more exciting.
    Maybe after they wrap up Dork Crisis DC will bring back a Green Lantern run and maybe a couple of other non-Bat-books.

Incredible Member

Everyone is assuming there are going to be two "Robin" titles, but I'm not convinced Damian's book is continuing after August. Williamson ignored every question in his AMA Reddit last week about who was following him on Damian's book, and one specific question about whether or not it was even continuing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Everyone is assuming there are going to be two "Robin" titles, but I'm not convinced Damian's book is continuing after August. Williamson ignored every question in his AMA Reddit last week about who was following him on Damian's book, and one specific question about whether or not it was even continuing.
    I was saying this on Reddit and people didn't seem to like to hear that. But unfortunately, I'm feeling the same way. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking Damian's book won't be in the solicits when they release. This part seemed to support my fear as well, from the Tim Drake: Robin press release.

And Damian fans needn’t worry; the youngest Wayne’s adventures as Robin will continue in Batman Vs. Robin, written by Mark Waid with art by Mahmud Asrar, on sale September 13.
    It makes it sound like Damian's story will be shifted into Waid's Batman vs. Robin book, rather than the Robin solo

Never thought I'd have mixed feelings about a Tim solo.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

They lost me at Riley Rossmo...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They lost me at Riley Rossmo...
    Kind of a horrific misread of what Tim’s new fanbase wants

They need an artist like Travis Moore for a new Tim book because Tim’s new fanbase is primarily here for the romance with Bernard.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kind of a horrific misread of what Tim’s new fanbase wants

They need an artist like Travis Moore for a new Tim book because Tim’s new fanbase is primarily here for the romance with Bernard.
    Probably competing with Jon and Jay for pure wholesome queer shipping .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably competing with Jon and Jay for pure wholesome queer shipping .
    God I would be so happy if they kicked Taylor off of Jon’s book and put him on a Tim Drake book. Would be a win-win for everyone, Taylor’s fanfic style of writing for Twitter is exactly what nuTim is all about.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never thought I'd have mixed feelings about a Tim solo.
    To all who feel this way, please tell me that y'all are mixed about or down on this series for some reason other than his queerness. Please tell me that that is not the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    DC always with the good decisions. Cancel one of the few titles that's selling well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    To all who feel this way, please tell me that y'all are mixed about or down on this series for some reason other than his queerness. Please tell me that that is not the reason.
    In my case, I actually like the idea of Tim being bi, but the creative team is very problematic.
    I'm not a fan of Fitzmartin, who so far wrote very OOC Batman, Nightwing and Steph in Tim's story, explored nothing really meaningful in his relationship with Bernard or even addresses why Tim likes him, decided that emotional moments such as him coming out to his family or breaking up with Steph will not be shown on panel, and skipped every emotional moment in his coming out story so far.
    To make it even more problematic for me to buy this book, I also really don't like Rossmo's art style.
    So overall, while I want to support Tim and queer representation, I'm very hesitant here.
    Last edited by Lal; 06-17-2022 at 03:20 AM.

Mighty Member

In terms of art Riley Rossmo's work is not everyone's cup of tea.

In terms of the writing, the majority of complaints I have seen don't think the writer Meghan Fitzmartin handled Tim's coming out and relationship with Steph well, which to some extent I agree with.

However, before she had Tim be revealed as bi, based on her work in Future State Robin: Eternal many of the same fans responded positively to Meghan Fitzmartin's work.

How nice of you to assume the worst in people.

The writer is not that good and the art sucks. I think these are good reasons.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.