Page 104 of 229 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So if TimSteph fans don't support this book because they don't like the direction then they are bigots?
    My friend and his ex-wife split because he was gay. He's finally happy and living his true life now but I don't support that because I liked it when he was with his wife.

Ultimate Member

So if TimSteph fans don't support this book because they don't like the direction then they are bigots?
    Honestly NO.

Because the ONLY right they have is to NOT buy the book. Anything that borders some of the various levels of toxic behavior is another story.

Tim is bisexual. That does open the door to him and Steph. A wait and see attitude would work better than forming witch hunts.

Or better yet calling DC to the carpet about what is the issue in finding (and in some cases ALLOWING) usage of already established LGBTQA+ folks instead of randomly picking folks-especially those on the grounds of that is the only way they can get usage.

If this is what it takes to get Tim usage and NOT the formerly long running solo, Teen Titans, Young Justice and all the merchandise he has put out-something bigger is wrong with the company.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    My friend and his ex-wife split because he was gay. He's finally happy and living his true life now but I don't support that because I liked it when he was with his wife.
    I hope your friend handled it better with his ex than Tim did with Steph...

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Your friend is a real human being with agency. Tim is a fictional character with no agency whatsoever. He’s not actually been secretly bi all this time and just discovered that, he was straight and DC changed his sexuality because Tim has fallen off in popularity, and they want to add a gay Batfamily member likely to balance out all the lesbians. Very odd comparison.
    Last edited by Vordan; 06-18-2022 at 01:52 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Your friend is a real human being with agency. Tim is a fictional character with no agency whatsoever. Very odd comparison.
    And also different circumstances. Tim is being pushed as Bi, meaning his feelings for Steph were genuine and all that drama they went through to be together and be happy was genuine...and then he suddenly breaks up with her, ghosts her, so he can basically try dating guys.

He couldn't even articulate well why he did it or what was wrong with his relationship with Steph, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And also different circumstances. Tim is being pushed as Bi, meaning his feelings for Steph were genuine and all that drama they went through to be together and be happy was genuine...and then he suddenly breaks up with her, ghosts her, so he can basically try dating guys.

He couldn't even articulate well why he did it or what was wrong with his relationship with Steph, if anything.
    Which again comes back to the corporate nature of this. For all intents and purposes Tim is going to be gay going forward. He will only date men or be in relationships with men, because Tim dating men is now his “hook”, his niche, what differentiates him from the rest of the Robins. But they knew there would be an even bigger backlash against that because some of Tim’s relationships with women are popular, and there’s already been some media that have shown Tim in romantic relationships with women (such as the Arkham games). His relationship with Steph has a fanbase that needs to be weaned away for a while before they fully give up and accept it’s not happening. So instead they made him bi to allow for Tim to be with Steph or other women in media adaptions, but in the actual comics? I don’t ever see him dating a woman again. That’s not what his new fanbase is here for and most of his old fanbase has evaporated at this point.

Which is fine with me, the Batfamily has a strong fanbase and now they get their LGBT member they’ve always wanted. As I keep saying I never cared about Tim so this isn’t a change I mind personally, but I am kind of surprised they didn’t choose Jason. There’s a character who doesn’t have a set female love interest except with Artemis of all people.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Which again comes back to the corporate nature of this. For all intents and purposes Tim is going to be gay going forward. He will only date men or be in relationships with men, because Tim dating men is now his “hook”, his niche, what differentiates him from the rest of the Robins. But they knew there would be an even bigger backlash against that because some of Tim’s relationships with women are popular, and there’s already been some media that have shown Tim in romantic relationships with women (such as the Arkham games). His relationship with Steph has a fanbase that needs to be weaned away for a while before they fully give up and accept it’s not happening. So instead they made him bi to allow for Tim to be with Steph or other women in media adaptions, but in the actual comics? I don’t ever see him dating a woman again. That’s not what his new fanbase is here for and most of his old fanbase has evaporated at this point.

Which is fine with me, the Batfamily has a strong fanbase and now they get their LGBT member they’ve always wanted. As I keep saying I never cared about Tim so this isn’t a change I mind personally, but I am kind of surprised they didn’t choose Jason. There’s a character who doesn’t have a set female love interest except with Artemis of all people.
    Jason already have a hook, he is the Robin who died and become a anti-hero/villain. The fact his story is so full of violence and villanous acts, maybe have influenced the choice a bit, better no to risk some future writer trying to justify his anger and violence as some kind o repressed sexuality.

Hell, Steph's already moving on. The latest Batgirls solicit mentions she has a new boyfriend. Looking at the cover, it's Kyle Mizoguchi, older brother of Maps. Bear in mind both Batgirls and Gotham Academy, the book Kyle and Maps are originally from, are co-written by Becky Cloonan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Honestly I‘lol read Tim’s book but I was kind of hoping they’d finally give Tim a new codename and make Maps Robin if Damian is moving on from the name

So you only enjoy Tim when he's with Steph? Must have sucked not reading any books with him in it from 2004-2016.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

He didn't need to have a problem with Steph or his relationship the problem was with himself.

He's a teenager who suddenly starting to question his sexuallity. Based on what's in UL, Tim didn't break up with Steph and immediately start dating boys he began having a personal identity crisis and was unwilling to talk to anyone about it because he was also having problems articulating what he was going through to himself so he ended his relationship to try and figure out what was going on.

I agree that the story was rushed this should have been a better developed in the comics.

However, too many people wanted Tim to handle this issue like an adult when a lot of adults in real life don't even handle these situations well.

Holy hell. Bi erasure much?

Also, Constantine is Bi but they still constantly push him with Zatana in everything. Based on the (limited) history of Bi characters in DC history there is little to no reason to believe we will never see Tim with a woman again.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

. . . Which is fine with me, the Batfamily has a strong fanbase and now they get their LGBT member they’ve always wanted...
    I thought the Batfamily already had an LGBT member.

I don't think the Pride one-shot is going to quiet the TimxBernard vs TimSteph fandom fighting.
    Jason and Artemis' relationship is pretty popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Honestly I‘lol read Tim’s book but I was kind of hoping they’d finally give Tim a new codename and make Maps Robin if Damian is moving on from the name
    Which is weird when the writer has actually pointed out in-comic how Tim hasn't or been unable to move on from the Robin name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So you only enjoy Tim when he's with Steph? Must have sucked not reading any books with him in it from 2004-2016.
    That includes the time Steph was dead? She was back at the tail end of his Robin run post-Infinite Crisis although I don't think they were officially together again after she came back.

Also some of those books were the New 52 Teen Titans comics so...probably for the best to skip them .
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    He didn't need to have a problem with Steph or his relationship the problem was with himself.

He's a teenager who suddenly starting to question his sexuallity. Based on what's in UL, Tim didn't break up with Steph and immediately start dating boys he began having a personal identity crisis and was unwilling to talk to anyone about it because he was also having problems articulating what he was going through to himself so he ended his relationship to try and figure out what was going on.

I agree that the story was rushed this should have been a better developed in the comics.

However, too many people wanted Tim to handle this issue like an adult when a lot of adults in real life don't even handle these situations well.
    I get the problem was him, he was totally the jerk in this situation towards Steph and he didn't handle it well at all. Of course Tim having to find himself has almost been as constant recently as writers not knowing what to do with him, now it's his sexuality.

I know he didn't immediately start dating boys but that's kind of how it feels like when looking at how they handled it. In terms of execution it's just not satisfying in a narrative sense unless you feel invested in Tim's identity as a queer character. Especially with so little build up.

Of all the Robins Tim tended to be pretty mature for his age...granted his age has probably been the most inconsistent thing about him.
    Holy hell. Bi erasure much?

Also, Constantine is Bi but they still constantly push him with Zatana in everything. Based on the (limited) history of Bi characters in DC history there is little to no reason to believe we will never see Tim with a woman again.
    I don't think Vordan was denying Bi people so much as just assuming how DC will be handling it with them trying to push Tim and Bernard's relationship so much despite how lacking in depth it is. There's an incentive to keep pushing Tim with Bernard to emphasize Tim as their queer Robin.

I don't like Tim and I haven't read much wirh him at all. I'm just asking what I'm allowed to not buy before I become a bigot.