Page 106 of 229 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Dc Connect 26 has some art from Batman Vs Robin 1, someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think that’s jakeem thunder in the preview pages https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...nect_FINAL.pdf
    Pre-requisite "Are the JSA ever going to get something major to do?"

I wonder if this is going to recall how Jakeem was like a last-minute appearance with Damians' Titans.

That's definitely Jakeem and Thunderbolt.

True, Jakeem did appear in an arc of Damian's TT, then after Damian abandoned the team, Jakeem joined the Academy as a new teammate for the remaining four members of the team - technically, he replaced Djinn (who left the Titans at the end of the arc Jakeem was in), with Bunker replacing Damian. The TTA book seemed to drop him after one appearance though, I wonder if delayed JSA plans are to blame for that.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-28-2022 at 11:22 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Jurassic League #5 Hispanic Heritage Variant

Extraordinary Member

Move over Jessica butt, here's Darkseid butt .

That Shazam art reminds me of a cartoon I watched or some other kind of comic...

More Batman from Tom King coming

Think we can say he’s worse than Snyder in being able to actually be “done” with Batman? Surprising DC hasn’t pushed him to do something with the other major Leaguers.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Think we can say he’s worse than Snyder in being able to actually be “done” with Batman? Surprising DC hasn’t pushed him to do something with the other major Leaguers.
    Do we want him too, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And are people buying more King-Batman?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Batman: Killing Time #3 was the 20th best selling comic in both units and dollars in May according to the ICv2 data - usual caveats about the data being incomplete post-Diamond monopoly.
    Last edited by Hypo; 06-30-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Obviously they are or DC wouldn’t keep giving him more Batman to do. He was in the hot seat for a bit after his Batman run, if he hadn’t been able to keep putting out books that sold well DC likely would have shown him the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman: Killing Time #3 was the 20th best selling comic in both units and dollars in May according to the ICv2 data - usual caveats about the data being incomplete post-Diamond monopoly.
    For all the complaints about King his books are consistently one of DC’s top sellers, even when he mostly sticks to C-Lister characters. He has an audience that enjoys the “Tom King experience” and buys his stuff.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a time I did, particularly after the Darkseid War GL Special. But he kind of lost a lot of trust since then.

. . . He has an audience that enjoys the “Tom King experience” and buys his stuff.
    They probably also partake of other mind-altering substances as well . . .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've had enough Tom King, thank you. He can go off and write his own little King-verse Batworld and leave everything else alone.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Heh, Snyder definitely tried to hold on to Batman for a while with all star. It's a title that will constantly bring in cash so I don't blame creators, I doubt Tom is doing it soley because he likes the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So you only enjoy Tim when he's with Steph? Must have sucked not reading any books with him in it from 2004-2016.
    I’ll look at it this way:

I have read Superman from 1986-2011, then picked it back up from 2016-2020. I lived through the courtship of Lois and Clark. Saw them engaged. Then broken up. Then married. And I enjoyed that. I invested in that. It kept me coming back week after week, year after year. Then, the New 52 happen. The relationship that was a huge subplot was gone. I tried it, but I missed that glue that held it together, and, sadly, I stopped buying. It hurt, but my Superman was gone….until Rebirth. It was there, I fell in love with the family dynamic with a kid named Jon. It was fun again….until they aged him up and took that away too.

Having said that, there are Tim fans who grew to love the kid since the early 90s. They probably also invested in Tim/Steph. They were a great couple. DC then fundamentally changed the character not unlike how they changed Superman in the New52. Those fans may try this new Tim, but may find it lacking as that it really ISNT the same character.

In that, I understand that it might not be bigoted to not like the new Bi Tim, not because readers hate all LBGTQ people, but because they grew to love all that came before the change.