Page 110 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3423
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So much for Williamson insisting that Dark Crisis won't be about that. smh
    Phillip Kennedy Johnson is also hinting that DC are holding out on commissioning more stories from him after the post-warworld arc in Action Comics, so there may be a Superman relaunch on the horizon with a new creative team

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Phillip Kennedy Johnson is also hinting that DC are holding out on commissioning more stories from him after the post-warworld arc in Action Comics, so there may be a Superman relaunch on the horizon with a new creative team
    Or two. I can see Superman relaunching and not just Action Comics. Son of Kal-El can continue as a tertiary book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Referring to this? He’s saying he doesn’t have anything planned to be as long as the Warworld Saga but no indication that he’s stepping off the book. Just that the arcs going forward will be shorter in length.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Referring to this? He’s saying he doesn’t have anything planned to be as long as the Warworld Saga but no indication that he’s stepping off the book. Just that the arcs going forward will be shorter in length.
    Not clear either way but the "But if they keep letting me write more Superman" bit could imply that they haven't greenlit anything post-the return to Earth arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Not clear either way but the "But if they keep letting me write more Superman" bit could imply that they haven't greenlit anything post-the return to Earth arc.
    Hm I can see that. He did tell someone he was inspired by something they said and he’d circle back in a year and tell them what they inspired however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This week's Flashpoint Beyond alludes to...

spoilers:
    ...Another reality rewrite after Dark Crisis
    end of spoilers

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...nd-3-spoilers/
    So much for Williamson insisting that Dark Crisis won't be about that. smh
    Y'know, it could be that there is a "reality re-write" in the middle of Dark Crisis but it could just be temporary and gets undone / reversed by the end of the series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'know, it could be that there is a "reality re-write" in the middle of Dark Crisis but it could just be temporary and gets undone / reversed by the end of the series.
    I expect two reality rewrites, one during Dark Crisis and the other after Dark Crisis

"This is a Mary Marvel costume, but it’s also a Captain Marvel costume." - does that mean the Shazam family can be known as the Marvel family again?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "This is a Mary Marvel costume, but it’s also a Captain Marvel costume." - does that mean the Shazam family can be known as the Marvel family again?
    No, its means than Mary Marvel is propierty of Disney and is going to appear in the MCU.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Sounds pretty good! I like them taking some inspiration from Fawcett and Jeff Parker and it doesn't sound like they're trying to reinvent Mary's character that much (Cough)Young Justice(Cough).

I don't really care for Mary still being the oldest kid, especially in relation to Billy, but we don't get a lot of college Superhero protagonists any more.

I'm also glad they're big impetus for redesigning Mary wasn't "let's put her in pants."

I was a bit surprised that Parker was mentioned multiple times, I think he did only two Convergence issues? Johns wasn't mentioned at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds pretty good! I like them taking some inspiration from Fawcett and Jeff Parker and it doesn't sound like they're trying to reinvent Mary's character that much (Cough)Young Justice(Cough).

I don't really care for Mary still being the oldest kid, especially in relation to Billy, but we don't get a lot of college Superhero protagonists any more.

I'm also glad they're big impetus for redesigning Mary wasn't "let's put her in pants."
    Speaking of College, DO SOMETHING WITH FIRESTORM!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was a bit surprised that Parker was mentioned multiple times, I think he did only two Convergence issues? Johns wasn't mentioned at all.
    Well he did work on those issues with Shaner so it makes sense.