Page 125 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3423

But then again, May 2021's Stargirl Spring Break Special ended with

and look where that led . . .

It kind of looks a one-shot to tie up loose ends and fix the huge amount of continuity inconsistencies that Dark Crisis created when it comes to the GL corner.
    I hope this doesn’t mean that John’s new book is no longer happening.

I’m expecting the one shot to lead into a series, which I think will launch as part of a line wide relaunch after Dark Crisis. Hopefully they’ll also launch a new GL book alongside this. DC’s line right now is probably the worst it’s ever been in terms of non Trinity rep, and they must start trying to push the other Leaguers again. Get someone on Aquaman and GL at least and launch all of these new books out of Dark Crisis. These piecemeal efforts haven’t worked out, you need a big relaunch to grab attention.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Surprised it's a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprised it's a one-shot.
    Probably because Dark Crisis doesn’t end until December so the one-shot in November will set up whatever may come in January or February.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But then again, May 2021's Stargirl Spring Break Special ended with

and look where that led . . .
    Johns has a habit of creating and abandoning plot points, but I’m guessing the search idea mutated into the fact that somethings chasing Manhattan Jr

We know that JSA had something planned (also teased in that issue) which has been cancelled due to the artist taking on another job.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We know that JSA had something planned (also teased in that issue) which has been cancelled due to the artist taking on another job.
    It sounded like it was more than just an "artist taking another job" situation since they didn't just find a replacement artist.

There is something wrong with magic. But that may have to wait for the next event. A magical crisis?
    We literally just did this with Tynion and Ram V’s JLD runs. This is what I’m talking about, DC is trapped repeating a handful of storylines with seemingly zero self awareness that they’re repeating themselves.

Well I guess there must be some magical books coming because right now all they have is Swamp Thing and that ends next issue. Maybe new Zatanna and Constantine books?
    The War Of The Legions is coming. Will The Legion Of Four Worlds be involved?
    When Alexander Luthor manipulated the Multiverse during the Infinite Crisis, the Post-Zero Hour future appeared as alternate Earth-247. And now it's back. Talking of whom…
    I’m guessing this is a Johns book and it looks like yet again he’s going to try to make all the Legions count. Will he actually follow that up with a Legion book?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I wish Rich cut down on the cryptic rambling.

The War Of The Legions is coming. Will The Legion Of Four Worlds be involved?
    When Alexander Luthor manipulated the Multiverse during the Infinite Crisis, the Post-Zero Hour future appeared as alternate Earth-247. And now it's back. Talking of whom…
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m guessing this is a Johns book and it looks like yet again he’s going to try to make all the Legions count. Will he actually follow that up with a Legion book?
    I will be happy with that. And I highly doubt it will be Bendis' version of the Legion. Could be maybe even an amalgam team of the Legions? (But without any members from the Bendisverse)
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Could be multiple Legions. Pre-Crisis, post-Zero Hour, New 52, and Bendis's Rebirth version?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I will be happy with that. And I highly doubt it will be Bendis' version of the Legion. Could be maybe even an amalgam team of the Legions? (But without any members from the Bendisverse)
    I’m hoping that bendis’ legion will be in there somewhere, along with the other legionaires from the 80s and 90s; then maybe we can vote on whom we’d like to see in a rebooted legion. Dark crisis is so bleak, I’d kind of like to skip to the end and find out which heroes retired, and who might pick up their mantles. And I hope whichever justice league we get out of this has Frankenstein on this team, because he sure isn’t doing anything on this one.
    Last edited by protege; 08-13-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If John’s is writing it you can count on it being the Retroboot he did. Assuming of course he actually bothers to write it instead of just teasing a book that never appears.