Page 127 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    1. I’ll wait to hear about the Magic event. For all we know the story idea could be really cool or the creative team could be really good. I would read a Magic event done by Ram V and Mike Hawthorne after the Swamp Thing series.

Plus if we set up new Justice League Dark or Shadowpact series or any solo magic characters coming out of it could be fun just for that.

2. There’s already been two swamp things. Ram V’s run has shown that while Levi is the current living avatar that Alec Holland lives on in the Green.

3. War of Legions could be fun, everyone should have the chance to have the version of the team they like and if it validates all the teams I don’t see what the problem is with that….also let’s wait and see if Bendis is writing or not.

4. What do they mean by the true Black Adam?
    There's currently two Black Adams. One was on Bendis's Justice League, and the other is from the far future, from Future State, and was de-aged to a teenager in Shazam's last book before the current Mary one. That teen Black Adam, nicknamed Teddy, joined Teen Titans Academy in the final issue. The True Black Adam is clearly the one who was recently on the League.

I can see either Zatanna or Doctor Fate getting a solo book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can't say that any of these bleeding cool rumors sound enticing.

Normally I ignore and skip big Crisis Event type books. I *am* reading Dark Crisis because it's got Nightwing in such a prominent role, but this is the kind of stuff I kind of hate reading these days. Only way a Magic Crisis would get my money is if it sorts out and codifies the rules of magic in the DCU and features someone other than Constantine being the big hero. But I'd probably skip it and wait for the inevitable spin-off solo/team books.....

Not interested in any version of the Legion. I like them as a concept, especially when regarding Superman's origin, but there's damn few Legion stories I've truly enjoyed, they're just not futuristic/sci-fi enough for me. Johns' name being attached also does nothing for me. If the guy can replicate his old magic, the kind of writing that saved Hawkman, the JSA, and Green Lantern, then that might be alright....but it's been a long time since that version of Johns showed up.

And all the "the big bad isn't the real big bad! There's a bigger, badder big bad behind the scenes!" is a can DC has been kicking down the road since what, 1985? Not hyped about this concept either. Especially since, even if it does turn out to be good, DC will just undo it for the next big Event anyway and reveal that, once again like always, what we thought we knew was wrong.

And that's assuming there's any truth to any of this. I take BC with a big grain of salt. Sometimes they're right, I'll give them that, but rumors are cheap and BC isn't what I consider a reliable source.

I'll just stick to my quality solo titles like Action and Nightwing, I think. And wait to see what comes out of Dark Crisis; I still expect at least two or three team titles to return after that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    At this point Geoff Johns has no power to "make" anything happen at DC. And why would you even want him to, ever since he got ousted his work has been just as polarizing as King's work. This isn't the Geoff Johns from the late 2000s and he had plenty of critics then too.
    I enjoy his writing on his current titles at Image and the Flashpoint Beyond mini he's co-writing. I couldn't care less if he has critics, and doesn't everyone? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not interested in any version of the Legion. I like them as a concept, especially when regarding Superman's origin, but there's damn few Legion stories I've truly enjoyed, they're just not futuristic/sci-fi enough for me. Johns' name being attached also does nothing for me. If the guy can replicate his old magic, the kind of writing that saved Hawkman, the JSA, and Green Lantern, then that might be alright....but it's been a long time since that version of Johns showed up.
    Doesn't help that he already tried to fix Legion during his Superman run and Final Crisis tie-in. If it didn't work out then... why should it be any different now?

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUFUj005ac
    It seems like Batman vs Robin is set-up for this ''Magic Crisis''. I guess Waid is writing it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Doesn't help that he already tried to fix Legion during his Superman run and Final Crisis tie-in. If it didn't work out then... why should it be any different now?
    It didn’t work because Johns didn’t follow through with a Legion book last time he “fixed” them. If he had then they would have been fine since that was peak Johns. I don’t know if he could pull it off as he is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUFUj005ac
    It seems like Batman vs Robin is set-up for this ''Magic Crisis''. I guess Waid is writing it as well.
    If true, Waid writing it isn’t surprising given he’s one of the few “big” writers DC has and he hasn’t written an event. Surprising that a continuity junkie like him would go for a plot so derivative and recently done by other writers however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It didn’t work because Johns didn’t follow through with a Legion book last time he “fixed” them. If he had then they would have been fine since that was peak Johns. I don’t know if he could pull it off as he is now.

If true, Waid writing it isn’t surprising given he’s one of the few “big” writers DC has and he hasn’t written an event. Surprising that a continuity junkie like him would go for a plot so derivative and recently done by other writers however.
    Didn’t waid right Underworld Unleashed in the 90’s?

But yeah I like Waid, so I’d read a magic event from him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Need new JSA book, new Titans book about the Adult Titans. And new Legion. About it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My dream is that one day people will realise that Waid is a mediocre writer.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    3. War of Legions could be fun, everyone should have the chance to have the version of the team they like and if it validates all the teams I don’t see what the problem is with that….also let’s wait and see if Bendis is writing or not.
    Why the hell would we want to Bendis to write a Legion book with all the Legions? With only one Legion Bendis didn't knew how to make use of them or give them a differenciated voice. Also, as the landscape looks, it is pretty possible than Bendis is no longer in the writting staff of DC. Or at least that is what I want to believe.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I've never been very impressed either. He's fine. That's all

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

His highs are pretty fun superhero comics for me. His lows are pretty terrible, but generally in a bland forgettable sort of way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    His highs are pretty fun superhero comics for me. His lows are pretty terrible, but generally in a bland forgettable sort of way.
    What are his lows? I'm geniunely curious, I've generally liked everything he's written.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Why the hell would we want to Bendis to write a Legion book with all the Legions? With only one Legion Bendis didn't knew how to make use of them or give them a differenciated voice. Also, as the landscape looks, it is pretty possible than Bendis is no longer in the writting staff of DC. Or at least that is what I want to believe.
    I meant more in line of let’s wait and see if we get someone other then Bendis
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Didn't Bendis say in some podcast, that he's done with writing for DC? And I guess his latest work looks more like finishing stories he started.