Page 141 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3423
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Is it possible we're also getting a new Red Hood book by Shawn Martinbrough?
    https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...9T1y55KYA&s=19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Oh right, he posted this around thanksgiving and I forgot to post it here:

https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...83974749650947

Guess this will be announced soon-ish:

https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...10120109096964

Last edited by Hypo; 09-08-2022 at 09:24 AM.

Edit: Sniped by Hypo! Guess a new Red Hood book is launching in Dec? Kinda surprised they wouldn’t save that for Jan. How many new books will spin out of Dark Crisis I wonder?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Solicits are dropping next week, right?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

At this point DC should drop a nuke in Gotham and get rid of most of Batman's supporting cast

I like most of these characters but the Batfranchise is getting there times more books than the rest of the Justice League combined. Absolutely dismal line-up.

I think this actually makes you wonder what would DC do without Batman. It's like that's the only truly valuable brand they have, or at least that's how they always treat it.

Extraordinary Member

Clark Kent is back on Earth this December post Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths and will face off against his greatest rival in an oversized milestone issue of Action Comics #1050. By creators Phillip Kennedy Johnson & Mike Perkins, Tom Taylor & Clayton Henry, and Joshua Williamson & Nick Dragotta, Action Comics #1050 drops into comic shops on December 27th, setting up the next era of Superman where Lex has stolen something so crucial to Clark it changes the entire planet.

“Writing Action Comics for the past two years has been one of the most rewarding writing experiences I’ve ever had, and everything that’s happened in that time—Future State, Superman: Son of Kal-El, The Warworld Saga, and Kal-El Returns—has all been building to Action Comics #1050,” said Phillip Kennedy Johnson.

“Clark Kent has returned to Earth stronger than ever, Jon has fully come into his own, and the Superfamily is poised to make Metropolis the true City of Tomorrow. It’s no overstatement to say Action Comics #1050 is a NEW BEGINNING for Superman, and the era that’s about to begin is as bright, and fun and exciting as anything fans have ever seen at DC Comics.”

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think this actually makes you wonder what would DC do without Batman. It's like that's the only truly valuable brand they have, or at least that's how they always treat it.
    They’d be fucked. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    At this point DC should drop a nuke in Gotham and get rid of most of Batman's supporting cast

I like most of these characters but the Batfranchise is getting there times more books than the rest of the Justice League combined. Absolutely dismal line-up.
    I would agree with you that a culling is absolutely called for at this point, but…
    I’d be a total hypocrite because I’m praying that this going to lead to spin-off books for some Superman family members who haven’t gotten anything recently.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Maybe dc should be the one to start treating their other properties with some modicum of respect, they had a treasure trove of iconic characters and brands but they turned it all into garbage with retcons, resets, erasures and mismanagement done by talentless hacks who thought they could reinvent the will, what was once a garden filled with diversity and richness turned into the sad BAT-desert we have today, just look how grand and wide was the dc universe during the first crisis …..compare it to the rotting carcass we have now (dark crisis), so much good will and narrative potential squandered especially in the last 10 years, I’m just glad to be old enough to remember things didn’t have to go this way.
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-08-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Well, setting aside Bat-Fatigue, Jason's current series is ending (I think?) so it would make sense to give him something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, setting aside Bat-Fatigue, Jason's current series is ending (I think?) so it would make sense to give him something new.
    I thought he was going so to the Jim Gordon thing and be the actual star of the new Matthew Rosenberg Joker series? Hasn’t Rosenberg said Jason is hunting him in that book?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’d be fucked. Simple as that.

I would agree with you that a culling is absolutely called for at this point, but…

I’d be a total hypocrite because I’m praying that this going to lead to spin-off books for some Superman family members who haven’t gotten anything recently.
    Yeah, we know Conner has his Round Robin winning title to come. Maybe Clark gets a second book again, Jon keeps his, and Kara gets a new series? That would give us five Super books instead of the current two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I thought he was going so to the Jim Gordon thing and be the actual star of the new Matthew Rosenberg Joker series? Hasn’t Rosenberg said Jason is hunting him in that book?
    Yeah, the solicit for issue 3 indicated it's Jason hunting Joker in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Yeah, the solicit for issue 3 indicated it's Jason hunting Joker in that book.
    As if we needed more retreaded plots .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we know Conner has his Round Robin winning title to come. Maybe Clark gets a second book again, Jon keeps his, and Kara gets a new series? That would give us five Super books instead of the current two.

The shitty thing is Conner WON the series he is getting,others are just being given them,but are being lumped together like it's the same when it's not
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    The shitty thing is Conner WON the series he is getting,others are just being given them,but are being lumped together like it's the same when it's not
    I'm not following the point you're trying to make?