Page 157 of 229 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3423

I haven't seen her work getting much praise anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I haven't seen her work getting much praise anywhere.
    She’s mediocre from what I can tell, most people neither love nor hate her work. Exception being Catwoman, a lot of people on Reddit seem to hate her run because she keeps pushing this OC LI Valmont for Selina who is a murderer and a stalker I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Dick and Kory have virtually nothing in common other than they're both horny for each other. Starfire's a power fantasy, Babs is the reality.
    That's pretty much how I view it. Dick fell for Kori because he was a hormone addled teenager and she's this gorgeous "fish out of water" fantasy character. The beautiful alien who needs to kiss someone to learn their language and who enjoys walking around nude. We see where your head was there Marv.

I could never image Dick and Kori having thoughtful or deep conversations. When we wanted to find someone intelligent, witty, beautiful, etc. he fell for Babs. Dick is the type of guy who would find intelligence incredibly appealing in a partner.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-22-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That's pretty much how I view it. Dick fell for Kori because he was a hormone addled teenager and she's this gorgeous "fish out of water" fantasy character. The beautiful alien who needs to kiss someone to learn their language and who enjoys walking around nude. We see where your head was there Marv.

I could never image Dick and Kori having thoughtful or deep conversations. When we wanted to find someone intelligent, witty, beautiful, etc. he fell for Babs. Dick is the type of guy who would find intelligence incredibly appealing in a partner.
    Kory isn't even stupid. Naive to Earth customs at first sure, but she's not dumb.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Alleged DC leaks from 4Chan: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thre...otta-be-wrong/

They are probably all fake (especially the first one, which already got debunked by Taylor) but it's fun to read at least.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Kory isn't even stupid. Naive to Earth customs at first sure, but she's not dumb.
    I know, right? I don't know where that take came from, certainly not the from pre-flashpoint.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Isn’t post Burnside Babs an idiot to boot? I definitely remember people complaining about how dumb she’s been since that revamped her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kill Dick with a crowbar and have Starfire and Barbara hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Now we're talkin'.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    How does Tini keep getting work?
    Pretty much the non DC & Marvel work sell better than the DC & Marvel stuff.

Which tends to happen with folks bought over from other parts of the writing world.

It's the piggyback concept. Use the name to get to a large audience and into places where you might get ignored.

These folks come with a built in audience. With many who would support the books.

So while she might be bad and not getting rave reviews-it's not hurting trade sales of her DC and Marvel books. While they are not top 100-they are among the top 500-1000 on Amazon. Something certain other books can't say.

These folks are bought in for their names. While it worked at times for Gene Yung and Nic Stone and N.K. Jemisin, it can back fire for others.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Alleged DC leaks from 4Chan: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thre...otta-be-wrong/

They are probably all fake (especially the first one, which already got debunked by Taylor) but it's fun to read at least.
    Anything from 4 chan is fake.

Kori is smart; Babs is a certifiable (and possibly certified) genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t post Burnside Babs an idiot to boot? I definitely remember people complaining about how dumb she’s been since that revamped her.
    That was the New 52 Batgirl. Post-Rebirth, the only thing they've really kept from that era is the idea that Babs is no longer paralyzed.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Anything from 4 chan is fake.
    Some of it, I wouldn’t mind seeing.

A reality that had Dick be turned into a cheater and Babs much younger to exist? Because they weren't a natural fit per the age gap if you dig into some comics at the time there are some very odd panels where Babs expresses attraction to Dick despite him being underage at the time.

And, the gap isn't the issue per se, Ollie and Dinah I'm pretty sure are around the same years apart (?), but one being introduced as a kid and the other as an adult is the issue. And, really Babs being the reality because she's within the same direct franchise is beyond boring and if anything feels unrealistic. That's not how relationships always go in real-life, especially since I don't see Dick not keeping close relationships with his fellow Titans outside of editorial mandates.

And, at this point, I don't need Dick and Kory together, but I don't need Dick and Babs to be treated like some perfect couple when I think it actually does less to serve either of them as a long-term couple.

Babs had more chemistry with Ted Kord in that BOP run than I thought she ever had with Dick, and I'm unbiased enough to say the two have their moments. Young Justice might be the first non-comic depiction of their relationship I think worked well, and even then they have to compete with the far more interesting Dick and Zatanna (of all couples).
    I enjoy Dick and Babs together but I feel like it's disingenuous to treat them as a perfect couple without their fair share of problems. Because they are, like any couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    First bit of post-Dark Crisis/NYCC news, apparently the Harley Quinn creative team will change in March of 2023. Taking over will be Tini Howard with Sweeney Boo on art.

https://www.gamesradar.com/harley-qu...up-at-nycc-22/
    I wonder if this means crossover with the Catwoman book.
    She’s mediocre from what I can tell, most people neither love nor hate her work. Exception being Catwoman, a lot of people on Reddit seem to hate her run because she keeps pushing this OC LI Valmont for Selina who is a murderer and a stalker I guess.
    I've also heard it feels like it's written from the POV of a misandrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I think that's doing a disservice to their relationship and Kori's character. Dick and Kori went through a lot of emotional grief to be together but you could tell they were passionate about one another (especially Kori) and they were pretty vocal about it.
    She was definitely a little more shallow and spastic compared to how she had been written before because they were trying to write her in like 18-19 age range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    To be honest I prefer the idea that Babs doesn't like Kori because she's kind of petty. I remember during BoP part of the tension with Huntress was because Huntress had been together with Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post

Oh, poo..... Some of the ideas were not that bad.
    Except the Bendis on JSA. That was horrible.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin