Page 17 of 229 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

re: Death of the Justice League's impact on other books:

https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...71752124239880

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    re: Death of the Justice League's impact on other books:

https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...71752124239880

Wonderful. So they didn’t even go over the details with the freaking creators of how this event would effect their books?

Please don’t mess up PKJ’s Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    …why? Does anyone care that much about “Supergirl but insane”? I guess they can put her on the Outsiders and maybe have that ship tease with Duke pay off.
    People like messed up characters with short haircuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wonderful. So they didn’t even go over the details with the freaking creators of how this event would effect their books?

It gives me the impression that the solo books will continue uninterrupted until a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People like messed up characters with short haircuts?

It gives me the impression that the solo books will continue uninterrupted until a certain point.
    So basically like how Snyder’s Justice/Doom War worked until Death Metal came around, except no Vendetti, Spurrier, and Loveness filler arcs (I liked them but they basically served to fill time until Death Metal was ready).
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-20-2022 at 07:37 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...33307596410889

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...55842009038853

It doesn't sound good that PKJ was in the known and Thorne wasn't. We still don't know if he is staying past GL #12, right?

From the DC Connect #21 synopsis:

“Spinning out of the hit CW shows, Earth-Prime continues the adventures of your favorite heroes from the small screen!”

The synopsis mentions the new Flashpoint series, the new Batman Beyond series, Earth-Prime, and the Flash movie tie-in. It doesn’t look like there will be a JSA series launching in April. We’ll know for sure on Tuesday. DC Universe Infinite has the release date of DC Connect #21 as 1/25/22.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 01-21-2022 at 05:58 AM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Out of all the alternate Earths to showcase, they picked the one I’m least interested in LOL.
    Plus it feels wrong to have the CWverse take the Earth Prime name.

Extraordinary Member

Ryan Wilder, aka Batwoman, makes her costumed comic book debut in a story co-written by series writers Natalie Abrams and Kelley Larson, plus series cast member Camrus Johnson (Luke Fox/Batwing), with art by Clayton Henry.

Ever since the tech that created many of Batman’s rogues hit the streets, Ryan Wilder has been running herself ragged trying to contain the new villains popping up around Gotham City. But when Clayface’s (making his CW debut) mud binds itself to a local high schooler, Batwoman will need help from an unexpected source to contain this muddy foe! Also, follow how Luke Fox balances his life as a super hero and a boyfriend!
    Superman & Lois series writers Adam Mallinger, Jai Jamison and Andrew Wong join DC fan-favorite artists Tom Grummett and Norm Rapmund in a story spotlighting Clark Kent and Lois Lane’s first anniversary. Trying to celebrate their marital bliss is never easy when you’re a super hero husband and news reporter wife; especially when world-saving and creating hard-hitting stories continue to spoil your plans! Plus, the true origins of the evil Superman from John Henry Irons’ world are finally revealed!

I've been wanting more Ryan Wilder in the comics. So, I'm actually looking forward to reading her story.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

That’s actually very interesting, and I’m not saying that just because I like the CW shows, it’s just that in the past when DC did comics for these shows they treated it more like the Flash movie prequel comic. A digital exclusive non-canon thing of varying quality that ultimately did not effect things in any way.

To see them put more emphasis on these series is interesting to say the least.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

A cw miniseries before another green lantern book.

Ofc i didn't expect it this month but still.
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 01-21-2022 at 07:58 AM.

So are they supposed to be in the same continuity as TV shows?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So are they supposed to be in the same continuity as TV shows?
    The article on the DC Comics website confirms they are:

All issues are part of the Warner Bros. Television show canon, approved by CW television show producers.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...ic-in-universe

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That’s actually very interesting, and I’m not saying that just because I like the CW shows, it’s just that in the past when DC did comics for these shows they treated it more like the Flash movie prequel comic. A digital exclusive non-canon thing of varying quality that ultimately did not effect things in any way.

To see them put more emphasis on these series is interesting to say the least.
    That's not totally true. There was the Arrow 2.5 comic that filled in the gaps between Season 2 and 3 was written by Marc Guggenheim, who I think was show-runner at the time.

The Arrow: Dark Archer series was written by John Barrowman and he'd said at the time it was canon/he'd discussed the backstory with the show's producers.

And there was the Crisis on Infinite Earths tie in co-written by Guggenheim and confirmed to be canon at the time, focusing on characters whose actors' they hadn't been able to get back.
    Last edited by Zorkel567; 01-21-2022 at 08:39 AM.

I think it's neat that they're doing an Arrowverse comic with writers from the show. It might be fun .