Page 175 of 229 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Twins?

Jon is keeping his Blue Superman powers

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-reinve...d-era-in-2023/

I hope so. Right now, I’m confused as to who’s going where.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well Williamson has revealed he’s going to be writing a new Superman series that launches in Feb 2023.
    So, is the first story going to bring back Superman Inc. and introduce a new villain? After that, will there be a Superman-related crossover story called "Red Sun War"?
    How soon after that will DC reveal the name of the writer who's really going to be writing Superman?

That's pretty awesome! I might get this one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well Williamson has revealed he’s going to be writing a new Superman series that launches in Feb 2023.
    I guess you really are a high-profile writer at DC to the point where you have to take at least one crack at Superman...Johns did, King did, Morrison did, Bendis, etc.

And now that Dark Crisis is over, presumably he can commit to Superman in a way he didn't with Batman.
    Superman #1

Livewire! Silver Banshee! Parasite! Bizarro! Imprisoned Lex! Mercy with a Lex hologram? The Daily Planet!

I'm hyped!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He’s still working on these books but Son of Kal-el is apparently ending with issue 18…and getting a new series Adventures of Superman where Jon goes to earth-3 and the return of Val-Zod, new 52 earth-2 Superman,
    They actually brought back Adventures!

I wonder if Val-Zod is going to join Earth-1 or if Jon will just meet a bunch of multiversal Supermen.
    @Newsarama

Superman: Son of Kal-El will end with issue #18 in December, but Jon Kent's journey will continue in Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent, written by Tom Taylor and drawn by Clayton Henry.

Jon will face off against Ultraman, and the series will also include Val-Zod, the Superman of Earth-2.

Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent will be a six-issue limited series launching in early 2023.
    So just a limited series? Ouch.

I hope Taylor can do justice to Jon dealing with Ultraman, but I doubt it.
    The Twins?

Jon is keeping his Blue Superman powers

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-reinve...d-era-in-2023/

Jon keeping the Superman blue powers is a good way to distinct him from Clark.

Why does Natasha need a hood?
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Super X Men team uniforms.

Kara looks better now.
    Kara's hair is definitely better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Who's the dark skinned guy in the suit with the long hair, just below Clark's left hand? Looks like he's got some kind of badge on his vest? And the woman above that same hand, with some kind of....hologram?....of a dude in a suit? I'd think it was Mercy Graves and Lex-via-hologram, but Lex is pretty front and center on the opposite side so.....? Given their placement I'd assume they're allies but I don't think I know either of them.
    I think that might be a race-bent Chief Inspector Henderson?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I actually liked the look that Kara had during Dark Crisis than this one. This seems like cheap cosplay to me.
    Honestly I really disliked it because her hair was too old-fashioned and there was too much blue that it made it feel derivative of Clark even more than Kara's other costumes.

Kara still needs a cape. And honestly I feel like they're going to bring the skirt back sooner rather than later.

Astonishing Member

Batman panel is today, I guess we'll find out more about Nightwing #100, maybe new titles for Damian and Jason will be revealed as well, at least I hope so.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Livewire! Silver Banshee! Parasite! Bizarro! Imprisoned Lex! Mercy with a Lex hologram? The Daily Planet!
    I like that they are showing old foes back.
    That's what we needed for Superman
    I wonder if Val-Zod is going to join Earth-1 or if Jon will just meet a bunch of multiversal Supermen.
    I hope not.I prefer they release miniseries for others earth time to time (a Earth 6 ones, a Superdemon mini, Val Zod and Wonder of the world Mini, ...)
    Sending Val to Earth 1 is like Miles in the main Marvel earth(and also will give less focus to Steel like Miles
    Outshadows both Powler and Kaine )
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Batman panel is today, I guess we'll find out more about Nightwing #100, maybe new titles for Damian and Jason will be revealed as well, at least I hope so.
    I wish they made a Outlaws book. Damian too but I don't know how with Tim being in a Robin book
    Last edited by Waldo; 10-09-2022 at 04:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I appreciate the Gotham panel being so early today, I don’t think there will be a lot of announcements but we’ll see I guess: https://twitter.com/ben_abernathy/st...qC828q_BYAqxog

I guess you really are a high-profile writer at DC to the point where you have to take at least one crack at Superman...Johns did, King did, Morrison did, Bendis, etc.
    Nice change from the days when editorial wouldn't allow high profile creators on Superman, right?

I think that might be a race-bent Chief Inspector Henderson?
    Oh, that'd make sense. Have we seen Henderson around lately?

Skin tone seems a little too dark, but maybe it's a slightly aged-up, gone-legit Gangbuster? Maybe with Maggie Sawyer in Bludhaven, Jose becomes the new chief of police in Metropolis, or at least the head of the SCU or something?

I know Jose was in One-Star Squadron and died, but that's not canon and I don't recall the last time Gangbuster showed up otherwise, anyone know what his status quo was when last seen?

Kara still needs a cape. And honestly I feel like they're going to bring the skirt back sooner rather than later.
    I don't think the "team uniforms" are meant to stick beyond this particular story/saga/arc/whatever PKJ is doing.....but I do agree Kara looks best with a cape.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, that'd make sense. Have we seen Henderson around lately?
    Honestly the last time I think he showed up was the Post-Crisis era, if at all. Maybe not just the Byrne era, but close to it.

Astonishing Member

A new title was announced, Multiversity: Harley Screws Up the DCU, written by Tieri with art by Logan Faerber and out in March 2023. It's the only title announced on Gotham City panel.
    This panel sucked, lol. And also, this week there was no Justice League, no Titans, no Green Lantern, no Aquaman, etc.

Is Multiversity some kind of Elseworld’s banner now? I mean with Teen Justice and now a time traveling Harley Quinn story it raises the question doesn’t it?

Because originally everything titled Multiversity was related to that Grant Morrison multiverse event that basically established the multiverse map as we’ve known it these past few years. So what’s the point in titling these multiversity?
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-09-2022 at 08:38 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

A new title was announced, Multiversity: Harley Screws Up the DCU, written by Tieri with art by Logan Faerber and out in March 2023. It's the only title announced on Gotham City panel.
    This panel sucked, lol. And also, this week there was no Justice League, no Titans, no Green Lantern, no Aquaman, etc.
    Well at least only one new bat-book was announced instead of a lot like in previous conventions, so that is the good thing so far.

The DC panel was basically the Batman panel.

It really did. I expected to be disappointed but not like this, lol.

Superman definitely saved NYCC from being a total wash for DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman definitely saved NYCC from being a total wash for DC.
    Hey Lazarus Planet is also there.

I will laugh out of control though if within the next week of teasing solicitations they reveal stuff they could have announced at NYCC though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.