Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    You sure ? I don't found the picture in the comics.
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...A66XTOKNg&s=19

It will be launched next month

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    From INFINITE FRONTIER 04Attachment 117152
    I think this will be from JUSTICE LEAGUE INCARNATE#4

spoilers:
    (Check on the greatest Darkness hand on panel 4)
    end of spoilers
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I mean I feel we have to learn about the next Justice league writer in the next week or two with April Solicitations
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Shame the JSA isn't happening. I was looking forward to that.

My guess is that DC doesn't know what to do with them, since they seem to be moving the League big names into that "elder statesman" role the JSA classics used to occupy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

And Teen Titans has been given the "train the next generation" role.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

My guess is that DC doesn't know what to do with them, since they seem to be moving the League big names into that "elder statesman" role the JSA classics used to occupy.
    I guess JSA as a team that mixes the old and new is too much like how they're trying to promote the League now. The League even has Black Adam and Hippolyta.

People are comparing Naomi to Stargirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

It seems to not be happening more so because Hitch couldn’t commit to doing the book than any problems with where to go direction wise
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't see that direction lasting beyond the upcoming Earth 3 arc. Heck, it should end sooner, considering they've decided to consider killing the next generation instead of training them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It seems to not be happening more so because Hitch couldn’t commit to doing the book than any problems with where to go direction wise
    There had to be other (arguably more fitting) artists than Hitch that could have been alternative unless they think Hitch would sell it better.

Was he the one with the pitch? I thought he was purely on art duties for this?

Either way, regardless of the reason, it sucks. It can't be that hard to find a purpose or pitch for the JSA can it?

I guess JSA as a team that mixes the old and new is too much like how they're trying to promote the League now. The League even has Black Adam and Hippolyta.

Are we pretending the League won't be back to some flavor of Big 7 once Bendis leaves? You're right though, and Titans Academy is doing the "teaching the new kids" thing which was a JSA staple during Johns. Clearly DC can't think of something for the old guys to do. They should spend ten minutes on the forums here, there's tons of good ideas they could steal.

Comparing Naomi to Stargirl is high praise in my book. Hopefully Courtney will still get a book to regularly appear in, even if the JSA title is dead in the water again. And hopefully Naomi's second season is bigger than her first! The DCU will be much better off if these two characters get a lot of quality use.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-09-2022 at 07:06 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a tough one. Generally The Titans have nothing to do and not much of a reason to still be a team, but the idea of them teaching the next generation of teen heroes has kind of worked in the Young Justice show and some of the animated movies. Plus it allows them to be "DC's X Men" which is a franchise they've often been compared to since the 80s heyday.

So, it didn't have anything to do with the writer?

Didn't Hitch earlier say the book was still possible even though he (Hitch) couldn't do the art?

From another thread, back in August 2021:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This from another thread . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    JSA Series not happening according to Bryan Hitch

https://mobile.twitter.com/THEBRYANH...97607155290115
    However, that comment by the poster doesn't tell the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The JSA series is not being drawn by Brian Hitch according to Brian Hitch.
    And the actual reply by Hitch on Twitter was:
    Not with me, I’m afraid. Tried but it didn’t come together.
    6:51 AM · Aug 6, 2021
    So we still have to wait and see if/when anything further may ever happen towards the JSA getting their own book.

NOTE: For all we know, something could still be announced in the near future, just not with Bryan Hitch involved at this point.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I feel we have to learn about the next Justice league writer in the next week or two with April Solicitations
    Wonder if we'll get a fill in writer on the book or if Tom Taylor takes over immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

To be fair this is not the first time Hippolyta replaces her daughter in Justice League.