Page 207 of 229 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3423
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    I can sympathize with the point of view of, "what's the point of all of this effort if it's all bad?" Admittedly, I'm not reading the Wonder Woman comic right now to know how bad it is, and I didn't watch her latest movie, but I've heard bad things about both.

That said, I think those are DC problems in general. I don't think they're picking on Wonder Woman in particular. For example, Superman has also been in bad movies in recent history, and DC in general has had a lot of trouble getting him right as well for many years. I think that most of DC's output in general is pretty bad to...boringly okay. They put out A LOT of content, and you have to wade through the dull and bad stuff to find the rare gems. Many long-running characters only really have a few epic runs you can count on one or two hands, in my opinion. Many characters are lucky to have any epic runs at all.
    True. Although Superman will be never treated half as bad as WW. He is not useless and weak as often as DC portrays WW for example.

OT: Diana is getting replaced by Nubia or Yarda apparently? Based on a rumor i read about a possibility in issue 800. Well maybe The Gods heard my prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    ‘Lazarus Planet’ kicks off Dawn of DC with new mini ‘Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods’

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/02/la...ds-dawn-of-dc/
    Sounds like fun, especially if the Mary Marvel creative team are involved with backups.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sounds like fun, especially if the Mary Marvel creative team are involved with backups.
    Hey they actually call her Mary Marvel! Guess she got her name back after all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey they actually call her Mary Marvel! Guess she got her name back after all.
    It's not like they were going to come up with a better name at this point, to be honest.

‘Lazarus Planet’ kicks off Dawn of DC with new mini ‘Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods’

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/02/la...ds-dawn-of-dc/
    Hmm, Shazam/WW team up could be interesting but no real interest in a story where WW seemingly plays an antagonist role for seemingly Billy and Yara.

Wilson isn't really the strongest of endorsements also given what a bag of hot air her run ended up being, and then peace'd out to go write Sandman and Clown Lady's girlfriend. Maybe she'll actually finish a WW story this time.

Oh well...always have Historia.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    OT: Diana is getting replaced by Nubia or Yarda apparently? Based on a rumor i read about a possibility in issue 800. Well maybe The Gods heard my prayer.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...e-of-the-gods/

That comes from this Newsarama article. It speculates that Yara or Nubia will take over as WW in #800 and Diana will get another, different title (as in another mantle or another book? It's not really clear).

Newsarama clarifies that it's just an hypothesis, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have some inside info.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, Shazam/WW team up could be interesting but no real interest in a story where WW seemingly plays an antagonist role for seemingly Billy and Yara.

Wilson isn't really the strongest of endorsements also given what a bag of hot air her run ended up being, and then peace'd out to go write Sandman and Clown Lady's girlfriend. Maybe she'll actually finish a WW story this time.

That Ivy burn. She ain't walking away from that one .

It sounds like she's being blackmailed by the Gods into it, so she'll probably try to subvert them from within, but I'm not sure how fun that will be for Diana fans to read.

Astonishing Member

Replacements don't last long for key characters.
    Yara probably take Cassies Codename for good.

https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...e-of-the-gods/

That comes from this Newsarama article. It speculates that Yara or Nubia will take over as WW in #800 and Diana will get another, different title (as in another mantle or another book? It's not really clear).

Newsarama clarifies that it's just an hypothesis, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have some inside info.
    Yara was created to be Wonder Woman, but when 5G was cancelled, she ended up only being called that in Future State, and her Infinite Frontier series was called Wonder Girl instead (though she only actually took the name in Trial of the Amazons, after her own book finished). Maybe this is why Cassie hasn't been given a new name?

Yara wasn't actually happy about being called Wonder Girl as she's already 21 - three years older than the incumbent Wonder Girl. She's wanted to be Wonder WOMAN all along.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-02-2022 at 04:31 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Aren't they promoting this as shazam and WW working together?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Aren't they promoting this as shazam and WW working together?
    Probably will at some point.

After Diana’s shocking choice to align herself with the gods, her world has changed. Could godhood be the answer to all her problems? Find out as Diana ascends!
    I feel like WW has ascended 15 times by now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    WW's ascended multiple times, but the 'godhood be the answer to all her problems' angle seems like an out of character quick fix for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    She's trying to fill out the punch card they gave her. One more and she gets a free lunch.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    She's trying to fill out the punch card they gave her. One more and she gets a free lunch.
    Or maybe a free wash-and-wax for the invisible jet?