Page 23 of 229 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All in for some mindless Silver Age-esque fun. Joker dinosaur with Heath Ledger inspired hair? Sign me up. This can't possibly be worse than some of the pile of **** DC has been putting out while trying to pretend it's a wedding cake.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-04-2022 at 01:22 AM.

Ok, so who lost a bet?!?

This whole thing is just ridiculous. Also, Batman and Wonder Woman get the cool looking dinosaurs and Superman has to be the plodding boring herbivore dino. No fair!!!

Wow, clearly at DC they are finally running out of ideas unless it's something Batman related. DC's situation is currently depressing and pathetic.

I don't know what to even think. On one hand it is cool that DC is doing weird things, on the other hand it is probably a strong hint at them having no idea what do with their actual universe.

I respect the “I didn’t know if it was a good idea or not, I just knew I wanted to draw these creatures” but filling this with Dino Trinity, Joker, and Darkseid doesn't speak of creativity (but I guess at least it isn't Bat only), and I don't see a six Issues series going much deeper than that. Maybe there'll be some cool designs for other characters.

If dc is willing to take risks like this, they should also be finding new writers. I just want more good writers

Extraordinary Member

When did DC start employing five year olds to write for them? And can the fight robot giant ape Nazis from the future? That has to be the sequel.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    If dc is willing to take risks like this, they should also be finding new writers. I just want more good writers
    They've gotten several news writers since the infinite frontier era started. Stephania Williams, brandon thomas, stephanie phillips, tim sherridan, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    They've gotten several news writers since the infinite frontier era started. Stephania Williams, brandon thomas, stephanie phillips, tim sherridan, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, etc.
    And that is why you got some screaming for new writers. Because some folks already have issues with some of those guys before the first issues of their books came out.

Wow, clearly at DC they are finally running out of ideas unless it's something Batman related. DC's situation is currently depressing and pathetic.
    No it's a case of we still don't know who really owns us along with giving work to those who were suppose to do 5G instead of just paying those project cancellation fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ok, so who lost a bet?!?

This whole thing is just ridiculous. Also, Batman and Wonder Woman get the cool looking dinosaurs and Superman has to be the plodding boring herbivore dino. No fair!!!
    I mean, when you read their description for why they went with it, it makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I dunno, can't it just be a fun one-off mini and not need to say anything about DC's current straits?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Oh that's nice. I guess what I meant was more good writers with GOOD non-bat ideas. Like Pkj.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Oh that's nice. I guess what I meant was more good writers with GOOD non-bat ideas. Like Pkj.
    Most of the writers I mentioned don't work on batman, but I get what you mean with how many books are batman related. I don't think that's a issue on the creative side, so much as sales just riding on Batman books right now.

Mmm in two weeks the solicits will be up, and we'll know Justice League's fate. Kind of interesting DC hasn't released a single tease

Ultimate Member

That has and always will fall on editorial.

I can pitch as much as I want but if you won't greenlight anything that is Batman free-this is what you get.

Then who is eating crow when I take my pitch to another company?

We have already seen that happen before. The last Wasp series was pitched as a Bumblebee book. ANd some say Peter David's Fallen Angel was really Supergirl.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Mmm in two weeks the solicits will be up, and we'll know Justice League's fate. Kind of interesting DC hasn't released a single tease
    I guess we'll a least find out who survive but I don't think that solicitation will reveal if they are actually dead or not. What I think were are most likely going to get is another one-shot or mini by Williamson dealing with the fallout of their 'deaths'.