Page 24 of 229 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    All in for some mindless Silver Age-esque fun. Joker dinosaur with Heath Ledger inspired hair? Sign me up. This can't possibly be worse than some of the pile of shit DC has been putting out while trying to pretend it's a wedding cake.

The only thing that's surprising about this dinosaur event , is that it's not priced at $4.99 or $5.99 for each issue.
    I'm not picking it up , not even as a trade.
    If DC doesn't know what to do with some of their characters, then just lease them out to other publishers like Marvel did about 25-30 years ago.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I guess we'll a least find out who survive but I don't think that solicitation will reveal if they are actually dead or not. What I think were are most likely going to get is another one-shot or mini by Williamson dealing with the fallout of their 'deaths'.

I do think that you're right ZuLuLu about the JL .
    As far as I can tell , JL will not be around for a long time, maybe a year .

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That has and always will fall on editorial.

I can pitch as much as I want but if you won't greenlight anything that is Batman free-this is what you get.

Then who is eating crow when I take my pitch to another company?

We have already seen that happen before. The last Wasp series was pitched as a Bumblebee book. ANd some say Peter David's Fallen Angel was really Supergirl.
    Unstoppable Wasp was long enough ago that it wasn't the current regime who turned down that Bumblebee pitch. The writer, Jeremy Whitley, did get lucky in that Marvel happened to have just introduced Nadia in Avengers when he pitched it to them. Though he clearly made some changes to his planned story when it became Unstoppable Wasp, as the book does utilise some past continuity relating to Janet Van Dyne and Hank Pym, which clearly wouldn't have been there had it been a Bumblebee story.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    They've gotten several news writers since the infinite frontier era started. Stephania Williams, brandon thomas, stephanie phillips, tim sherridan, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, etc.
    Brandon Thomas wrote Robin #167, the issue in which Tim's middle name Jackson was revealed. Tim Sheridan actually wrote some animated stuff before becoming the Teen Titans comic writer. So not really new.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Robin_Vol_2_167
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unstoppable Wasp was long enough ago that it wasn't the current regime who turned down that Bumblebee pitch. The writer, Jeremy Whitley, did get lucky in that Marvel happened to have just introduced Nadia in Avengers when he pitched it to them. Though he clearly made some changes to his planned story when it became Unstoppable Wasp, as the book does utilise some past continuity relating to Janet Van Dyne and Hank Pym, which clearly wouldn't have been there had it been a Bumblebee story.
    Brandon Thomas wrote Robin #167, the issue in which Tim's middle name Jackson was revealed. Tim Sheridan actually wrote some animated stuff before becoming the Teen Titans comic writer. So not really new.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Robin_Vol_2_167
    I did not know that was originally a Bumblebee pitch. With her profile in Super Hero Girls, I am surprised and so incredibly sad it did not get picked up by DC.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Another one?!?

Did he finish writing all the issues for Bat/Cat yet?

You never know quite what he'll do next .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Another one?!?

Did he finish writing all the issues for Bat/Cat yet?
    All the delays are due to Clay Mann being very, very slow.

How come Mann didn't have these problems on HiC. Unless I'm getting this wrong but I'm not sure there were a lot of delays there?
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-07-2022 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How come Mann didn't have these problems on HiC. Unless I'm getting this wrong but I'm not sure there were a lot of delays there, were they?
    Some people get slower over time. Look at Frank Quietly, dude does 3 issues a year at most.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Stephanie Williams also.
    http://https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/status/1490698392493826051

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Some of the Delays were due to the special having to be rescheduled as well, the regular issues got pushed back a time or two if I recall correctly.

https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...475600384?s=21
    "It's about legacy..."

Art by @Sampere_art & @loquesunalex.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW...
    Yep I guessed right, Sampere is drawing the 2022 event, and I guess we’ll get an announcement tomorrow.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You know what’s funny about this, just all the founding Justice League members with their sidekicks next to Hal who has John and Guy and Martian Manhunter who has Miss Martian. Something funny about that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...475600384?s=21

Yep I guessed right, Sampere is drawing the 2022 event, and I guess we’ll get an announcement tomorrow.
    So many thoughts on this:

- Seems like some attempt at reconciling all the continuity/history of the DCU from Pre-Crisis all the way up to the modern era.

- We've got the classics, all the Big Seven meeting/training their sidekicks or partners (in the case of Green Lantern), the original JLA/JSA first meeting, the New Teen Titans and the Johns Titans, the progression of all the generational heroes/legacies.

- The FS JL together with Jackson is kind of funny that they're all close to the same height despite the age gap among the members.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what’s funny about this, just all the founding Justice League members with their sidekicks next to Hal who has John and Guy and Martian Manhunter who has Miss Martian. Something funny about that.
    GL has never had a typical sidekick character, the closest is probably the other Earth Lanterns all working together as part of the Corps., at least that's what I guess they were going for.

Ever since YJ M'Gann has kind of typically been seen more as the closest thing J'onn has to a sidekick so I figure that's where they're going with it. I'm not sure if she's actually his niece in current continuity.