Page 40 of 229 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My first reaction was “oh my God he actually did what I’ve been doing as a joke”
    Well the next event *is* called Dark Crisis, and I swear I've seen posters here use that name while making fun of DC for being too grimdark and reboot obsessed, so.....par for course right? Maybe an editor is lurking the forums and this is just them trolling us for being such cynical bastards.

Not much of a anime guy but I've seen a few mecha/gundam type shows that were a little darker and harder hitting than, say, 80's Voltron, and those were pretty solid. I might be able to get behind this, if it's done a certain way. Damned if I know why guys like Clark would need a mech, or where they'd get ones worth using (better not be Bruce, I hate him having such extensive access to New Gods level tech) but it could be silly and fun in the best of ways. I'll wait and see what the previews look like and what people are saying but I hope it's my kind of good.

DCeased finishing a trilogy actually kind of has my attention. I haven't read any of the DCeased stuff, but actual endings are so rare in comics and I do love a solid trilogy.....how has this thing been? Anyone actually read it? If it finishes strong, is it worth checking out?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well the next event *is* called Dark Crisis, and I swear I've seen posters here use that name while making fun of DC for being too grimdark and reboot obsessed, so.....par for course right? Maybe an editor is lurking the forums and this is just them trolling us for being such cynical bastards.

Not much of a anime guy but I've seen a few mecha/gundam type shows that were a little darker and harder hitting than, say, 80's Voltron, and those were pretty solid. I might be able to get behind this, if it's done a certain way. Damned if I know why guys like Clark would need a mech, or where they'd get ones worth using (better not be Bruce, I hate him having such extensive access to New Gods level tech) but it could be silly and fun in the best of ways. I'll wait and see what the previews look like and what people are saying but I hope it's my kind of good.

DCeased finishing a trilogy actually kind of has my attention. I haven't read any of the DCeased stuff, but actual endings are so rare in comics and I do love a solid trilogy.....how has this thing been? Anyone actually read it? If it finishes strong, is it worth checking out?
    I’ve read the entire rest of this now “trilogy” (Do we count the digital series and Unkillables?) And I like it, because it’s not your usual apocalyptic fair. By this I mean our heroes act in character wanting to save the world instead of just slaughtering the undead, and anytime they had to kill a big character it wasn’t just for the sake of killing them off but it had weight and was about saving people from catastrophe. Superman does end up killing someone but he does it hesitantly and only because if the character in question were to be a zombie it would mean the end of everyone.

It also helps that the series focuses as a whole on legacy characters and some who don’t always get the spotlight. Sure we get the usual John Constantine, Harley Quinn, Green Arrow, and Black Canary from Taylor but we also get characters like Cyborg, Wallace West, Cassie Sandsmark, Mister Miracle, and Big Barda be heroes as well. Plus the ending of Dead Planet make it very different as well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I was thinking about a threads are still going on with Dceased. Zombie Darkseid is still out there and Zombie Superman is still eating the Sun from the inside, and presumably getting a lot more powerful. My prediction is Darseid coming to Earth, one or both, and they needing to cure Superman to save the day, except he probably will just get his ass kicked as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’ve read the entire rest of this now “trilogy” (Do we count the digital series and Unkillables?) And I like it, because it’s not your usual apocalyptic fair.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'll give the first volume a shot next time I'm in the bookstore.

How important are the tie-ins? Those are something I'd usually grab only if the main story really impressed me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I was thinking about a threads are still going on with Dceased. Zombie Darkseid is still out there and Zombie Superman is still eating the Sun from the inside, and presumably getting a lot more powerful. My prediction is Darseid coming to Earth, one or both, and they needing to cure Superman to save the day, except he probably will just get his ass kicked as usual.
    I hope Taylor expands the character roster to more lesser used heroes (and villains). I loved how Creeper and Grundy played a big role in the Unkillables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'll give the first volume a shot next time I'm in the bookstore.

How important are the tie-ins? Those are something I'd usually grab only if the main story really impressed me.
    I’d say the one-shot with Constantine and Mister Miracle is important and so is Unkillables. Because those are basically essential to certain parts of Dead Planet, such as plot lines or characters who you wouldn’t know about if you didn’t read them.

The digital series hope at worlds end was fun to read but it’s not essential to the plot.

Edit: Oh wait I’m an idiot, the first one-shot tie-in that has Constantine and Mister Miracle in it is actually included in the first trade collection of DCeased. My mistake for forgetting that.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-27-2022 at 02:01 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hope Taylor expands the character roster to more lesser used heroes (and villains). I loved how Creeper and Grundy played a big role in the Unkillables.
    I’m kind of getting the feeling that if they weren’t in Dead Planet then we probably should not expect a sudden appearance. I expect the sequel to continue on with Jon, Damian, Cassie, Cassandra, Wallace, Victor, Zatanna, and etc. we’ve gotten
    Words to live by.

Yeah. For example, he actually used a slightly de-aged Cassie Sandsmark (she was made the same age as the Super Sons) because there was no Wonder Girl in Jon and Damian's generation at the time. He's not going to suddenly kill off Cassie and replace her with Yara Flor at this point. Any hero who hasn't already shown up can be presumed dead. Even if, as in Yara's case, the reason they haven't appeared so far is because they only debuted in the last couple of years, after DCeased started.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. For example, he actually used a slightly de-aged Cassie Sandsmark (she was made the same age as the Super Sons) because there was no Wonder Girl in Jon and Damian's generation at the time. He's not going to suddenly kill off Cassie and replace her with Yara Flor at this point. Any hero who hasn't already shown up can be presumed dead. Even if, as in Yara's case, the reason they haven't appeared so far is because they only debuted in the last couple of years, after DCeased started.
    Would he have paired Yara and Damian...oh yeah, probably .

BANNED

Staff are moving into a new office space, but it will function in a 'first come, first served' capacity, many talents will have to still work from home.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...-wonder-woman/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Staff are moving into a new office space, but it will function in a 'first come, first served' capacity, many talents will have to still work from home.

I mean I’m pretty sure comics aren’t the only job effected by the pandemic. Some businesses are just going to find it more cost effective to have people work from home when it’s not necessary to have them in an office.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

I mean I’m pretty sure comics aren’t the only job effected by the pandemic. Some businesses are just going to find it more cost effective to have people work from home when it’s not necessary to have them in an office.
    But how many "staff" even worked at DC's main location any more?

I didn't think there were all that many writers and artists who actually worked from the main office, and what other positions necessarily required people working in-office on a regular basis?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But how many "staff" even worked at DC's main location any more?

I didn't think there were all that many writers and artists who actually worked from the main office, and what other positions necessarily required people working in-office on a regular basis?
    Editors. Chris Conroy has repeatedly said on Twitter he prefers working in an office, so I’m assuming other editors feel the same.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They moved to Burbank so everyone would be close to each other and in the same office, and didn't they lose a chunk of people who didn't want to relocate? I've been assuming the majority of their workforce was local these days (not all of them, obviously).

Oh wait I’m an idiot, the first one-shot tie-in that has Constantine and Mister Miracle in it is actually included in the first trade collection of DCeased. My mistake for forgetting that.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll be looking for a good deal on the first volume next time I'm in the bookstore.

~ Black Panther.