Page 5 of 229 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Which is hilarious as while that’s going on there is a small chance the JSA might steal a march on the JL in other media
    Ironically seems like there are better prospects for the JSA than for the JL, assuming Black Adam is a success.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I really don't care anymore about who they put on the title, I just want the title
    Don't say that. Last time I did we got Bendis on the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    By that metric it seems like the only "names" left are Bendis, King, and Williamson. Maybe Ram V.

I guess it takes a lot to make a TV show and write comics at the same time.
    Give me King, Priest, Ram V, or even Williamson and I'd be happy. I'm not so desperate for a JSA monthly though that I'm interested in seeing a mediocre run. I think this has very little to do with editorial, since the new folks in charge are clearly not resistant to the idea, and that it has everything to do with creators caring enough to make a good pitch.

I know Morrison said they were done with DC stuff, but they would be amazing on JSA. I feel similarly about Priest.

I'm not sure I'd even be all that keen on Johns writing them again. His comic book writing hasn't just been chronically late over recent years, I also feel like it's been chronically disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of giving me Jeff Lemire Black Hammer vibes.
    This is the first, second, and third reason I was disappointed to learn of Lemire's Image exclusive. Anyone that can create a world like Black Hammer could do wonders for JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    After reading this thread, I have mixed emotions about these proposed JSA books by Johns/Hitch and Snyder. Starting off the JSA with 16+ members seems like a bit of a stretch. 10 or 12 would be a more reasonable number. Hitch's art may have soured the book for me as his female characters are much less impressive than his male characters. Snyder's portrayal of the JSA in his JLA run was mediocre at best. They didn't really do anything of importance and their personalities were rather bland. Hopefully someone with some good ideas and an A or B-list artist give us a JSA book this year. The wait has been excruciating.
    Snyder's JSA wasn't JSA. They were props in a bland story and they hardly even spoke. I'm ambivalent about a Johns JSA but I would hate a Snyder JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you take a look at Johns creator owned work it’s all pretty clearly repurposed ideas he had for DC characters. Geiger feels like a retooled pitch for Atomic Knights for example. Guess he realized that given how precarious his situation is at WB/DC these days he better start building up stories he actually owns because they may drop him at any moment. Personally I just hope this means they’re not locking characters/teams away from anyone anymore because Johns wanted to use them but Tom King still can’t touch Sgt. Rock and I still think that’s because Johns called “dibbs”, meaning there’s still people in editorial that treat him as the golden boy
    well he still is somehow, Three Joker was a massive hit, I don't see anyone at DC that can even come close to those numbers.

Wow. With the exception of Wally West, The JSA is about the only reason I give a damn about DC. Well looks like I can keep saving money.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 01-12-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Nope, I don't like that at all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    I don't think they will relaunch. I think they thought that was a hot character, but in the end it didn't really go anywhere, so they'll just feature her where they can.

That's the problem with these new diverse characters that come out. Typically, no one seems to have too much long term plan for them. I think they're made with the mostly singular and somewhat shallow hope that someone will adapt them in some streaming venture, or whatnot.
    In this case, Yara was being developed as a show for The CW, but they eventually scrapped it.

And I'm assuming they'll relaunch or redevelop a new book for her. I thought her book had rather solid sales, and if anything, momentum was killed by Joelle Jones being unable to keep to schedule.

They'd originally had an 8th issue scheduled- which I'm going to assume was cut as not to interfere with Trial of the Amazons. They're giving her tie-in issues to the event, so it seems they're still supporting Yara as a character.

She might be put on a team book.
    BTW her funko POP is very cool
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Wow. With the exception of Wally West, The JSA is about the only reason I give a damn about DC. Well looks like I can keep saving money.
    There are several things DC could put out that would make me happy.

Doubt they'll do any of them, and even if they did, they'd probably find a way to screw them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    I don't think they will relaunch. I think they thought that was a hot character, but in the end it didn't really go anywhere, so they'll just feature her where they can.

That's the problem with these new diverse characters that come out. Typically, no one seems to have too much long term plan for them. I think they're made with the mostly singular and somewhat shallow hope that someone will adapt them in some streaming venture, or whatnot.
    She is selling more than Wonder Woman, makes no sense to just cancel the book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I’m guessing they’ll relaunch her as Yara Flor: WW or something similar.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She is selling more than Wonder Woman, makes no sense to just cancel the book.
    At the moment sure but WG #4 (according to the most recent data from Comichron) is only about ranked #76 to the main WW title's #78 in the same month.

Maybe it will regain ground if DC can get it back on schedule but this book has bled readers.