Page 57 of 229 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn. How would Tom King inevitably ruin Mr. Terrific? And how would BatmanJones inevitably be the lone voice defending it?

BANNED

New title for John Stewart to be launched later in the year

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...ights-in-2022/

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Damn. How would Tom King inevitably ruin Mr. Terrific? And how would BatmanJones inevitably be the lone voice defending it?
    He already wrote Holt in Strange Adventures and his take there was great.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Whatever changes are made to the Lanterns, there's no way they're doing a GL book without having the name "Green Lantern" in the title, especially if this would be the lead GL book going forward. Even the secondary Rebirth GL title was called "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps", here they will have the lead GL title and not call it GL? Please. Either way I'm tired of "The Corps is gone" or "The corps is different" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Whatever changes are made to the Lanterns, there's no way they're doing a GL book without having the name "Green Lantern" in the title, especially if this would be the lead GL book going forward. Even the secondary Rebirth GL title was called "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps", here they will have the lead GL title and not call it GL? Please. Either way I'm tired of "The Corps is gone" or "The corps is different" stuff.
    What if they give Jo the main GL book?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What if they give Jo the main GL book?
    I thought about that but wouldn't this "scoop" have mentioned that? They do mention this could be the lead GL title going forward, which is why I brought up the very strange notion of having the lead GL title not being called GL.

Though I guess if BC does know something about another GL title, they would give you another article to click on after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    New title for John Stewart to be launched later in the year

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...ights-in-2022/
    Nice! This answers my curiosity on what kind of development John will be getting with these powers.

Well it did say it's speculation. And it was based off of John's alias on the cover. I don't see the Green Lantern brand being replaced. Even if that's the case, it's only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Well it did say it's speculation. And it was based off of John's alias on the cover. I don't see the Green Lantern brand being replaced. Even if that's the case, it's only temporarily.
    Not that it would replace the GL brand, just the very idea of having the only GL title not using the name GL sounds very strange to me. Since they mention this would be launched in 2022, meaning before Dark Crisis is over, I guess I could see this being a miniseries of sorts until the whole Dark Crisis ordeal is over and leads to a "proper" GL title afterwards.

Not that it would replace the GL brand, just the very idea of having the only GL title not using the name GL sounds very strange to me. Since they mention this would be launched in 2022, meaning before Dark Crisis is over, I guess I could see this being a miniseries of sorts until the whole Dark Crisis ordeal is over and leads to a "proper" GL title afterwards.
    I agree, it would be strange.

I think that would make the most sense as far as this being a mini series and it leads to another GL title right after Dark Crisis is concluded.

The Aquaman fan account on Twitter that seems to have an inside source on all Aquanews has said Aquamen is ending with issue 6. They deleted the tweet, I’m guessing because they implied it was due to DotJL and I don’t think that’s true.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Aquaman fan account on Twitter that seems to have an inside source on all Aquanews has said Aquamen is ending with issue 6. They deleted the tweet, I’m guessing because they implied it was due to DotJL and I don’t think that’s true.
    I always felt like it had a short shelf life for one reason or another (Arthur getting written out with Dark Crisis, it being another vehicle to push Jackson, bad sales, etc.).

Damn, is it really doing that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always felt like it had a short shelf life for one reason or another (Arthur getting written out with Dark Crisis, it being another vehicle to push Jackson, bad sales, etc.).
    I think sales are the real reason, apparently issue 1 didn’t even chart in the top 200 the month came out? That sucks, god damn are people really just not enjoying the Thomas/Brown take? Least Arthur has that Ram V book coming.

I think sales are the real reason, apparently issue 1 didn’t even chart in the top 200 the month came out? That sucks, god damn are people really just not enjoying the Thomas/Brown take? Least Arthur has that Ram V book coming.

I haven't read any of it myself, but I've seen some less than positive reactions to the Jackson/Manta mini's that led into it, but the reception was more positive here, so hard to gauge what people feel about it.