Page 6 of 229 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m guessing they’ll relaunch her as Yara Flor: WW or something similar.
    They say "Wonder Girl" so I don't foresee a re-branding, but they've got Jon and Jace, so I guess they may as well just call her another Wonder Woman at this point. Diana's still got the main book.

I wonder if Jones will still be on the title.

Regarding the Justice Society, the Black Adam movie drops in late July this year (barring delays) with the JSA prominently featured. I wouldn't be surprised if DC has someone in place (if not now, then soon) to do a JSA book that drops either right before or right after the film comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m guessing they’ll relaunch her as Yara Flor: WW or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    At the moment sure but WG #4 (according to the most recent data from Comichron) is only about ranked #76 to the main WW title's #78 in the same month.

Maybe it will regain ground if DC can get it back on schedule but this book has bled readers.
    Those are my guesses too. DC needs to sort out how to make her book get out on time and it would make sense for her to get a "Wonder Woman" rebranding, even if I feel "Girl" fits her better. It just seems more in line with DC's plans for the new trinity.

And as far as I remember Trial was always supposed to shake the Wonder line up, so new #1s wouldn't be surprising.

Astonishing Member

They're just relaunching her as the new Wonder Woman, even if they're not satisfied with her sales it makes no sense to get rid of new character so soon. I won't rule out this possibility since it's DC we're talking about, but it's really too soon.
    I reckon Jones will be just writer at this point.

Yeah, she is probably getting Yara: WW or I AM WW or some similar title. Still, this all looks bad and badly coordinated.

Incredible Member

So far none of the new FS characters seems to be doing very well. Jon is probably in the best place right now, and is still enjoying the big bi revelation. Yara was doing okay but lost a lot of readers and now sells like WW. We have data only for Jace's second issue on Comichorn, but he doesn't seem to be doing very well in bat standards, even for a secondary Bat character.

Astonishing Member

In digital sales Jace is doing worse than any of them, on comixology he's always really low in the top. No idea about physical sales, zero and first issues were pretty high (like always with first issues), second issue was doing better than Jon and Yara issues, no idea how it's doing now, since Comichron doesn't have a data yet, but it's typical for sales to fall down each month, so I guess now it's even lower. But the problem is, people practically don't talk about him, especially comparing to Jon. He is objectively the most unpopular among those new wave of legacy characters, and DC themselves don't help, they didn't even put him on promotional materials, like that vaccination campaign art, for instance, even though Jon and Yara were there.
    But on the other hand, there is a difference here - Ridley himself made it clear, that Jace is not a replacement, not a heir or an apprentice, but rather a different, more local and street-level take on Batman, he even got him out of Gotham to make that point. On contrary, Jon and, I guess, Yara as well, clearly were set-up as potential heirs, so for them sales and popularity among fanbase are more crucial, I think.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 01-13-2022 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They say "Wonder Girl" so I don't foresee a re-branding, but they've got Jon and Jace, so I guess they may as well just call her another Wonder Woman at this point. Diana's still got the main book.

I wonder if Jones will still be on the title.
    DC is doing a sneak 5G expansion without getting rid of the classic characters.

At this point we have a new Batman, Superman and Aquaman, also Jo is already Green Lantern for a while now. ​Wonder Wonder will probably follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    At the moment sure but WG #4 (according to the most recent data from Comichron) is only about ranked #76 to the main WW title's #78 in the same month.

Maybe it will regain ground if DC can get it back on schedule but this book has bled readers.
    Still is a book that sells relatively well, DC and Joelle inconsistency with the schedule are hurting the book.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-13-2022 at 04:35 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    DC is doing a sneak 5G expansion without getting rid of the classic characters.

At this point we have a new Batman, Superman and Aquaman, also Jo is already Green Lantern for a while now. ​Wonder Wonder will probably follow suit.
    I think that the problem of this 5G expansion is the lack of interest in most of these characters.
    The Future state Gotham book is one of the lower selling bat-books right now.
    Aquaman with Jackson is an incredibly low seller by any standard, the Wonder Girl book lost its momentum (I guess trials of the amazons will try to relaunch her again), Jace's book didn't align with the current continuity and is now moving him to NY in an attempt to rebrand himself, but at this point, it's really unclear how Jace is planning to be his own man while still using another person's mantle.
    Jon, again, seems to be doing fine now, but it's too soon to say.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Regarding the Justice Society, the Black Adam movie drops in late July this year (barring delays) with the JSA prominently featured. I wouldn't be surprised if DC has someone in place (if not now, then soon) to do a JSA book that drops either right before or right after the film comes out.
    I would. But if they do, I imagine it will be a somewhat...different JSA, led by Black Adam, with Hawkman, Cyclone, Atom Smasher, and Dr. Fate. DC has no imagination.

Future State Gotham doesn't really have anything to do with 5G at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They're just relaunching her as the new Wonder Woman, even if they're not satisfied with her sales it makes no sense to get rid of new character so soon. I won't rule out this possibility since it's DC we're talking about, but it's really too soon.
    I reckon Jones will be just writer at this point.
    If they do that, then the current series was effectively named after Cassie Sandsmark. Yara hasn't even officially taken the Wonder Girl name yet!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I would. But if they do, I imagine it will be a somewhat...different JSA, led by Black Adam, with Hawkman, Cyclone, Atom Smasher, and Dr. Fate. DC has no imagination.
    They'd be wise to include the cast of Stargirl as well - Stargirl, Hourman, Doctor Mid-Nite, Wildcat, Jade, Jakeem Thunder, and Obsidian. In the pre-Flashpoint comics, Cyclone was Stargirl's best friend.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We are getting the solicits tomorrow?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I think we might be getting some announcements tomorrow, both Tim Sheridan and Jeremy Adams on Twitter about how Friday has a big announcement. Not sure what it could be but considering these are the Titans and Flash writers maybe something post Earth-3?

https://mobile.twitter.com/iamtimshe...59377890086913

https://mobile.twitter.com/spacekick...50489195249665
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.