Page 66 of 229 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

I guess Mary and Booster being there means Billy and Ted must have been turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I guess Mary and Booster being there means Billy and Ted must have been turned.
    Got to be honest, I assumed when we first saw Booster Gold in the original miniseries that he was some sort of secret vampire from the future
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So, Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress and Batwoman? Sounds good, but Babs is already in two books (Nightwing and Batgirls) and Dinah is off the board due to Dark Crisis, so a classic BOP isn't currently possible.
    I think Babs as Oracle can make appearances in several book, since she is generally the one behind the desk.

If Dinah is of the board there are a lot of characters that had a recurring role in the original run that could be still used. Dinah 'death' could actually be the motivational factor for reestablishing the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    As long as they don't find a way to shoehorn in Harley, I'd pick that up too!
    Agreed. Keep Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad or reboot Gotham City Sirens

Incredible Member

Wait, so Dc Vs. Vampires has become its own sub-franchise?

I guess you could they are trying to... Bleed it dry.

*insert laugh track*

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Got to be honest, I assumed when we first saw Booster Gold in the original miniseries that he was some sort of secret vampire from the future
    If the vampires win and the future is theirs, does Booster automatically (and retroactively) become a vampire (without being turned) when the timeline changes?
    Last edited by Zagre; 04-14-2022 at 06:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm reading IGN Flashpoint Beyond interview and....

"We focus mostly on Thomas, but also a lot of other characters, including Bruce. There's a scene with Bruce and Barry Allen in issue #1 that'll shed some light on exactly what Bruce is up to and maybe why it's so dangerous."

Getting back to the idea of why Flashpoint needed a sequel, Johns hints at the idea that this series is telling a much bigger story than just Thomas Wayne's return to his original timeline. The series is playing with the very idea of time in the DC multiverse.

You know...

It's confusing enough when one writer play with the concept of time and space for an event (or if it's multiple, at least usually they're working together for just one story)

Now we have two writers doing that at the same time in different corners of the same Omniverse

Oh that’s pretty awesome, I hope Dreamer stays on the book as a friend to Jon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"There's a moment in [issue #0] where we introduce this concept called the Divine Continuum, which is something that I love - the Crisis events and the multiverse events - all that stuff is great, but it's been done a lot and it's taken up a lot of the epic nature of DC," Johns says. "But I think there's more than the multiverse, and if you look at the Divine Continuum, it's broken into two parts, space and time. And space is really the multiverse and the parallel Earths and the Dark Multiverse and the Omniverse and all that stuff, but there is more to it."

"There's a concept that Mark Waid introduced and Grant Morrison played with that I always found fascinating called Hypertime. You have space and time and so as a lot of these events deal with space, Flashpoint and Flashpoint Beyond deal with time and time travel. There was an event after the original Crisis called Legends, and I loved Legends so much because it was a very grounded in character and it took obscure characters and it reintroduced the Suicide Squad way back when and Wally West is the Flash and Blue Beetle and all these great characters, and it really grounded everything in the DC Universe. It made it more emotion-based, and to me that's more interesting than doing just high concept."

Oh great. New term. At least it's simple enough that Divine continuum = All space (Omniverse) + All time (Hypertime)

"There will be books and stories that spin out of this into the greater DC Universe, some of them featuring characters that haven't been at the forefront for quite a while that I'm excited to see," Johns teases. "But it'll do it in a very focused way on this side of history and time. And that's something I've always loved with DC Universe is the vast history of it going back to the '40s with the original to Justice Society and all the way to the future with the Legion of Super Heroes. But it is a storyline that is going to explore hopefully a different facet of the DCU that we haven't seen for a while."

Hmm... more expansion... wonder which Earth, Time, or Verse this will be pulled from... it's not gonna be limited to characters from Flashpoint because of certain characters also existing in that world...
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-14-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Oh that’s pretty awesome, I hope Dreamer stays on the book as a friend to Jon.
    Maybe it would be a way to bring in the Legion of Superheroes. I'm glad Dreamer is migrating to the mainstream comic DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Maybe it would be a way to bring in the Legion of Superheroes. I'm glad Dreamer is migrating to the mainstream comic DCU.
    I mean in the Supergirl show it’s true Dreamer is a legion member but would ff even bother doing that in comics continuity?
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "There's a moment in [issue #0] where we introduce this concept called the Divine Continuum, which is something that I love - the Crisis events and the multiverse events - all that stuff is great, but it's been done a lot and it's taken up a lot of the epic nature of DC," Johns says. "But I think there's more than the multiverse, and if you look at the Divine Continuum, it's broken into two parts, space and time. And space is really the multiverse and the parallel Earths and the Dark Multiverse and the Omniverse and all that stuff, but there is more to it."

"There's a concept that Mark Waid introduced and Grant Morrison played with that I always found fascinating called Hypertime. You have space and time and so as a lot of these events deal with space, Flashpoint and Flashpoint Beyond deal with time and time travel. There was an event after the original Crisis called Legends, and I loved Legends so much because it was a very grounded in character and it took obscure characters and it reintroduced the Suicide Squad way back when and Wally West is the Flash and Blue Beetle and all these great characters, and it really grounded everything in the DC Universe. It made it more emotion-based, and to me that's more interesting than doing just high concept."

Oh great. New term. At least it's simple enough that Divine continuum = All space (Omniverse) + All time (Hypertime)

"There will be books and stories that spin out of this into the greater DC Universe, some of them featuring characters that haven't been at the forefront for quite a while that I'm excited to see," Johns teases. "But it'll do it in a very focused way on this side of history and time. And that's something I've always loved with DC Universe is the vast history of it going back to the '40s with the original to Justice Society and all the way to the future with the Legion of Super Heroes. But it is a storyline that is going to explore hopefully a different facet of the DCU that we haven't seen for a while."

Hmm... more expansion... wonder which Earth, Time, or Verse this will be pulled from... it's not gonna be limited to characters from Flashpoint because of certain characters also existing in that world...
    This sounds very promising.

I remember previous 'ideas' that sounded as promising or more....and here we are.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 04-14-2022 at 08:04 AM.

I mean in the Supergirl show it’s true Dreamer is a legion member but would ff even bother doing that in comics continuity?
    Dreamer isn't a Legionnaire, she's an ancestor of Dream Girl (same deal as Phantom Girl from the Terrifics). There was a lot of angst in the finale about Brainy having to leave her to go back to the Legion's future.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dreamer isn't a Legionnaire, she's an ancestor of Dream Girl (same deal as Phantom Girl from the Terrifics). There was a lot of angst in the finale about Brainy having to leave her to go back to the Legion's future.
    Oh! My bad

Why did I think Dreamer was just an OC member of the Legion they made up for that show?
    Words to live by.

Apparently all these one-shots wasn’t enough, here comes 6 issue miniseries DC vs Vampires all out war. This stars John Constantine who is apparently the leader of the surviving humans and he’s leading a team to war, that team made up of Mary Marvel, Booster Gold, Azrael, Bane, Deathstroke, and Deadman. Oh and the miniseries will be in all Black and white like Future State Gotham.

https://www.gamesradar.com/booster-g...s-all-out-war/

Written by the main writer Matthew Rosenberg and Alex Paknadel. Art is by Pasquale Qualano and there is a back-up by Guillaume Singelin.
    That team is pretty boring but I guess I might pick it up. Way too many Bat characters on it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Glad that Paknadel is getting some DC work, but thats a really lame premise.