Page 67 of 229 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3423
    BANNED

Tom King's Danger Street cancelled

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...rkseid-orders/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Seems like they’re still going to resolicit at a later date however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Tamaki did an awfal job in shadows of the bat, and made the entire bat family (excluding Huntress, who she admitted to like) completely stupid and/or incompetent so that Bruce could come back to save the day. I want her as far away from the batfamily as possible.
    And after the way she wrote the Titans in I'm not starfire, I want her as far away from the Titans as well.
    Agree to disagree. I thought the whole thing was pretty great up until, as you mentioned, Bruce swooped in to save the day. I did roll my eyes a bit. However I'd bet money that it was editorially mandated for her to bring him back in some fashion before the arc wrapped.

And tbh, that's kinda DC's wider M.O. for years now - make anyone and everyone look stupid compared to the Almighty Bat.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seems likely, he was still tweeting about it as of yesterday https://mobile.twitter.com/TomKingTK...43603027550214

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Agree to disagree. I thought the whole thing was pretty great up until, as you mentioned, Bruce swooped in to save the day. I did roll my eyes a bit. However I'd bet money that it was editorially mandated for her to bring him back in some fashion before the arc wrapped.

And tbh, that's kinda DC's wider M.O. for years now - make anyone and everyone look stupid compared to the Almighty Bat.
    It really wasn't just Batman sweeping in to save the day that ruined the event. The Batfamily, and especially Oracle and Nightwing, were dumbed down to an emberassing degree.
    Oracle was completely incompetent. She couldn't hack, she couldn't find out Wear's credentials were stolen or fo any detective work, she was clueless and was in the book mostly to deliver occasional exposition or details about the plot.
    As for Nightwing, he was nerfed and acted like he never fought a single opponent or solved a mystery in his life. it was literally embarrassing to read him there. While Huntress was able to fight Dr Freeze while injured, Nightwing, the world's best acrobat, literally slipped on ice and fell into a hole in the ground and was taken hostahe, after he wasn't able to win a single fight or even hold his own against the most basic opponens. He was mostly in the book just to say how great Huntress was, how he admires her, and how he fell in love with her. Nightwing was literarily Batman before, he's the most experienced batfamily member, but in this book he was mostly just the damsel in distress.
    Tamaki's batfamily were completely inexperienced and incompetent. It's not surprising the book's last issues fell off the top 50 chart. I really hope she won't get to write them again.

Tamaki did an awfal job in shadows of the bat, and made the entire bat family (excluding Huntress, who she admitted to like) completely stupid and/or incompetent so that Bruce could come back to save the day. I want her as far away from the batfamily as possible.
    And after the way she wrote the Titans in I'm not starfire, I want her as far away from the Titans as well.
    I don't think the Titans were egregiously bad in I'm not Starfire from what I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Apparently all these one-shots wasn’t enough, here comes 6 issue miniseries DC vs Vampires all out war. This stars John Constantine who is apparently the leader of the surviving humans and he’s leading a team to war, that team made up of Mary Marvel, Booster Gold, Azrael, Bane, Deathstroke, and Deadman. Oh and the miniseries will be in all Black and white like Future State Gotham.

https://www.gamesradar.com/booster-g...s-all-out-war/

Written by the main writer Matthew Rosenberg and Alex Paknadel. Art is by Pasquale Qualano and there is a back-up by Guillaume Singelin.
    This basically feels like DCeased the Unkillables with a similar cast. I'm almost surprised Tom Taylor isn't writing it.

Looks like they're using the new Shaner costume for Mary.
    I guess it makes sense she'd show up in Jon's comic without a Supergirl book on the stands. I wonder if she'll start showing up anywhere else.

Apparently all these one-shots wasn’t enough, here comes 6 issue miniseries DC vs Vampires all out war. This stars John Constantine who is apparently the leader of the surviving humans and he’s leading a team to war, that team made up of Mary Marvel, Booster Gold, Azrael, Bane, Deathstroke, and Deadman. Oh and the miniseries will be in all Black and white like Future State Gotham.

https://www.gamesradar.com/booster-g...s-all-out-war/

Written by the main writer Matthew Rosenberg and Alex Paknadel. Art is by Pasquale Qualano and there is a back-up by Guillaume Singelin.
    That team is pretty boring but I guess I might pick it up. Way too many Bat characters on it.
    I'm only seeing two Bat-related characters. One's a villain, and one's not playing with a full deck.

NOTE: Re: Shadows of the Bat =
    It really wasn't just Batman sweeping in to save the day that ruined the event. The Batfamily, and especially Oracle and Nightwing, were dumbed down to an emberassing degree...
    Somebody re-did Batman: Death of the Family?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This basically feels like DCeased the Unkillables with a similar cast. I'm almost surprised Tom Taylor isn't writing it.

Looks like they're using the new Shaner costume for Mary.
    Gonna give them one thing: they seem to be putting more care into this than Dceased, at least when it comes to assembling talent. They've got a good writer (Redfork was pretty good) to co-write who is also a horror guy instead of getting someone random or using the main writer to churn out spin-offs and sequels like a machine (which is what they did with Taylor for the zombies and it really showed, specially by the time of Dead Planet and World's End) and the artist's pretty good with a style somewhat similar to the main artist. It even has a backup by Guillaume Singelin, who is awesome. Let's see if it pays off, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Seems likely, he was still tweeting about it as of yesterday https://mobile.twitter.com/TomKingTK...43603027550214
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...23475562369026

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

DC Comics expands ‘Batman: White Knight’ universe with ‘Red Hood’

I feel like this was already announced? Not sure why AIPT posted it as news today.
    Last edited by Hypo; 04-14-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Where are Scooby and Shaggy?

DC Comics expands ‘Batman: White Knight’ universe with ‘Red Hood’

I feel like this was already announced? Not sure why AIPT posted it as news today.
    I kinda wish they left it alone after the first series but can't bleed it dry that way.

The Green team? Lady Cop? Okay King .

Oh! My bad

Why did I think Dreamer was just an OC member of the Legion they made up for that show?
    She is an OC character. Just not actually a Legionnaire - Nura Nal, Dream Girl from the Legion, was mentioned but never appeared. Brainy didn't want Nura and Nia to meet, for obvious reasons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman