Page 70 of 229 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3423

I’m not sure one letter in the book’s name really made such an impact on the sales of Aquamen.
    Something about the concept and creative team just didn’t gel with readers, it seems.

To be honest, the quality of Green Arrow team-up mini might have turned readers away. Or even the Becoming, which was ok but not the best introduction to the elements surrounding Jackson. The series starts as if every reader knows all about Xebel, with very little context.
    If the preceding minis can’t stand on their own, maybe they weren’t the best series to build up excitement for an ongoing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m not sure one letter in the book’s name really made such an impact on the sales of Aquamen.
    Something about the concept and creative team just didn’t gel with readers, it seems.

To be honest, the quality of Green Arrow team-up mini might have turned readers away. Or even the Becoming, which was ok but not the best introduction to the elements surrounding Jackson. The series starts as if every reader knows all about Xebel, with very little context.
    If the preceding minis can’t stand on their own, maybe they weren’t the best series to build up excitement for an ongoing.
    Here is the thing I am not hearing folks talk about the content in said books. It's more attacks on the creative team versus anything else.

Folks acting like Jackson had all this stuff before that mini. He did not. Thomas took horse ish and did the best that he could.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the thing I am not hearing folks talk about the content in said books. It's more attacks on the creative team versus anything else.

Folks acting like Jackson had all this stuff before that mini. He did not. Thomas took horse ish and did the best that he could.
    Why always the need to blame everything on "fan hate"? Could it be that these people simply did not do a good enough of a job to keep the fans' attention. According to you any time a book is canceled, especially if it features a diverse protagonist, it absolutely must be because of bigoted fans who hate the character or the creative team, that also conveniently happens to be comprised of diverse creators. On one hand I always hear that fans like that are some fringe minority whose efforts are entirely inconsequential, on the other hand everything is somehow suddenly always their fault no matter how irrelevant they are supposed to be. Both DC and the creative teams should be held accountable if they don't deliver, DC if they didn't promote the book well enough and the creative team if they didn't deliver quality work. But for god's sake enough with this "fan vitriol" nonsense. Good quality books always manage to find an audience, poor quality books don't. In this particular case it seems like people were simply not impressed by the book's quality.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-17-2022 at 09:03 AM.

BANNED

Tee Franklyn will be writing further Harley Quinn books

"Since Harley Quinn's trending, DC & I figured what better time to tease a brand new #HarleyQuinn project, written by me, coming SOON to @DCComics! Keep your peepers peeped for more details, y'all. Almost a year ago I tweeted this and now I get to tell more Harley Quinn stories! "SURPRISE!!!!!!!! I'm writing #HarleyQuinn" I'm sooo glad y'all are excited for more Harley Quinn written by me."

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tee-...comics-for-dc/

I guess it makes sense since it sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Tee Franklyn will be writing further Harley Quinn books

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tee-...comics-for-dc/
    So are we going to get more lusty bi Vixen and everyone giving Harley and Ivy a pass for their crimes because they're #couplegoals?

In all seriousness though I liked the comic so I don't mind more of it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

I'd be one of those readers. I really enjoyed the first issue of The Becoming, then found myself completely lost as to what the hell was happening in subsequent issues, which, coupled with the inconsistent art, sapped any interest I had in continuing on to Aquamen.

https://twitter.com/mattsontomlin/st...cSgcIOQDvjKkhQ
    Apropos of nothing… I am so excited for you guys to see what Lee Bermejo and I have been up to… ��
    Sequel to Imposter incoming?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Excellent news if that's what it ends up being.

Extraordinary Member

From July's solicits:

BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD’S FINEST #5
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art and cover by DAN MORA
    Variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    1:25 variant cover by PETE WOODS
    1:50 variant cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/19/22

THE FIRST ARC OF WORLD’S FINEST CONCLUDES WITH A SHOCKING FORESHADOWING OF DCU EVENTS TO COME!

The sinister machinations of the devil Nezha have run ragged the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight ever since he made his first terri fying debut in Detective Comics #1050…but what secrets does this villain hold for the future of the DCU? Clues abound for the next big DCU series in this climactic final chapter to the first arc of World’s Finest!
    So something is spinning out of that presumably.

Is this a Knightfall flashback? Is that supposed to be Tim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    From July's solicits:

In case anyone was still curious why it was set in the main continuity and how a comic set in the past would have any impact...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this a Knightfall flashback? Is that supposed to be Tim?
    Looks like Damian to me.

From doing Action with PKJ back to Batman when that got scuttled. Oh well. Two-Face being there makes me think this is Dick.
    From July's solicits:

Hm I wonder what? Maybe something with Supergirl since everyone else has their own books (though I’m sure DC wouldn’t turn down a Batman book from Waid).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like Damian to me.
    I only ask because I feel like that scene with Robin and Two-Face happened during Knightfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From doing Action with PKJ back to Batman when that got scuttled. Oh well. Two-Face being there makes me think this is Dick.
    Is that Dan Mora's new Dick!Robin costume?