Page 74 of 229 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3423
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Red Lantern Supergirl was a bad idea.
    Red Lantern Supergirl was a squandered idea

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    But after the DC bloodbath and the ejection of some of those who had a big problem with Johns, he has now returned incrementally
    Lol wonder if Didio and Harras were the ones pissed at him, likely for how long it took Doomsday Clock to come out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Dan DiDio, Bob Harass, Ray Fisher, Joss Whedon... Geoff Johns has survived more Crisis events than anyone in the DCU. lol

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Bleeding Cool understands that the Justice Society Of America will be appearing in future issues of Flashpoint Beyond written by Geoff Johns"

He said he will be using characters long unseen but JSA was not what I expected since they already returned in Snyder-Williamson run
    That said they're still rarely used

I’ll wait and see what happens, hopefully I get lucky and it comes true.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If all we're getting is a Stargirl mini, that's actually a major bummer after so long without a proper JSA book.
    Both Stargirl AND JSA deserve their own ONGOINGS.
    I really wish DC would let other writers other than Johns take a crack at the JSA. His involvement always ties the JSA's return to his next nonsensical event, and we never get a proper follow up because he's too busy to commit even thought he never actually lets go of them.

I don't know, to me it sounds a bit like BC is trying to spin it as JSA news because they wrote a lot about JSA totally coming back at one point or another. At the moment my expectation is that in 2023 we will get Stargirl mini that will have some JSA members as supporting characters. Same likely to happen in Flashpoint Beyond.

Astonishing Member

It’s also funny that Stargirl’s only getting a new mini now that her show might get the axe

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It’s also funny that Stargirl’s only getting a new mini now that her show might get the axe
    To be fair the only axe around here seems to be the one you have to grind against Johns all the time for some reason. That seems kind of unhealthy brah. FWIW Stargirl has better ratings than Batwoman and often beats LoT, two other shows that haven't gotten renewals yet, while it's often on par with the current season of The Flash. It would seem rather odd if they cancelled it. Though I guess it can also depend on what new DC shows they're doing. I could see Gotham Knights taking Stargirl's place if it does get the axe.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-29-2022 at 11:33 AM.

I suspect there might be some reshuffle in general when the deal with Discovery wraps up.

Gonna wait and see, but I'm not optimistic.

From the Bleeding Cool article:
    . . . But that was then, Bleeding Cool understands that the Justice Society Of America will be appearing in future issues of Flashpoint Beyond written by Geoff Johns. And that Stargirl will be getting a six-issue limited series which will include the JSA. And the new JSA team will include Huntress, even though she exists in another current form in the DC Universe. Maybe Dark Crisis or Flashpoint Beyond will be able to sort that one out?
    We presume Geoff Johns will be writing, and understand that the artistic creative team are still at the design stage. But it's happening, either at the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023. Honest this time. Cross fingers.
    There are sooooooooooooo many things that could just lead nowhere from there (unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Not renewed does not equal axed. Season 3 hasn't even aired yet, that's probably why we don't know if season 4 is happening yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I suspect there might be some reshuffle in general when the deal with Discovery wraps up.
    It's already wrapped up. Their first act was to shut down the one month old CNN+ service!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dare we hope for something?
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Red Lantern Supergirl was a bad idea.
    New 52 Kara was an interesting experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Dan DiDio, Bob Harass, Ray Fisher, Joss Whedon... Geoff Johns has survived more Crisis events than anyone in the DCU. lol
    I thought Johns got along with everybody but it seems like he has as many enemies as Didio did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair the only axe around here seems to be the one you have to grind against Johns all the time for some reason. That seems kind of unhealthy brah. FWIW Stargirl has better ratings than Batwoman and often beats LoT, two other shows that haven't gotten renewals yet, while it's often on par with the current season of The Flash. It would seem rather odd if they cancelled it. Though I guess it can also depend on what new DC shows they're doing. I could see Gotham Knights taking Stargirl's place if it does get the axe.
    I was more talking about the CW shows outside S&L all being in the air between the Discovery Merger and the CW sale