Page 78 of 229 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Orin just never fits for me because he was born and raised as Arthur Curry and that's his name. I guess it can be a "Kal-El" situation but I tend to not think of it that way.
    Isn't that exactly what it is? Orin is his Atlantean name and Arthur is his human one. They could do the same for his successor. Seems odd to me that the former Aqualad is called Kaldur'ahm in the Young Justice show but Jackson Hyde in the comics. Make it both. Kaldur as his Atlantean name and Jackson as his human name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't know what you're trying to say/ask?
    Because I think there's a properly Aquaman tread for all this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't that exactly what it is? Orin is his Atlantean name and Arthur is his human one. They could do the same for his successor. Seems odd to me that the former Aqualad is called Kaldur'ahm in the Young Justice show but Jackson Hyde in the comics. Make it both. Kaldur as his Atlantean name and Jackson as his human name.
    Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't established Kaldur as a name in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Because I think there's a properly Aquaman tread for all this discussion.
    Eh, this thread is really news/rumors/general DC discussion.

Extraordinary Member

The August-debuting Sword of Azrael #1 is written by Dan Watters and illustrated by Nikola Čižmešija. If that creative team sounds familiar, it should - Watters and Čižmešija paired on the 'Sword of Azrael: Dark Knight of the Soul' three-part serialized story from Batman: Urban Legends #8-10 that leads into the new Sword of Azrael six-part series.

And despite picking up the sword again, Jean-Paul is doing so reluctantly. But hey, this is comic books. Retirement, like death, is usually only a temporary gig.

"The warrior angel of St. Dumas returns!" reads DC's description of the new series. "Jean-Paul Valley does not want to be Azrael ever again. All it has brought him is pain, violence, and misery. He has sequestered himself away at a monastery in Europe to find peace. But when a young woman who claims to have the same System programming that made Jean-Paul into Azrael arrives at the monastery, he won't have a choice but to don his violent mantle of Azrael once more to protect her from the deadly assassins who wish her harm."
    And in case any Azrael fans missed the Batman: Urban Legends serialized story, DC is collecting it in the 40-page one-shot Sword of Azrael: Dark Knight of the Soul #1 also by Watters and Čižmešija with a cover by Čižmešija and a variant cover by Juni Ba.
    Last edited by Hypo; 05-06-2022 at 07:08 AM.

Yeah these guys love the 90s as if that wasn't obvious enough as it is. When is Kyle becoming the main GL again and Connor the new Green Arrow again. Seems like any day now.

I'm glad to see Jean-Paul finally get a book again .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to see Jean-Paul finally get a book again .
    Don’t care about Jean-Paul but I am happy Watters is getting more work. He’s great and should be someone DC gives a big book to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

BC have brought out their 'red marker' for the climax of the Wally West Dark Crisis FCBD story, apparently leaning into spoilers on who the new Justice League will inevitably be.

spoilers:
    Jon Kent, Nightwing, Aquaman 2, 2nd Blue Beetle, Mary Marvel, Booster Gold, Killer Frost, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Frankenstein
    end of spoilers

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/just...fcbd-spoilers/
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-07-2022 at 07:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"but the earliest meeting of JL are often debated" oh so that's what's they're going for

Well I said I'll wait until the script came out and they avoided mentioning if all of those are from the same timeline or not so it still can be both memory of past continuity and what happened this continuity
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-07-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "but the earliest meeting of JL are often debated" oh so that's what's they're going for

Well I said I'll wait until the script came out and they avoided mentioning if all of those are from the same timeline or not so it still can be both memory of past continuity and what happened this continuity
    Am I in the minority on hating this “everything happened” continuity? I would really prefer DC have a defenetive timeline instead of all of these things happened (maybe), just go with it approach.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Am I in the minority on hating this “everything happened” continuity? I would really prefer DC have a defenetive timeline instead of all of these things happened (maybe), just go with it approach.
    Well, if you are in the minority, I'm there with you.

Then again, DC isn't really publishing anything that is aimed at my interests these days . . .

Lots of people who say that they like it can't explain how it is supposed to function. From what I saw only very few, like Bored, like it and actually have an idea how it is supposed to work.

It just seems like an excuse for sloppy writing and inconsistency at this point.

Only real way to do that at this point is another reboot. They were going to do it with 5G, maybe they should just take the hard dates off and use that timeline still. I personally don’t care though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/