Page 98 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    . . . you’re right that there aren’t really any “superstar” writers at DC currently, they’re still trying to build up their roster.
    But by the time writers reach that "superstar" status, won't they want to move away from DC and publish more through the independent companies?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But by the time writers reach that "superstar" status, won't they want to move away from DC and publish more through the independent companies?
    Maybe, but going fully indie is a huge undertaking. Been following Tynion’s progress on that in his newsletters and he describes it as a shit ton of work. Some might not be interested in that for themselves. Others might still have stuff they want to do at DC and do DC + indie like what Williamson is seemingly going to do. And some simply don’t succeed with indie work the way they do with Big 2 work. Al Ewing was a superstar while on Immortal Hulk, he tried to launch an indie book We Only Find Them When They’re Dead and far as I can tell that book made zero impact. Not everyone succeeds going indie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And some people just like writing in the DC and Marvel sandboxes because they're fans and love the characters/histories.

I believe the rumor is that next year the big event will be magic focused so maybe they’ll hand the reigns to Ram V?
    That magic event sounds real interesting considering that since Future State we have zero magic books being published by DC. Sure, argument could be made that Swamp Thing and Wonder Woman are "magic", but that is really a stretch. Oh yeah, we had JLD backups that I think were dropped in the middle of the story?

Anyway, do we really need a "DC architect" at this point? DC is probably more interested in having "Batman architect" and maybe they should do the same for Justice League and Superman. People in general feel less interested in line wide events than they were 10 years ago.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Wait, if it's a magic event, wouldn't the most likely person be Mark Wiad? Since his upcoming batmna vs robin event focuses on magic a lot apparently and features zatanna..

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wait, if it's a magic event, wouldn't the most likely person be Mark Wiad? Since his upcoming batmna vs robin event focuses on magic a lot apparently and features zatanna..
    Could be, his Batman/Superman run has been setting up the Devil Nezha as a major DCU antagonist. Waid writing an event though… not sure how he’ll handle that, and I hope it doesn’t derail B/S if so since I’m enjoying that book. Given B/S’s success, Waid probably being eager to finally play with all the DC toys Didio wouldn’t let him touch, and that as one of the elder writers there who still has recognition as a “name” he does make the most sense.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Could be, his Batman/Superman run has been setting up the Devil Nezha as a major DCU antagonist. Waid writing an event though… not sure how he’ll handle that, and I hope it doesn’t derail B/S if so since I’m enjoying that book. Given B/S’s success, Waid probably being eager to finally play with all the DC toys Didio wouldn’t let him touch, and that as one of the elder writers there who still has recognition as a “name” he does make the most sense.
    It seems like the Nezha storyline is setting up Waid's Batman vs. Robin miniseries

So I’m a huge evil dead fan…this literally just made my day. A DC comic about Sgt. Rock fighting zombies written by ASH WILLIAMS HIMSELF! …is immediately on my pull list.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Bruce Campbell + Sgt. Rock + zombies is not something I expected, but I'm down .

Ultimate Member

Al Ewing was a superstar while on Immortal Hulk, he tried to launch an indie book We Only Find Them When They’re Dead and far as I can tell that book made zero impact. Not everyone succeeds going indie.
    Just a little FYI.....
    When most writers go to indy most of those books have a set beginning, middle and END. Like the Vertigo Books-those books were not meant to last to issue 1000.

In the case of Al Ewing that book has a final arc coming up.
    Tom Taylor's Seven Secrets ends this month at issue 18.
    Motor Crush from Burnside Batgirl ends with a trade of the unreleased issues (due to Covid).
    Farmhands at Image is nearing it's end

Most of those writers were already doing indy books when they arrived at DC and Marvel. Depending on your gender, sexuality and race-whether or not you can write is getting questioned.
    Brandon Thomas-he already got books that at Image. Same with David Walker, Tom Taylor, Tynion, Priest, Higgins, Howard, Cullen and others.

All of whom are doing diverse books without someone calling them all diversity hires like they do around here.
    So while most of these folks could do justice to a LOT of the marginalized or D-Z listers characters at Dc-those shots don't happen because SOMEONE has to take issue with it. Before the first issue gets previewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bruce Campbell + Sgt. Rock + zombies is not something I expected, but I'm down .
    No, it is Bruce Campbell + Sgt. Rock + nazi zombies + Eduardo Risso.

Only could be better if would had been... IN SPACE.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No, it is Bruce Campbell + Sgt. Rock + nazi zombies + Eduardo Risso.

Only could be better if would had been... IN SPACE.
    Yeah, but it's Zombies...Meh...I am so over Zombies and Vampires...Can't we move on to Wolfmen now? It's time we had a Howling redo!
    Last edited by krazijoe; 06-10-2022 at 12:21 PM.