Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Helena Wayne definitely for me.

I think that she has a similar problem to Power Girl. That is she has a connection to the Batman family, but the separate earths is considered confusing.
    As a result, she gets relegated to the bench. Only the JSA seems like a place to keep her, with lots of people struggling to get space.

I'm not sure how Huntress escapes that problem to be honest.
    I'd say her problem is similar to Damian. Both of them being biological kids of Bruce's pigeonholed the timeline. The Earth 2 angle is a way to get around that.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Helena Wayne definitely for me.

I think that she has a similar problem to Power Girl. That is she has a connection to the Batman family, but the separate earths is considered confusing.
    As a result, she gets relegated to the bench. Only the JSA seems like a place to keep her, with lots of people struggling to get space.

I'm not sure how Huntress escapes that problem to be honest.
    But while Power Girl survived Crisis on Infinite Earths, Helena Wayne did not.

That allowed DC to reuse the Huntress identity, but with the newly introduced Helena Bertinelli taking the place of Helena Wayne.

Pre-Crisis version.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    To be consistent, I always use Earth-Two to mean the pre-Crisis version. If I use Earth-2 or Earth 2, then you know I mean something else. It's in my imaginary style sheet (anyone who studied editing will know what I mean).
    I do the same.

The pre-Crisis Huntress was one of my very favorite characters and I was so disappointed when she was disappeared in a single panel. I feel similarly about Earth-Two Robin, erased in the same panel.

One of my major hopes for IF is that we'll see them in a story again. We already saw the pre-Crisis Huntress representing pre-Crisis "Earth-2" in a panel in the IF mini. Even though they used the "Earth-2" designation, each a correct usage for pre-Crisis as MajorHoy said, it was so clearly Helena Wayne and having her appear in that context vs. some JSA member that's gotten more recent play gave me a lot of hope for the character and what IF could be if the right creators take advantage of it.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

The pre-crisis hands down, although she was regulated to a back story feature in Wonder Woman it's a shame that DC didn't do a solo mini series or one with her and Powergirl also liked that she was a lawyer at Cranston & Grayson along with the fact she was always Huntress not Robin like the new 52 version.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    The pre-crisis hands down, although she was regulated to a back story feature in Wonder Woman it's a shame that DC didn't do a solo mini series or one with her and Powergirl also liked that she was a lawyer at Cranston & Grayson along with the fact she was always Huntress not Robin like the new 52 version.
    The interesting thing about having New 52's Earth 2 Helena being Robin was that she was that Earth's original Robin.
    There was no Dick Grayson as the 1st Robin for that world; and on that Earth 2, Helena was being raised to be a next generation hero while her parents were alive and aware of it.

Astonishing Member

I liked Helena Bertinelli, but not as much as Helena Wayne.

The post-Crisis version was not near the level of ability as her predecessor. Wayne had a genetic edge and, I think, training from two-master athletes (her parents). Bertinelli was trained by some hood -- though she later trained with the Question as well. I think the only reason we even has a post-Crisis Huntress was because the original was very popular. The parallel Earths should never have been eradicated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I liked Helena Bertinelli, but not as much as Helena Wayne.

The post-Crisis version was not near the level of ability as her predecessor. Wayne had a genetic edge and, I think, training from two-master athletes (her parents). Bertinelli was trained by some hood -- though she later trained with the Question as well. I think the only reason we even has a post-Crisis Huntress was because the original was very popular. The parallel Earths should never have been eradicated.
    I'm kind of the opposite, sacrilege for Power Girl fans as it may be; I always thought their friendship was a bit forced, a bit to 'let the girls do what we've done with the boys first, because you know, they can't have their own thing" for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'm kind of the opposite, sacrilege for Power Girl fans as it may be; I always thought their friendship was a bit forced, a bit to 'let the girls do what we've done with the boys first, because you know, they can't have their own thing" for my taste.
    But with Power Girl and Huntress, they worked as a pair because there were no other female heroes of their age who also had their backgrounds at the time. They became friends because they were the youngest JSA members at that time (Star Spangled Kid doesn't really count because he had been around in the 1940s originally). Fury and the others in Infinity Inc. hadn't been introduced yet when Kara and Helena started working together.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Jerry Ordway.

OrdwayHuntress.jpg

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Pre-Crisis for me, as I don't think anything particularly interesting has been done with the character since. Honestly, I mostly forget she was ever brought back in the New 52 and thus far she's not much of a character in Batman/Catwoman.

As this has a side thread of Helena Bertinelli vs Helena Wayne, then Bertinelli wins hands down as she's a character I enjoy reading about far more.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Definitely the original Earth 2 Helena Wayne, daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle Wayne.

All other versions are pale rip offs.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I loathe the New Fifty Two, but Huntress sported the best costume of her career.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The interesting thing about having New 52's Earth 2 Helena being Robin was that she was that Earth's original Robin.
    There was no Dick Grayson as the 1st Robin for that world; and on that Earth 2, Helena was being raised to be a next generation hero while her parents were alive and aware of it.
    Looking back that's a very good point thus rereading the mini series and Worlds Finest made me change my opinion now as to which Huntress is in the new Justice Society of America I can't wait to see who that Helena Wayne is
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Currently I like both versions, they just need more distinct designs to seperate them.