Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Huntress Earth two or Earth 2

Which version of Helena Wayne do you like. the original pre-crisis version or the new 52 version? I'm kind of torn because of the new 52 mini series & all the JLA/JSA teamups from back in the day along with America vs the JSA.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Huntress Earth two or Earth 2
    Back in the pre-CoIE days, the terms "Earth-2" and "Earth-Two" were used interchangeably for the Earth where Helena Wayne and the other Justice Society of America members came from.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 01-07-2022 at 02:26 PM.

The original pre-crisis version.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Retired

To be consistent, I always use Earth-Two to mean the pre-Crisis version. If I use Earth-2 or Earth 2, then you know I mean something else. It's in my imaginary style sheet (anyone who studied editing will know what I mean).

I like the Earth-Two Huntress best because that one had Joe Staton art. Of course, the post-Crisis Earth Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) also had Joe Staton art--but Staton's Earth-Two design felt right for that Earth, as it incorporated elements of Batwoman and Catwoman, among other influences.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Definitely the pre-Crisis version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    To be consistent, I always use Earth-Two to mean the pre-Crisis version. If I use Earth-2 or Earth 2, then you know I mean something else. It's in my imaginary style sheet (anyone who studied editing will know what I mean).
    I have seen you are not the onlyt one. And it helps to clarify between earths and eras.

I like the Earth-Two Huntress best because that one had Joe Staton art. Of course, the post-Crisis Earth Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) also had Joe Staton art--but Staton's Earth-Two design felt right for that Earth, as it incorporated elements of Batwoman and Catwoman, among other influences.
    You are forgetting the brief earth 2 Huntress than existed after the 52 weekly but befor the new52 reboot. She had some potential.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

All-New Member

Pre-crisis is best. Simple and great origin; daughter of older Batman and catwoman who followed in dads footsteps. She died in the crisis and should have stayed dead (or maybe she is). Who knows? I can’t get interested in characters that have been relaunched a dozen times

Definitely the original. I hope she’s back soon. I would have picked her instead of Thomas Wayne as the bat of Justice Incarnate.

Spectacular Member

Pre-Crisis version. The mob daughter one was just awful.

I feel like this thread should have a poll.

Anyway, I prefer the Pre Crisis Helena Wayne.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, I quite like the Helena Bertinelli character, but if it's a choice of which alternate Earth Huntress?
    Pre-Crisis Helena Wayne hands down.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I liked H. Bertilini more than H.Wayne. But I haven't read much with H. Wayne to get a feel for her. I liked the New 52 Earth 2 stuff before it went downhill. Having H.Wayne take over the Huntress mantle after Bertilini joins Spyral was my headcanon.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2022 at 10:04 AM.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Definitely the original. I hope she’s back soon. I would have picked her instead of Thomas Wayne as the bat of Justice Incarnate.
    I agree 100% although, I gotta admit that the new 52 Helena Wayne's solo story was great
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Well, I quite like the Helena Bertinelli character, but if it's a choice of which alternate Earth Huntress?
    Pre-Crisis Helena Wayne hands down.
    I agree with you on all of this. Bertinelli is a fine character with so much different yet the same about her and Wayne. As for which version of Helena Wayne I prefer, the pre-Crisis original but with the advances in how Batman is handled since Helena's introduction, the Batman and Catwoman's daughter aspect is rife with potential. It surprises me that Bat-crazed DC hasn't done more with her (Wayne).
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member

Helena Wayne definitely for me.

I think that she has a similar problem to Power Girl. That is she has a connection to the Batman family, but the separate earths is considered confusing.
    As a result, she gets relegated to the bench. Only the JSA seems like a place to keep her, with lots of people struggling to get space.

I'm not sure how Huntress escapes that problem to be honest.