Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Why not both? I adore the pre Crisis version . It's who I grew up with. I think she's a better character. I also enjoy the Bettinelli version ( but how many versions of her have we had?!?)

But I'd love Helena on a proper Earth 2, while the newer version can be on the current Earth 0/ prime Earth or whatever it's called now.

I miss the option of having various versions, who can meet and maybe even have an adventure!
    Back in the old days that worked out okay, but now they're throwing the Hyperverse(?) and all these alternate multiple universes at us to make everything even more confusing that the old, simple "Multiverse".

Astonishing Member

Hypertime. Which is old now too at this point.

Nothing DC ever did confused me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    So there are 4 now right?

Pre-Crisis Earth 2
    Post Crisis daughter of mob boss
    New 52 Earth 2
    And now Batmans daughter from the main timeline in the future

Too early to judge the new one so I will go with the Pre-Crisis Earth 2 version.
    Only 2 now, the daughter from the future and Nu52 Earth 2 one.

Pre Flashpoint Earth 2 from the 52 Multiverse wasn't the pre-crisis Earth 2.

Convergence has something contradictory, where one panel has the NU52 Earth's characters are the real Earth 2 JSA reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Hypertime. Which is old now too at this point.

Nothing DC ever did confused me.
    Not even the publishing schedule?

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I gotta say the New 52 Helena Wayne had an incredible mini series ( which the pre-crisis version should have) being the robin of the new 52 Earth 2 makes sense & I like this version but I can't wait to figure out the mystery of the new golden age with Helena Wayne in the current Justice Society book
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

They were all fine, but the first is still my favorite.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I gotta say the New 52 Helena Wayne had an incredible mini series (which the pre-crisis version should have) . . .
    In addition to appearing with the JSA in All-Star Comics (and later Adventure Comics), pre-CoIE Helena Wayne had a back-up solo feature in Wonder Woman for a while.

Most of those stories did eventually get collected in a tpb.

I really like both of them in different ways.

The original is/was conceptually fantastic and fun in carrying on the Bat legacy and her friendship with Power Girl. I love her costume too.

Helena Bertinelli is/was another great take on the Batman origin turning out differently for someone else and I liked her anti-hero status and growth/story arc over time.

It’s not really a one or the other thing for me. They’re both interesting.

BANNED

I don't know about "new 52" Huntress... To me, there's either pre-Crisis Helena Wayne or post-Crisis Helena Bertinelli; and I'm sure there's an Earth where, after the Bertinelli Huntress perished, Bruce and Selina named their daughter after her.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I like the New 52 version better because they didn't give the pre-crisis version a really good solo story or series which was a shame IMHO
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

I like the New 52 version better because they didn't give the pre-crisis version a really good solo story or series which was a shame IMHO
    Did you read back to what you said a few posts previously?
    I gotta say the New 52 Helena Wayne had an incredible mini series (which the pre-crisis version should have) being the robin of the new 52 Earth 2 makes sense & I like this version but I can't wait to figure out the mystery of the new golden age with Helena Wayne in the current Justice Society book
    Or did you read how I responded to that originally?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In addition to appearing with the JSA in All-Star Comics (and later Adventure Comics), pre-CoIE Helena Wayne had a back-up solo feature in Wonder Woman for a while.

Most of those stories did eventually get collected in a tpb.
    Here's the cover of the collected version:

According to the GCD, "Collects stories from DC Super Stars (DC, 1976 series) #17, Batman Family (DC, 1975 series) #18-20, and Wonder Woman (DC, 1942 series) #271-287, 289-290, 294-295."
    https://www.comics.org/issue/2057479/

Neither version got a solo series: the pre-Crisis one got solo stories in books headed by other leads (mainly Wonder Woman), while the New 52 one shared the title with Power Girl.

Anyway, I'm fine with the one from the current JSA run as a replacement for the pre-Crisis one — although if I had my way, she'd end her first JSA story arc by landing in the late 1970s, continuing her paralleling of the original Huntress' history right up through the First Crisis. Only, I'd then have the android Hourman rescue her from the shadow demons' attack and bring her back to the present: no remains were found, so he wouldn't really be changing history.

I'd also do a couple of other things to make her more like the pre-Crisis version: I'd establish that the Return of Bruce Wayne happened in the current timeline, and that it had a “missing chapter” where Bruce spent some time in the 1970s, where he encountered Huntress and worked with her. I'd also introduce a “Rick Grayson”, a future son of Dick Grayson who also landed in 1976 and became that era's Robin.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Neither version got a solo series: the pre-Crisis one got solo stories in books headed by other leads (mainly Wonder Woman), while the New 52 one shared the title with Power Girl.
    Actually, the New52 version did get a six-issue series that came prior to the first issues of Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest #1, though originally it seemed like it was a Helena Bertinelli series:

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, the New52 version did get a six-issue series that came prior to the first issues of Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest #1, though originally it seemed like it was a Helena Bertinelli series:
    And had the absolute audacity to kill Bertinelli offscreen and use it as an alias for this Huntress. The New 52 loved giving a massive "**** you" to post-Crisis fans.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

They didn't kill Bertinelli off-camera; they retconned her to have never existed in the first place, always having been an alias for Wayne. Not sure if that's better or worse.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.