Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Looking back that's a very good point thus rereading the mini series and Worlds Finest made me change my opinion now as to which Huntress is in the new Justice Society of America I can't wait to see who that Helena Wayne is
    The version of Helena Wayne / Huntress seen in the current Justice Society of America series is a Helena Wayne from the future. Unless Geoff Johns later somehow retcons her into a previous version, she's a new, separate character.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The version of Helena Wayne / Huntress seen in the current Justice Society of America series is a Helena Wayne from the future. Unless Geoff Johns later somehow retcons her into a previous version, she's a new, separate character.
    To this point, we are now seeing a 3rd version of the Huntress in the current pages of the JSA, and she is the first to originate from Earth Zero (Prime Earth?), albeit a "possible" future.

As for the other Helena Waynes, I didn't hate the nu52 Helena, but Earth Two Helena will always be my fave.

This. I think her time hopping isn't done yet, and there's a chance that she might get stuck in the past for an extended time (i.e., 1979–1985) basically making her a restoration of the pre-Crisis Helena Wayne (what you're calling Earth Two, but without an actual Earth Two). It would be in keeping with how he's basically restoring nearly all of Earth Two's history into Earth 0's 20th century, save only for the Golden Age Superman and Batman, and then adding in the Thirteen and related characters.

And a version of the Golden Age Batman stuff, and possibly some of the Golden Age Superman stuff as well, can be found in the future Helena comes from.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-24-2023 at 01:13 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    To this point, we are now seeing a 3rd version of the Huntress in the current pages of the JSA, and she is the first to originate from Earth Zero (Prime Earth?), albeit a "possible" future.

As for the other Helena Waynes, I didn't hate the nu52 Helena, but Earth Two Helena will always be my fave.
    You're right. There already have been several versions of Helena Wayne, and I'm already confused. Wish Johns wasn't doing all this revisionism.
    ==jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    You're right. There already have been several versions of Helena Wayne, and I'm already confused. Wish Johns wasn't doing all this revisionism.
    ==jthree
    There was the pre-Crisis Helena Wayne, the New 52 version of Helena Wayne, the Batman/Catwoman version of Helena Wayne, and this version of Helena Wayne. Am I missing any?
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    To be consistent, I always use Earth-Two to mean the pre-Crisis version. If I use Earth-2 or Earth 2, then you know I mean something else. It's in my imaginary style sheet (anyone who studied editing will know what I mean).
    I use “pre-Crisis Earth 2/Two” and “New 52 Earth 2/Two” to be clear; because if the reader isn't aware of your imaginary style sheet, “Earth Two vs. Earth 2” is confusing.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    There was the pre-Crisis Helena Wayne, the New 52 version of Helena Wayne, the Batman/Catwoman version of Helena Wayne, and this version of Helena Wayne. Am I missing any?
    Well, there was the post-CoIE version of pre-CoIE Helena Wayne who was a member of the Justice Society Infinity in Geoff Johns' post-Infinite Crisis run of Justice Society of America . . .

Well, there was the post-CoIE version of pre-CoIE Helena Wayne who was a member of the Justice Society Infinity in Geoff Johns' post-Infinite Crisis run of Justice Society of America . . .

A couple of questions...where is this from? (looks like Ordway art? Love it but not recalling it).

Also, who is the woman sitting next to Hector/Sandman? Seems like an Hourman legacy, but not recalling this character?
    Norticing too that Rick/Hourman is missing...

Lastly, is Hector in there twice? He appears to be there in his Silver Scarab costume, but ALSO in his later Kirby-inspired Sandman garb.

So there are 4 now right?

Pre-Crisis Earth 2
    Post Crisis daughter of mob boss
    New 52 Earth 2
    And now Batmans daughter from the main timeline in the future

Too early to judge the new one so I will go with the Pre-Crisis Earth 2 version.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    So there are 4 now right?

Pre-Crisis Earth 2
    Post Crisis daughter of mob boss
    New 52 Earth 2
    And now Batmans daughter from the main timeline in the future

Too early to judge the new one so I will go with the Pre-Crisis Earth 2 version.
    What do you mean "there are 4 now right"?!?

Not all of the ones you listed were Helena Wayne, and if you're just going by "Huntress", there's more than what you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    A couple of questions...where is this from? (looks like Ordway art? Love it but not recalling it).

Also, who is the woman sitting next to Hector/Sandman? Seems like an Hourman legacy, but not recalling this character?
    Norticing too that Rick/Hourman is missing...

Lastly, is Hector in there twice? He appears to be there in his Silver Scarab costume, but ALSO in his later Kirby-inspired Sandman garb.
    This was from the JSA Annual that came out just before Flashpoint. It was when Power Girl got sent to the pre-Flashpoint Earth 2.
    Rogue wears rouge.

This was from the JSA Annual that came out just before Flashpoint. It was when Power Girl got sent to the pre-Flashpoint Earth 2.
    Was that the "pre-Flashpoint Earth 2" or was it a variation of that Earth-Two (re-)created towards the end of 52?

The pre-Flashpoint Earth 2 was the Earth 2 that was created at the end of 52.
    Rogue wears rouge.

The pre-Flashpoint Earth 2 was the Earth 2 that was created at the end of 52.
    But it seemed somewhat . . . different.
    Had that version of Earth-2's Justice Society had all those past team-ups with the Earth-1 Justice League? It's been a while since I read that stuff (in a tpb collection, not individual issues) but Earth-2's Karen didn't seem very accepting of the idea that the other Karen was simply from another Earth and didn't necessarily have evil intentions.
    Then again, it could be more of Geoff Johns' bad writing for Power Girl . . .

Why not both? I adore the pre Crisis version . It's who I grew up with. I think she's a better character. I also enjoy the Bettinelli version ( but how many versions of her have we had?!?)

But I'd love Helena on a proper Earth 2, while the newer version can be on the current Earth 0/ prime Earth or whatever it's called now.

I miss the option of having various versions, who can meet and maybe even have an adventure!