Mighty Member

Default Dreams you had with Horror characters in them?

This morning I had a dream where I was chased around an Australian farm house by Mick Taylor from wolf creek. He was wielding the triple barrel shotgun from Undead too!

Have you had any dreams with Freddy, the thing, Romero zombies or other monsters?

Nope. I usually dream about superheroines.

Mighty Member

Dang. That never happens for me.

Had a dream where a final girl is recuperating in hospital only to have Leatherface burst in for more chainsaw madness...

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Funny how the brain works. I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner 5 days ago but I remember this one nightmare I had as a kid vividly.

I was being chased on the playground at my elementary school by an elderly couple with the Freddy Krueger Claws. Eventually they caught me.

Retired

I'm sure I've had lots of dreams with horror characters--many of my dreams are cinematic.

But the recurring dream I remember from childhood featured the Wicked Witch of the East. Not of the West--it was of the East because she had those striped socks. THE WIZARD OF OZ had many frightening scenes, but the scene of the feet curling up under the house after the ruby slippers come off, that's the one that haunted me most. I remember that I would always have this dream on the night before Christmas. It was the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    This morning I had a dream where I was chased around an Australian farm house by Mick Taylor from wolf creek. He was wielding the triple barrel shotgun from Undead too!

Have you had any dreams with Freddy, the thing, Romero zombies or other monsters?
    I had to look this up...first thing I thought was, "The guy from the Rolling Stones? He's in a horror movie?"

Mighty Member

In OZ the Wolf Creek flicks are better known I guess with a third on the way.

Also had a dream after I saw The Thing prequel where the creature was trying to get through a doorway I had boarded up and disguised itself as Julianne Moore!

I'm usually seeking vengeance on and hunting for Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees. Nothing ever happens either way.

Side note:

When I was 5 or 6, I had dream in which I had to save a Fay Wray type of damsel in distress from a werewolf. My only option was to turn into the Hulk. Needless to say, I saved her.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Mighty Member

It's 1970 and I'm watching Dark Shadows every day, mon-fri, 4-4:30. I dream Judah Zachary's headless body is walking down the street next to my house.

Mighty Member

In my early teens I had recurring dreams featuring the Predator. He would always appear at a random moment and push me off something high, causing me to fall. It was very Roadrunner v Coyote in it's way.

Mighty Member

I had a dream once about predator only he was more like Pennywise, taunting Arnies men with their secret fears such as their overbearing mothers.

My sister had a dream about the monster from Dean Koontz s watchers. She said it turned into a beautiful woman and married Kermit the frog!

Astonishing Member

Had a werewolf dream once and I was a hero called Dr. Chaos, fighting the wolf. I was blasting him with magic and woke up. My significant other, when told, told me to grow up. Had some cop show dreams where I was a cop.

Have had some ghost dreams. I think I did have a waking REM sleep intrusion. I came home late, after working very late, and was extremely tired. I was in the bathroom washing up to go to bed. I saw a little blonde girl about 6 years old in an old fashioned white dress reflected in the mirror. Ghost or a mini-REM sleep breakthough. Who knows?
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 01-18-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

I saw Freddy Krueger (for obvious reasons).

And I saw WWEs Kane back in the day.

When I get nightmares because of a movie I saw it usually is related to the movie without anything actually from the movie in them.
    But, when I was young, the movie Black Sabbath gave me nightmares with movie elements in them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So, I had a dream featuring Freddy Krueger...kind of. My dream started after I had apparently already killed Freddy. I don't know how I killed him, but whatever I did it must have been pretty violent because the entirety of his remains easily fit into a plastic shopping bag...a bag dripping with his blood. I was freaking out trying to figure out how the heck I was going to dispose of the remains. And then I woke up.

Not the most violent dream I've ever had.