Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes #1 Preview

Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes #1 Preview
    Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
    Artist: Scott Godlewski

Once, this would have been a dream come true. Now... Don't think I'll get this.

Peace

Birth of Duo Damsel?

I feel like this is going to end up being a bunch of talking heads and trying to sell people on Gold Lantern and Bendis' Legion.

Remember Bendis motto: "don't show how great your characters are, say it! And say it again and again and again until everyone accept it!"
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-07-2022 at 07:18 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Birth of Duo Damsel?

I feel like this is going to end up being a bunch of talking heads and trying to sell people on Gold Lantern and Bendis' Legion.
    Considering pet characters Naomi and Golden Lantern are front and center on the cover, I think that's a safe bet.

Peace

"Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes"

Oh man, this will be great, maybe a follow up to the Lightning Saga??

"Writer: Brian Michael Bendis"

(insert Seinfeld nope walking out of the theater gif)

All-New Member

No interest in Gold Lantern, Naomi and these faux Legionnaires. Naomi Is being pushed as hard as Stargirl (the heart of the JSA…I vomit a little whenever I hear that shiz

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    No interest in Gold Lantern, Naomi and these faux Legionnaires. Naomi Is being pushed as hard as Stargirl (the heart of the JSA…I vomit a little whenever I hear that shiz
    Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Courtney, but she never came off that forced in the context of the stories or when she debuted, but I guess I can see where people might compare Bendis and Johns at this point.

BANNED

After the boring sleepfest that checkmate turned out to be I am surprised Bendis is still doing miniseries. Bet this one will have nothing substantial in to justify its premises.

Spectacular Member

Well one of this last work for DC finally coming. 6-8 months to take and Bendis will gone from the publisher in 2022 !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Well one of this last work for DC finally coming. 6-8 months to take and Bendis will gone from the publisher in 2022 !
    Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Courtney, but she never came off that forced in the context of the stories or when she debuted, but I guess I can see where people might compare Bendis and Johns at this point.
    In six numbers you had six stories of Courtney, including her origin and built a lot around her, in her series she have the chance to meet other heroes before appear in other books; in six numbers you have one story of Naomi, her origin, and she has meet other characters by appearing in other books. Of course Naomi feels more forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Here's hoping.
    No, there is no hope. He still be working on that HBO series, remember?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Remember Bendis motto: "don't show how great your characters are, say it! And say it again and again and again until everyone accept it!"
    All of this. The sheer amount of unnecessary repetitive dialogue is so frustrating, yet unsurprising of Bendis' writing. I still get a kick out of that panel from Morrison's Green Lanterns: Blackstars mini series which roasts Bendis' dialogue.

So... it was as dissapointing as it was expecting to be? Good art, undoubtly, I assume.

I think what is odd is character appearances, I’m aware that the annual with Wonder Woman was delayed but I did read Diana’s return in Wonder Woman so that’s fine, I’m mainly talking about Superman. Because the entire time Bendis has I guess ignored the fact that Clark left the planet and the league so his big miniseries which is his last word on the JL that has Clark on the cover is weird for not actually having him in the book. Instead we get Jon, but hey at least it’s not he took his dad’s spot on the league but was instead called in by Batman for specific plot reasons, so Bendis gets points for it making sense.

If there was any random thing I liked it was Wildfire saying he wanted to hit Black Adam. Not because he did anything just because he wanted to see if he could. That I find funny.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.