Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So, I dare to to read it. Andfd the only thing I got clear is than Bendis lurks on forums sites, becuase he mentions two aspects than people have critized on his book. ("Show, don't tell") and the Black Lightining Thesis.

So then, as there is the possibility to Brian to read this, (you never knows) I would like him to do a silent issue in some book. A real silent issue, without dialogues or textboxes, only the title and the credits. And maybe a "The end" in the last page, in corner. I know he once did one, so I want to see if he still can pull something like that.

Who knows? Maybe it could be an outstanding story.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-11-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    So, I dare to to read it. Andfd the only thing I got clear is than Bendis lurks on forums sites, becuase he mentions two aspects than people have critized on his book. ("Show, don't tell") and the Black Lightining Thesis.

So then, as there is the possibility to Brian to read this, (you never knows) I would like him to do a silent issue in some book. A real silent issue, without dialogues or textboxes, only the title and the credits. And maybe a "The end" in the last page, in corner. I know he once did one, so I want to see if he still can pull something like that.

Who knows? Maybe it could be an outstanding story.
    Not surprised he’s trying to connect Lightning Lad to BL. He seems to want the Legion to have more connection to the present DC era. He’s already added a Lantern and Dr. Fate.

Just waiting for Batman of the year 3000 to show up.

That is the wortst you do with the legion. It lost any identity.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I thought it was fun but I'm just gonna trade wait it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not surprised he’s trying to connect Lightning Lad to BL. He seems to want the Legion to have more connection to the present DC era. He’s already added a Lantern and Dr. Fate.

Just waiting for Batman of the year 3000 to show up.
    Karate Kid should become the Batman of the 31st century. . Wildfire should be apart of the Firestorm Matrix.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Karate Kid should become the Batman of the 31st century. . Wildfire should be apart of the Firestorm Matrix.
    And Dawnstar can be a Thanagarian and White Witch can be descended from Etrigan and, Imsk can be a former 'bottle city' captured by Brainiac, and, and, we could easily ruin anything unique and interesting about the Legion, tying it to 'present-day' stuff, which changes so bewilderingly fast that it destroyed the book back in the 80s.

"Oh, you based the team around a teenaged Clark? Sorry, he no longer exists. Gonna have to Reboot!"

This happens all the time when the Legion ties to a modern property. "Oh, all the Green Lanterns are dead and the Corps has been destroyed *1000 years ago* so we *have* to get rid of Rond Vidar and make Sodam Yot the only Green Lantern!" <Two years later.> "Oh, the Corps is back. Ha ha. And so is a teen Superman. And Supergirl. And all the other crap we said you have to Reboot and get rid of..."

The past should either be ignored completely, or referenced in oddly inaccurate ways, "Tamaran? Nope, was never destroyed, I went there on a field trip, actually." hinting that with all the retcons and reboots that happen in the past, no 'past continuity' that exists on the newstands *today* is going to be relevant this same time next year, let alone 1000 years in the future!

But I'd definitely shy away from using immortal 21st century villains. It was done once, to great effect, with Darkseid, revitalizing a mostly abandoned major villain that now shows up all over the modern day continuity, as everyone and their dog attempts to ride on the coattails of a great story and re-bottle that lightning, but attempting to do it *again* with R'as al-Ghul, IMO, was a spectacular let-down. I do not want to see Brainiac and Vandal Savage and Circe and Wotan and Anti-Monitor and every other immortal villain out there show up 1000 years later to fight the Legion, trying and, most likely, failing to do anything but show how much better the Great Darkness Saga was than attempts to copy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The past should either be ignored completely, or referenced in oddly inaccurate ways, "Tamaran? Nope, was never destroyed, I went there on a field trip, actually." hinting that with all the retcons and reboots that happen in the past, no 'past continuity' that exists on the newstands *today* is going to be relevant this same time next year, let alone 1000 years in the future!
    This is a fun idea and I like it!

But no amount of relationship with the "present past" of other DC heroes will ever quite make up for Bendis bungling the Legion's own past to me.

Kryptonian bigamist Mon-El will never win my heart.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

And Dawnstar can be a Thanagarian and White Witch can be descended from Etrigan and, Imsk can be a former 'bottle city' captured by Brainiac, and, and, we could easily ruin anything unique and interesting about the Legion, tying it to 'present-day' stuff, which changes so bewilderingly fast that it destroyed the book back in the 80s.

"Oh, you based the team around a teenaged Clark? Sorry, he no longer exists. Gonna have to Reboot!"

This happens all the time when the Legion ties to a modern property. "Oh, all the Green Lanterns are dead and the Corps has been destroyed *1000 years ago* so we *have* to get rid of Rond Vidar and make Sodam Yot the only Green Lantern!" <Two years later.> "Oh, the Corps is back. Ha ha. And so is a teen Superman. And Supergirl. And all the other crap we said you have to Reboot and get rid of..."

But I'd definitely shy away from using immortal 21st century villains. It was done once, to great effect, with Darkseid, revitalizing a mostly abandoned major villain that now shows up all over the modern day continuity, as everyone and their dog attempts to ride on the coattails of a great story and re-bottle that lightning, but attempting to do it *again* with R'as al-Ghul, IMO, was a spectacular let-down. I do not want to see Brainiac and Vandal Savage and Circe and Wotan and Anti-Monitor and every other immortal villain out there show up 1000 years later to fight the Legion, trying and, most likely, failing to do anything but show how much better the Great Darkness Saga was than attempts to copy it.
    I disagree but I'm ok with a moderate approach. Legion has 1000+ members and I don't need all of them to have a tie to the current DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Connecting Wildfire and Firestorm at least makes more sense than the Johns/Meltzer idea that Wildfire was inhabiting Red Tornado's body. Glad that went nowhere. (although the combined people idea gives me bad flashbacks to his Reboot origin where he was Blast Off and Atom'X fused together)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Connecting Wildfire and Firestorm at least makes more sense than the Johns/Meltzer idea that Wildfire was inhabiting Red Tornado's body. Glad that went nowhere. (although the combined people idea gives me bad flashbacks to his Reboot origin where he was Blast Off and Atom'X fused together)
    That's all I'm asking for. 1 or 2 common sense connections. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

SAY WHAT?????

Peace

That is the better solution. Present day should be for the Legion like some mythic time with myth and legend confused. They should not have a precise account of every detail. Invent some event between present and past than confuses the historical recordings (either their lack of records or being false), and that is why maybe the Legionaries when travel back in time discover they don't really know a lot of things happened in the past.

I add to this. I would like to see one or two but not everyone. It was special with Darkseid but the more is done, the least impact it have. I insist what was done with Mordru in JSA was a better twist on the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Don't forget we don't know how old exactly he is. He could be a 30 years old guy hanging with teenagers. Suspiciuos.

Justice League v The Legion

Just the title makes me smile, feeling the warm glow inside that I’ll never read it, let alone buy it.

I’m going to suggest that you can almost instantly access certain comics by opening them up and flicking through 10 to 15 pages rapidly, spending about 2 seconds a page, thereby only wasting 20 to 30 seconds.

Basically you just flick through the pages, and get a feel for page lay-out and word content.

Pick up a lot of Geoff Johns work in recent years, and it’s immediately obvious that there’s a lot of big splash pages, little dialogue, and very low panel count. Basically it all suggests Geoff can’t be bothered to write much story quite often.

Then pick up a fair bit of Brian Bendis stuff…and immediately obvious that there’s way too much text, too little action, it’s all too slow.

This wood be the perfect opportunity to explain why Vixen and Timberwolves share the same symbol
    th (5).jpeg
    th (4).jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This wood be the perfect opportunity to explain why Vixen and Timberwolves share the same symbol
    th (5).jpeg
    th (4).jpg
    Cool catch. I didn't notice it till now.