Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default X-Men Red #1 team?

https://gizmodo.com/marvels-destiny-...men-1848317036

“X-Men: Red will see mutantkind divided over what’s next for Arakko. Major players like Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Abigail Brand, the mutants of the Great Ring, and many more all have different hopes—and fears—regarding Arakko’s uncertain future. A place of mystery, strength, and endless conflict, Arakko needs something more than just a team of heroes to defend it. Who will rise to the challenge?

Issue 1

“X-Men: Red #1—The mutants of Arakko spent millennia scarred by war—but on what was once called Mars, they’re learning to live in peace. Storm knows the red planet needs something greater than a queen. But Abigail Brand has other plans, along with an unstable Vulcan on her side and Cable keeping his own secrets. It’s a new world… and someone has to fight for it.”

Issue 2

“X-Men: Red #2—The mutants of Mars spent millennia worshipping war—and on what they now call Arakko, they’re keeping up their violent ways. Abigail Brand knows the red planet needs a firm ruler in charge. But Storm has other ideas, along with a broken Magneto in her corner and Sunspot making his own moves. It’s a new world… and someone has to claim it.”

The comic will be written Al Ewing, fresh off his work on Immortal Hulk, with interior art from Stefano Caselli and covers by the fabulous Russell Dauterman, who also designed Storm’s equally fabulous new costume. X-Men: Red #1 arrives on April 6, followed by #2 on April 27.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-08-2022 at 06:44 AM.

As far as I'm concerned this is the flagship. With Ewing and Gillen onboard after Hickman, fans of quality are so spoiled right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    https://gizmodo.com/marvels-destiny-...men-1848317036

“X-Men: Red will see mutantkind divided over what’s next for Arakko. Major players like Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Abigail Brand, the mutants of the Great Ring, and many more all have different hopes—and fears—regarding Arakko’s uncertain future. A place of mystery, strength, and endless conflict, Arakko needs something more than just a team of heroes to defend it. Who will rise to the challenge?

Issue 1

“X-Men: Red #1—The mutants of Arakko spent millennia scarred by war—but on what was once called Mars, they’re learning to live in peace. Storm knows the red planet needs something greater than a queen. But Abigail Brand has other plans, along with an unstable Vulcan on her side and Cable keeping his own secrets. It’s a new world… and someone has to fight for it.”

Issue 2

“X-Men: Red #2—The mutants of Mars spent millennia worshipping war—and on what they now call Arakko, they’re keeping up their violent ways. Abigail Brand knows the red planet needs a firm ruler in charge. But Storm has other ideas, along with a broken Magneto in her corner and Sunspot making his own moves. It’s a new world… and someone has to claim it.”

The comic will be written Al Ewing, fresh off his work on Immortal Hulk, with interior art from Stefano Caselli and covers by the fabulous Russell Dauterman, who also designed Storm’s equally fabulous new costume. X-Men: Red #1 arrives on April 6, followed by #2 on April 27.
    'Broken Magneto'...What is that about?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    As far as I'm concerned this is the flagship. With Ewing and Gillen onboard after Hickman, fans of quality are so spoiled right now.
    Agreed. And I love the cast… Storm, Magneto, Cable, Sunspot… with Brand and Vulcan. Pretty interesting mix of characters. Look forward to seeing who else is in this.

Brand could have chosen to work with another black-haired, white, emotionally complicated man with strong powers and a red-and-black costume. Vulcan is a great choice, but I hope she considers Hellion for future plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I have high hopes for this. Ewing's the closest to Hickman.......maybe after Gillen

Ultimate Member

Looks promising. I'd be in it for Sunspot alone, but I am somewhat curious about what's going on with Vulcan (even if I don't particularly care for him, as a character, his *story* is intriguing, and I'd love if Petra or Sway figured into it, at least as guest-stars).

It’s been awhile since we’ve seen Roberto and Nathan interact, and they have a lot of history. I also look forward to watching Nathan and Erik together. The last time I can remember them interacting was in Second Coming when he told Hope not to talk to Magneto. So much potential in this book… I hope Ewing taps into it. He’s definitely the best writer left in the X-office IMO. Gillen is probably a close second. Again, IMO. So this should be a fun book. And it’s going to look great.

My only nitpick is Caselli not also doing covers. I’d love to see both him and Dauterman doing them honestly. We can have variant covers. Marvel loves them. Why not?

Im just hoping we see more Arakkii culture, Vulcan actually function on a team after he hopefully wakes it up on Brands dumb plan and some high sci-fi plotlines evolving everybody in the book!

Incredible Member

I hope we still see more of the rest of the S.W.O.R.D crowd, especially Frenzy and Peepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s been awhile since we’ve seen Roberto and Nathan interact, and they have a lot of history. I also look forward to watching Nathan and Erik together. The last time I can remember them interacting was in Second Coming when he told Hope not to talk to Magneto. So much potential in this book… I hope Ewing taps into it. He’s definitely the best writer left in the X-office IMO. Gillen is probably a close second. Again, IMO. So this should be a fun book. And it’s going to look great.

My only nitpick is Caselli not also doing covers. I’d love to see both him and Dauterman doing them honestly. We can have variant covers. Marvel loves them. Why not?
    With Roberto and Nathan in the book, we must get some Sam time with them. We must.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Oh for sure. I think Sam showing up is a given.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It reads to me like Brand is going to try to replace Storm with Omega-level Vulcan, giving her leadership of Arakko.

Of all the Great Ring Omegas, I wonder most what Idyll the Seer actually contributes.

Ultimate Member

So then another book where every character is stabbing every other character in the back on an issue by issue basis...

Hoping that now that it’s been announced we see some character sketches and designs from Caselli. I love that stuff. Really liked seeing all of Schiti’s new costume design sketches for the cast when S.W.O.R.D. first launched. Hopefully they’re allowing Caselli or Dauterman to redesign other character’s looks too in addition to Storm’s.